Favourite soup recipes?

Made this yesterday and was so delicous. Leek, potato and broccoli soup.

1 leek, 2 small potatoes and qaurter of a broccoli bunch (only thing I can think of to call it) bouillian (sp?) powder. Boil until soft and then blend. Was gorgeous.

My fave at the mo is butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot and coriander, it's lush! Recipe in my signature link, 1st post.

Me and my Mum have just come back from London, and she has a lovely leek, potato and coriander soup in the hotel restaurant. I'll be making my own SW syn free version of this over the weekend!!

my fave is carrot and lentil. i dont really bother to measure anything but here goes:

about 5-6 large carrots
about 80-100g dried red lentils (make sure you soak and rinse them)
an onion
loads of garlic.
coriander/cumin or curry powder what ever i have in the cupboard
veg stock

basically just chop everything up, fill up the pan to cover, simmer way for 30 mins or so, blend, and if needed add more water to get it to your liking

Chilli Lentil and Sausage soup:

200g red lentils
1 medium onion
1 carrot
1 red pepper
1 tin kidney beans
2-3 sausages
1/4 pint passata
2 vegetable stock cubes
fajita spice to taste
pinch of chilli powder

Cover the lentils with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until mushy. In the meantime chop the onion, carrot and pepper and fry in a little oil until softened. Add the veg to the lentils, stir in the stock cubes and passata and cook for 15-20 minutes. Add the kidney beans and stir through the fajita spice and chilli powder.

While the soup is simmering, cook your sausages and then just chop and add in at the end of cooking. I'm a vegan so I use Linda McCartney sausages, but quorn ones work just as well for my vegetarian daughter, and I'd imagine the meat eaters could use low-fat pork or turkey sausages.

I use a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil to fry the veg, which is a healthy extra. Syn your sausages as required, and everything else is free.

This is an incredibly filling soup that can be had as a main meal in the evening. As well as being yummy it means I don't want to eat anything else all night!

mine is basic but scrummy
1 cup of red lentils
1.5 litre of stock
1 carrot chopped
1 potato chopped
1 onion
olive oil or fry lite
salt and plenty of black pepper

Fry the onions till they are just burnt. add the potato, carrot and lentils and stir till they get coated, then add the stock, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Leave for a while then blitz with a handblender.
Amazing!

Pete’s Three Bean Soup

Serves 2 or 4 people

Ingredients
Half these ingredients for 2 people*

*410g of Kidney beans, drained and washed
*400g chick peas, drained and washed
*410g butter beans, drained and washed
* 1 Ltr vegetable stock made with a Knorr stock pot
1 Tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped

Method

Spray a deep saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onions and celery, cool on a low light until they are soft, add all other ingredients, season, and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins.

Pete’s Super Speed Soup
(original idea on Minimins website)

Serves 4 people

Ingredients

1 can mixed bean salad
1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 stick of celery, chopped small
1 large leek, chopped small
1 large onion, chopped small
1 large carrot, chopped small
1 green or red pepper, chopped small
1 chilli, chopped small
750 mL of beef stock
Mixed herbs

Method

Using a large pot, spray with Fry Light, add chopped celery, onion, leeks, carrots, peppers and chilli and cool until soft.
When soft add the stock, chopped tomatoes, beans and herbs.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand liquidizer reduce to a smooth constituency, or if you like it lumpy leave alone!

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Ingredients

400g of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 piece of celery, chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes and add 300mL of water also a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Attachments

• 3 Bean Soup (Large).JPG
    3 Bean Soup (Large).JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 247
  • pete's soup-1 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup-1 (Large).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 242
  • pete's soup-2 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup-2 (Large).JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 235
  • pete's soup -3 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup -3 (Large).JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 258
I haven't read all posts so apologies if I'm repeating but I LOVE sweet potato and butternut squash soup:

2 sweet potatoes roughly chopped
1 BNS (i don't bother to peel it because i'm lazy! just give it a good wash :)) roughly chopped
1 white onion roughly chopped
1 carrot roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic (crushed or chopped whichever you prefer)
a little less than half a tsp mild curry powder (more or less depending on preferred taste)
ground pepper
2.5 pints of veg stock (I use 2 veg stock pots and 1 veg cube)

1) fry the onion and garlic in fry light for a few minutes
2) add in the BNS, sweet potato and carrot and pour over the stock
3)add the curry powder and a good grinding of pepper
4) bring to the boil then cover and simmer until the veg can be broken up with a fork)
5) blitz and serve

YUMMY!!!

Okay So I love the sound of a lot of these recipes and will be trying them out :) The soup i'm loving at the minute is one our group leader gave us that she got from a friend.

Super Speed Soup
2 Tins of tomatoes
1 Tin of baked beans
1 Tin of green lentils
1 Tin mixed beans
1 onion
2 carrots
2 parsnips
2 leeks
3 peppers (any colour)
2 beef stock cubes

Method:
Add all the tinned food into a pot, then chopp veg and add to pot. Add 1pint of water to the stock cubes and put in pot. Cook for 3mins then blend.

I drink a few cups a day :) You can add spices and salt to flavour

Ive been eating my lentil soup everyday for the past few weeks, love it!

I used to faff around boiling up a ham hough and making stock til i discovered pork stock cubes give exactly the same end result:D

Massive stock pot 3/4 full of water
2 pork stock cubes
Bring water to boil
Add 3/4 of 500g bag of dried red lentils
Whole swede chopped into cubes
2 or 3 leeks finely sliced
Bring it back up to a simmer
Add 7 or 8 big carrots - i liquidise/blend the carrots before i put them in.

Simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste - i like loads of black pepper in mine.

I like to blitz my soup smooth but it is just as good left chunky. Most of the veg is quite small anyway.

tomato soup......

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

400g of chopped tomatoes
300mL stock using a Knorr vegetable stock pot & hot water
1 Tsp tomato puree
1 small onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 piece of celery, chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes and add the stock and a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Attachments

• Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 197
eye6769 said:
All these lovely ideas are great, inspired me to make a curry parsnip and apple soup, very tasty, only a couple of syns for whole soup but makes loads so very worth it, may have to have a second mugful,

Hi whts the Receipe for curried parsnip soup

HUBBYS EASY GREEN BEAN SOUP

We have an allotment hubby likes to grow green beans but will not eat as a veg on his plate so he looked for a soup recipe.

He actually adores this soup and says it is his favourite,

Ingredients
frylight
approx 20 runner beans, string removed, thinly sliced
3 onions, chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 to 1 1/2 pints of veg stock we use a pint initially as like it thick
seasoning

Method
- fry the beans, onions and carrot using fry light until soft but not browned.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a blender, then return the soup to the pan, season to taste and reheat.

Does anyone have a favourite Roasted red pepper soup recipe? I've tried it before but it never tastes quite right. x

Back