Favorite chicken recipe - please share

MissHP

Silver Member
What's your favorite chicken recipes? I know there's loads on here but just wondered what your favorite is, how many syns it is? and if you'd like to share the recipe?

Got some chicken when i did the shopping today, but want to make something different with it this week, rather than the usual dishes i do.

Thanks

HP xx

This is one of mine recipes.....

Pete’s Chicken wrapped in Bacon with cheese
use as a main meal

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 chicken breast
42g of mozzarella cheese, reduced Fat (1xHea)
6 slices of smoked lean bacon
3 Tomatoes
Peas
1 Onion
125Ml rice
Basil leaves

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c place bacon onto a board and remove any fat then using the back of a knife stretch the bacon then wrap the chicken slightly overlapping each other.

Apply Fry light to the casserole dish, place each chicken piece into dish. Cut the tomatoes and place either with the chicken or a small oven ready dish, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and add a few basil leaves.

Bake in oven for approx 10-15 mins or until bacon is slightly browned and then remove from the oven and cover with the mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 mins or until the chicken has cooked and the cheese has melted.

While the chicken is cooking. cook the finely chopped onion in a small pan with the peas.
When the rice has cooked remove from the pan and tip into a sieve and place back on the pan and steam it for a few minutes, remove and add the onion and peas and then plate up.

Remove chicken and tomatoes, remove the basil leaves and place on the rice.

Enjoy with salad.

Attachments

• Bacon wrapped Chicken-1.JPG
    Bacon wrapped Chicken-1.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 563
  • Bacon Wrapped Chicken-2.JPG
    Bacon Wrapped Chicken-2.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 289
The sticky chicken reveille is so easy
And yummy, I added chilli and garlic to as recommended on here. I also like making my own curries.

Chicken with Tarragon

2 chicken breasts
chicken bovril
onion chopped finely
carrots sliced lengthways
mushroom
courgettes
green beans
in fact any veg you like.
garlic crushed
Tarragon couple TBSP chopped or snipped.
S&pepper

Frylight the chicken til browned slightly.

Mix up enough stock with the bovril or stock cube to cover your chicken and veg.
Cook for about 25 minutes. If using courgettes add ten minutes towards end.

Bung a jacket potato in microwave. At the end stir in 1T single cream or Elmlea or creme fraiche to each portion. Nice served in a bowl.

Blooming flabulous.

You can adapt this to absolutely any combination of veg that you have or like.

I love this chicken pasta dish that my boyfriend and I make, I suppose it could be called 'Lemony Rocket Chicken Pasta', but it's easily adapted. It's awesome with mushrooms instead. The WW creme fraiche could probably be replaced by quark or fromage frais if you didn't want to spend the syns. I think it's worth it though, tastes incredibly creamy and decadent for just a few syns! My bf was a total sceptic about so called 'diet food', but will quite happily wolf down a huge portion of this.

Chicken Breast Fillets
Frylight
A bunch of spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
A tub of WW creme fraiche (it's 0.5syns per tbsp, I normally allow 3.5 syns for half a tub)
Lemon juice (I use the stuff in a bottle, it's probably the equivalent of the juice of half a juicy lemon)
1 chicken stock cube
Dried mixed herbs
Black pepper
Pasta
Packet of rocket

Using Frylight, fry the chicken, garlic and chopped spring onions in a large pan. Put the pasta on to boil. Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, add the creme fraiche, lemon juice, stock cube, dried herbs and pepper (to taste). When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the chicken/sauce mixture, and mix them together. Then, quickly add the rocket in handfuls, stirring the pasta so the rocket wilts into the mixture. Serve with a side salad.

Tonight I cooked some red onion and peppers in fry light, added some chicken and sprinkled some of the smokey fajita flavouring over it, then a tin of tomatoes and simmered until cooked and served it with tagliatelle. Another simple chicken meal is to griddle boneless chick thighs(tastier than breast) until completely cooked and has black griddle marks on and in a separate frying pan, reduce some cheap balsamic vinegar down until it's thick and syrupy and drizzle it over the chicken It's yum. Had it in a tapas recently and copied it. Can be served with anything.

Another recipe I like (which I call Chicken Chugg after my grandad's surname - he likes to make it)

15 syns total recipe
4 syns per serving
Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
2 onions
200g mushrooms
2 medium carrots, sliced (or frozen sliced carrots)
2 tins of Bachelors Condensed Low Fat Chicken Soup

Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces and chop the onions and slice the carrots and mushrooms.
Brown the chicken, onion and mushrooms. Add the carrots and then add the soup, 2 tins of soup and then fill one tin with water and add the water to the pan. (I like it quite thick but you can add another tin of water if you want..).
Simmer until the chicken is cooked through - the carrots should be cooked by this point too - usually around 30/40 mins.

Lovely with SW Roast Potatoes or even some rice.

Back