Fave meal ideas and recipes.

vicky_77

Hello all

I am booked in with my doctor to start the process of getting Xenical (he already said i can have it but I have too book in and get weight by the Nurse practioner).

I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or meal ideas they would like to share. I am a real fussy eater and do not like veggies or salad but love fruit so i am bit worried about meals etc.

Vicky
XXX

My fave at the minute is chicken breast stuffed with extra light phili.. wrapped in a healthy living bacon, with weight watchers chips and loads of salad... or with jacket potato and salad.... yum

or jacket pots with chilli con carne and salad.. but use extra lean mince.. i use the one from tesco as aint found extra lean mince anywhere else and that the only 1 we can eat (if im wrong im sure someone will tell me where else it can be brought)

chilli con carne and brown rice... and obviously salad... i have salad with everything.. well except if im being lazy and just have soup (heinz, chicken, tom, oxtail ect

Im sure more people will give you more ideas hun x

Yeah Morribobs do the extra lean mince too! Its my fave at the min, cottage pie, hm burgers, chilli, bolognese etc :) Wouldnt be able to do this without my extra lean mince lol :)

Mixed seafood ( prawn, squid rings and mussels) with some tomato and basil pasta sauce, mixed through some wholewheat spaghetti. Chicken and mushrooms, fried in some fry light, chuck on some WW korma sauce and serve with brown rice ( or white rice if you prefer lol)

Yummy. So it is quite plausable once i start to read and be more aware of fat contents in foods that i can still eat nice tasty meals. Its all down to good food choices and i suppose the way you cook your food too.

I am dreading it a bit as i am so fussy and dont eat any veg except potatoes but do love chicken, pastas and rice but then i dont want to be eating too many carbs! :rolleyes:

Hi hun, i dont eat meat or fish,so i my food is based around piles of veg which i love anyway,pasta and rices...

i have to be careful with the carbs,im always under my allowances though. i track my food food through my fitness pal, i reccomend you sign up if you havent already, it adds everything all up for you and its very simple to use.

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

as long as you stick within the rules,your diet doesnt have to change that much,as most things can be adapted to fit, for eg, no oil use fry light...want mayo... use extra light..and so forth.

good luck!

I love pitta bread toasted filled with lettuce, salad cream and lots of roasted chicken. Marinading the chicken in a flavoured powder marinade makes the chicken a little more interesting too!

that sounds nice hun, you are usually fine with herbs etc.. that fitness site has a huge data base where you can look food up, branded and shop own and generic and it will tell you the info for that food, by 100g too so great for working out the fat etc..

i use it all the time!

Don't worry about the fat in herbs and spices, there isn't any! Use t
hem to stop your food being bland.

What downsize me said lol Herbs and spices are great for adding flavour :) Oh but be wary of premade pastes, they could be high fat, just check the labels and you'll be fine :)

Vicky, I know you said you don't live veg, but how are you about having them in soups, completely blended? I've got a raft of soup recipes, all "nil or low points from WW" that really help me, especially at this cold time of year. Let me know if you eat veg this way, and I'll send some recipes to you.

Vicky, I know you said you don't live veg, but how are you about having them in soups, completely blended? I've got a raft of soup recipes, all "nil or low points from WW" that really help me, especially at this cold time of year. Let me know if you eat veg this way, and I'll send some recipes to you.

Could you send some recipes to me please too? :)

Back