Feb 09 Starters!

I agree about the scales - weighing at home messes with your head.

I do weigh at home but only twice a week (Monday & Tuesday) and the scales are put away for the rest of the week.

Well done everyone on doing so well so far :D

Hi all, I'm feelin gmuch better about the whole LL thing today and i think that this is because I'm back at work this week. We were off last week for half-term and I was constantly surrounded by food at home but now that I'm at work I have so much other stuff to do I haven't had time to feel 'hungry' or stare at what I would like to eat in the kitchen cupboards. I'd say weekends will be hard but hey, if I've managed to finish week 1 (almost) at home surrounded by goodies and cooking meals for others, then I'll be fine!

Positve Mental Attitude!!!! :)

I totally agree about the scales, when i lost 4 stone 2 years ago i became obsessed, weighing myself twice a day which was ridiculous. Your body's weight fluctuates wildly throughout the day so i was disappointed to have "put on" 3 pounds when weighing myself in the evening. My wife had to hide the scales eventually!

Well done pollyy, great loss. I started on the 10th Feb too so had my first weeks weigh in and I lost 13lbs. Really chuffed with that!

Great losses BB and Pollyy, you honestly won't believe how easily the lbs shift on LL.

Good stuff all you Fab Feb losers

Cheers! I feel so good already and its only been a week. My jeans already feel more comfortable so hopefully if i keep going I can dig out the old pairs that have been stored away in the wardrobe.

Onwards and downwards, keep going losers! :p

I'm really struggling with this diet and i'm only on week 2, i had a lapse the other night and it made me feel better about doing the diet but I'm wondering whether or not I should bother going ahead with it! I dont know if i've got the willpower especially when the OH seems to constantly scoff takeaways in front of me!!!! I already put on 2lb from my lapse and i'm afraid i've messed up now!

A lapse is just that a temporary lapse, I've lapsed a couple of times and last week (week 15) was the first week I gained and it was 2lbs, I was gutted but since then I've been telling myself I can have it if I want I just CHOOSE not to. You can do it hun, it is hard but in the long run it's really worth it, I've struggled a hell of a lot and look how far I've come!

Onwards and downwards hun.

Emma xXx

Thanks! I really do want to do this! I don't mind other people eating around me and I don't even mind cooking, it's just the OH and his flipping takeaways! He says he's gonna stop now cuz he's making this more difficult for me!!!! I know it is me who needs to make the choice not to eat and it's not his fault but he doesn't make it any easier.
As I said to my LLC, I think that I needed the lapse as I really felt like I was being deprived of food and the shakes were making me fell ill. After I ate, I fell asleep straight away and was exhausted the next morning which made me feel that it was worth going on with the diet as I have been full of energy on it!

I will do this, i'm just trying to picure a size 10 me in lovely summer clothes to try and get through this!

The last 2 nights have been torture for me, I don't think I've been hungrier in my entire life, I felt sick I was so hungy,l ended up going to bed at 9.00pm thursday because I couldn't take any more and it wasn't through lack of water as I had drunk more than 5 litres throughout the day. Friday was much the same but I took solace in the fact that I had a pop-in session at 6.30pm which see me lose a further 3.5lbs. That was the movitation that got through last night and thankfully I feel better today. Sorry for rambling but I totally know how you feel, its incredibly difficult, especially when others around you are eating. But do keep in there, I'm just trying to think of all the things i will be able to do in a few months time, and how much happier I will feel within myself. plus I'm proud of what I've achieved already - 17lbs loss in a week and a half. So, keep going!

Well done

Hello Guys,
Well done on the superb starting losses. I'm sorry you are finding it hard, but your bodies and minds are making huge adjustments.I hope the good weight losses are inspiring you to keep going.
Other people can support you by not eating take-aways in your face when you have just started - doesn't seem very fair to me.
It's all about choice, you have the power. Depends how much you really want to lose your weight. How important it is to you and what your motivation is.
By the way loconnor, this time last year I was in size 30 trousers - now I AM wearing size 10. It can be done if you are determined.
Good luck everyone.

All that is described by your two is perfectly normal and its important to remember that, you go through phases and this is what to expect

1. Sick, feeling you are being deprived of food and wanting it
2. Dreaming about eating (yes this really happens, others will say so too)
3. Day dreaming about food and not being able to switch it off
4. Acceptance that you are not going to eat
5. Calm, you are finally not bothered about food

Give this three weeks guys you will go through the whole range above. But the important thing to remember is the purpose adn why you are doing this to start with, look at SB and others for inspiration, i will be here for you and so will others, so dont worry, you are not alone and you are not the only person to feel the way you do, we have all gone through it and we shall pull you through it all also.

Thanks Huseyin

As you say, we are all here to support each other through this LL experience and share the ups and downs.

:gen126:

Wow, thanks guys! everyone is so supportive, I have been feeling much more positive since last night, I caught a glimps of myself in the full length mirror last night and a couldn't stop smiling at the thought of how nice and slim i WILL be! OH has promised to be more supportive, Lent starts on Wednesday and he says he's giving up sweet stuff and takeaways (I'll believe it when I see it :p)

Anyway, I think I've come to the point where, yes at the time it's hard watching people eat things I love even though I know they're bad for you but I can cope. I always feel much better when I see how sluggish and bloated they are because of the cr*p that they've eaten and how well I feel for not! My reward is how good I feel and when I think back to the meals that my friends and family have eaten in the last week and a half, I'm so pleased that I resisted (apart from my one lapse :copon:)

Thanks for the good advice, I've got another WI tomorrow night so we'll see how badly my lapse had affected me. If it don't lose it this week, I WILL lose it next week!:D

loconnor 83

Great. It's true, it does make a lot of difference when you realise other people have exactly the same emotions and reactions. From the start I decided not to try and take myself away from others who are eating, because I wanted to prepare myself for the future when I returned to eating. I'm glad I did because it was only difficult for the first week or so. I laid myself a place at the table if we were at home and had my shake and water and a coffee which I could make last the whole meal. Similarly if we were out at friends,pubs or reaturants. At first I used to sometimes say things like I had already had a big meal that day or I was going out to eat later or had an upset tummy. I soon realised all that making up reasons wasn't necessary because most people are more concerned with what they are doing themselves. When it became obvious I was losing weight if anyone commented I just dealt with it at the time.Ususally they were the ones with the issue saying things like "I feel terrible eating in front of you". I would say" please don't, but if you do have a problem with it it's your's not mine!"
It has been quite interesting and disappointing to witness the reaction of a couple of my slimmer friends.
:jelous::jelous:
Just remember you are doing this for yourself ,not to please others.
Good luck with your WI.

Beautifully put SB.

Loconnor - there's no way you have actually 'put on' 2lb from one lapse. It takes an excess of 3,500 calories to gain a lb in weight, so unless your lapse was sigificant (would have to be 1,800-530+3500+3500= 8,270 KCal), then the worst you could have done is added a little Glycogen/Water and knocked your self out of ketosis for a couple fo days!.

As our LLC says, it's not the lapse that causes the damage it's what you do afterwards that matters, don't fall into the lapse, relapse, total collapse cycle.

Keep going all of you, it really does get easier

Back