Favorite chicken recipe - please share

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by MissHP, 27 August 2011 Social URL.

1. MissHP

MissHP Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    What's your favorite chicken recipes? I know there's loads on here but just wondered what your favorite is, how many syns it is? and if you'd like to share the recipe?

Got some chicken when i did the shopping today, but want to make something different with it this week, rather than the usual dishes i do.

Thanks

HP xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    This is one of mine recipes.....

Pete’s Chicken wrapped in Bacon with cheese
    use as a main meal

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 chicken breast
    42g of mozzarella cheese, reduced Fat (1xHea)
    6 slices of smoked lean bacon
    3 Tomatoes
    Peas
    1 Onion
    125Ml rice
    Basil leaves

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c place bacon onto a board and remove any fat then using the back of a knife stretch the bacon then wrap the chicken slightly overlapping each other.

Apply Fry light to the casserole dish, place each chicken piece into dish. Cut the tomatoes and place either with the chicken or a small oven ready dish, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and add a few basil leaves.

Bake in oven for approx 10-15 mins or until bacon is slightly browned and then remove from the oven and cover with the mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 mins or until the chicken has cooked and the cheese has melted.

While the chicken is cooking. cook the finely chopped onion in a small pan with the peas.
    When the rice has cooked remove from the pan and tip into a sieve and place back on the pan and steam it for a few minutes, remove and add the onion and peas and then plate up.

Remove chicken and tomatoes, remove the basil leaves and place on the rice.

Enjoy with salad.

Attached Files:

4. TRIXABC

TRIXABC Banned

Start Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  5. R.G

R.G Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    home made chicken curry with half rice and half chunky chilli chips

6. catmonkey

catmonkey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The sticky chicken reveille is so easy
    And yummy, I added chilli and garlic to as recommended on here. I also like making my own curries.

7. rabbitnose

rabbitnose Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I also love the sticky chicken makes me feel like I'm having a take away yum!

8. MissHP

MissHP Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the chicken recipes and idea, keep them coming.

HPxx

9. Flabulous

Flabulous Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.28%)
    Chicken with Tarragon

2 chicken breasts
    chicken bovril
    onion chopped finely
    carrots sliced lengthways
    mushroom
    courgettes
    green beans
    in fact any veg you like.
    garlic crushed
    Tarragon couple TBSP chopped or snipped.
    S&pepper

Frylight the chicken til browned slightly.

Mix up enough stock with the bovril or stock cube to cover your chicken and veg.
    Cook for about 25 minutes. If using courgettes add ten minutes towards end.

Bung a jacket potato in microwave. At the end stir in 1T single cream or Elmlea or creme fraiche to each portion. Nice served in a bowl.

Blooming flabulous.

You can adapt this to absolutely any combination of veg that you have or like.

10. MiniBean

MiniBean Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.94%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I love this chicken pasta dish that my boyfriend and I make, I suppose it could be called 'Lemony Rocket Chicken Pasta', but it's easily adapted. It's awesome with mushrooms instead. The WW creme fraiche could probably be replaced by quark or fromage frais if you didn't want to spend the syns. I think it's worth it though, tastes incredibly creamy and decadent for just a few syns! My bf was a total sceptic about so called 'diet food', but will quite happily wolf down a huge portion of this.

Chicken Breast Fillets
    Frylight
    A bunch of spring onions
    2 cloves of garlic
    A tub of WW creme fraiche (it's 0.5syns per tbsp, I normally allow 3.5 syns for half a tub)
    Lemon juice (I use the stuff in a bottle, it's probably the equivalent of the juice of half a juicy lemon)
    1 chicken stock cube
    Dried mixed herbs
    Black pepper
    Pasta
    Packet of rocket

Using Frylight, fry the chicken, garlic and chopped spring onions in a large pan. Put the pasta on to boil. Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, add the creme fraiche, lemon juice, stock cube, dried herbs and pepper (to taste). When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the chicken/sauce mixture, and mix them together. Then, quickly add the rocket in handfuls, stirring the pasta so the rocket wilts into the mixture. Serve with a side salad.

11. lucyc35

lucyc35 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tonight I cooked some red onion and peppers in fry light, added some chicken and sprinkled some of the smokey fajita flavouring over it, then a tin of tomatoes and simmered until cooked and served it with tagliatelle. Another simple chicken meal is to griddle boneless chick thighs(tastier than breast) until completely cooked and has black griddle marks on and in a separate frying pan, reduce some cheap balsamic vinegar down until it's thick and syrupy and drizzle it over the chicken It's yum. Had it in a tapas recently and copied it. Can be served with anything.

12. Just_Eleanor

Just_Eleanor Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chicken Cacciatore from the SW magazine

This recipe is seriously delicious, I couldn't believe it was a SW recipe. The tinned cherry tomatoes are essential for me, I use Tesco Finest ones, seriously rich and yummy. You can also really easily alter it to your own taste. I personally add lots of mixed Italian herbs and some extra garlic. I have also added chopped chilli before.

I usually serve new potatoes or with pasta in which case I make more pasta and take a portion to work the next day. This tastes even better reheated the next day if that's possible!

Fry Light
    Salt and Ground Black Pepper
    4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
    12 Bacon Rashes, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    2 sticks of celery, chopped
    1 carrot, chopped
    2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    120ml chicken stock
    2 tins of cherry tomatoes
    2 bay leaves
    handful of basil leaves

• Fry seasoned chicken until golden, transfer to large pan.
    • Spray frying pan add the bacon and fry for 2 mins.
    • Stir in garlic, onion, celery and carrot cook for 6-8 mins or until the onion is tender.
    • Add the onion mixture to the chicken. Stir in the stock, tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until chicken cooked.
    • Serve garnished with basil.

13. rainbow_brite

rainbow_brite Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol - I was just going to post that recipe! Tried it last week and loved it - having it for tea tomorrow!

14. rainbow_brite

rainbow_brite Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Another recipe I like (which I call Chicken Chugg after my grandad's surname - he likes to make it)

15 syns total recipe
    4 syns per serving
    Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
    2 onions
    200g mushrooms
    2 medium carrots, sliced (or frozen sliced carrots)
    2 tins of Bachelors Condensed Low Fat Chicken Soup

Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces and chop the onions and slice the carrots and mushrooms.
    Brown the chicken, onion and mushrooms. Add the carrots and then add the soup, 2 tins of soup and then fill one tin with water and add the water to the pan. (I like it quite thick but you can add another tin of water if you want..).
    Simmer until the chicken is cooked through - the carrots should be cooked by this point too - usually around 30/40 mins.

Lovely with SW Roast Potatoes or even some rice.

15. Just_Eleanor

Just_Eleanor Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I literally start salivating when I know I'm making this for tea, so happy that if I only ate one of my favourite recipes I'd also lose weight :p

So hard to describe just how rich and ... delicious it is! Always make a ton and freeze it for weak moments!

16. MissHP

MissHP Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the great recipes, I'll definitely be trying some of these.

HP xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.