Feb 09 Starters!

Thanks guys. The last couple of days have been better, but I have been extremely tired, which I was not expecting. I have made to it to my 4th day and I am very pleased, I know that it is just the very begining, but I look forward to sharing my journey with you all.

Hi guys, had my 3rd WI last night and lost another 4lbs so that's 16lbs in 3 weeks which I'm very pleased with. i put my funny turn down to being stressed at work and I've been OK since so fingers crossed I can still keep going and that my BP is alright. How'd the WI's go for everyone else?

Hi guys, had my 3rd WI last night and lost another 4lbs so that's 16lbs in 3 weeks which I'm very pleased with. i put my funny turn down to being stressed at work and I've been OK since so fingers crossed I can still keep going and that my BP is alright. How'd the WI's go for everyone else?

Well done, for losing your first stone :D, keep up the good work. I go for my first WI tomorrow so looking forward to how much I have lost.

Hi. Had my 3rd weigh in last night and lost 6.3lbs so I've lost 2 stone all but a few ounces.

Hi. Had my 3rd weigh in last night and lost 6.3lbs so I've lost 2 stone all but a few ounces.

well done that's amazing in such a short space of time! :happy096:

I bet you're really noticing the difference cuz people are noticing the difference in me and i've only lost 1 stone! Can't wait to have the 2nd one off!

Funny you should say about people noticing - although I've still got loads to lose I had 2 people make comments today at work which was pretty cool.

GREAT

Well done. It seems to be after about 2 stone that people start to realise/comment. Helps maintain the motivation doesn't it?
You will have to start wearing smaller clothes soon.
:)

Well done Feb starters, great progress already. Isn't it brilliant when people start to notice the weight coming off, only trouble is you get to expcect and and can get a little disappointed when someone doesn't!

Maybe that's just me lol (never thought I was vain, I'll be posting pictures on here next!!

well done pollyy, any loss at all is still weight going in the right direction as far as I'm concerned and 18lbs after 3 weeks is not slow at all in my opinion. I had expected my losses to be lower after the first week and I'll be happy with a steady loss of 2 - 3lbs.

Sean, I know what you mean about expecting the comments, I've actually had quite a lot which I'm surprised at seeing as I haven't lost that much. It is so nice when people pay you compliments, I thin kI could get used to it.

I did have a comment from a colleague today saying not to lose much more weight (I think she is trying to lose weight too but it is not coming off as quicly as mine)

Hi,

I have been lurking for a while - but never posted. Thought I ought to do so...

I am now midway through week ? I have had three WI other than my initial one.

Been really good - no lapses. Struggled with my water intake for the first couple of weeks (Lost 7lb, then 4lb). Purchased Sunrise Orange water flavouring and that has really boosted my water intake - I am having only little amounts in my water. I am now hitting between 3 and 4 litres of water ON TOP of the water used to mix shakes and soups.
The WI after I started using the water flavour - and getting lots of water into me I lost 1lb!!! :confused: I have no idea what happened there. I have been really careful - I follow plan, don't cheat, get all my water in = 1lb! (And no it wasn't TOTM)

I feel kind of cheated :( If I was wanting to lose 1-2lb per week I could go on WW, pay less $$ and get to eat food...

I don't really mean that! I'm just annoyed.

Anyway, that WI was on Monday and it is now Thursday night. I am still following the programme, still getting in my water (with flavouring) - although not quite so much. Currently averaging 2.5-3 litres on top of my soups etc...

Has anyone else had this sort of loss this early on in the scheme of things?

-Ally

polly said:
I only lost 2.5lbs at my 3rd WI....booooo!! But that is 18lbs so far. I really feel like I'm a bit 'stuck' at the moment and the weight is coming off v slowly but we shall see at my next WI!

That's the important bit :)
You've lost the same as me in my first 3 weeks, average of 6lbs a week is really really good!

But, some advice from someone who has had low losses for a long time now; don't get hung up on the idea that you will lose 6+ lbs each week, it just won't happen. Honestly, the best thing you can do is quickly get used to the idea of losing 2 to 3lbs a week. Then, any weeks you lose more than that, it's a real boost to you mentally, and if you lose slightly less it won't seem so bad :)

Honey123 said:
Has anyone else had this sort of loss this early on in the scheme of things? (re: 1lb loss)

Everyone is different, everyone's bodies react differently and everyone will lose different amounts each week - as I said to Polly above, it's
best not to get hung up on what you are losing each week - just know that you are losing, and will keep losing all the time so long as you stick with it :) that's the beauty of LL, it's impossible not to lose fat when doing it properly! :D

Hi guys I went for my first weigh in last night and I cannot believe it. I am a record breaker for my counsellors meet. I lost 17.5lbs, I am still in shock. I had to get her to check the data again to make sure she did not get it wrong. I realise I will not lose so much again, but it really has motivated me to stay strong.

Woo HOO, great loss Pancras - feels brilliant doesn't it?

Congratulations to you all, but as Pete says, losses will fluctuate so best to look at total to date rather than weekly losses.

Woo HOO, great loss Pancras - feels brilliant doesn't it?

Congratulations to you all, but as Pete says, losses will fluctuate so best to look at total to date rather than weekly losses.

It does feel good :D I am still floating. I will be looking at my weight loss month by month, but I still cannot believe that I have lost my first stone in the first week.

17.5lbs!?!!?! Holy Heck!!!!

Massive congrats on that one! :D

Thanks Pete I am still getting my head around it, especially as I am a woman and they are not use to seeing a woman lose so much in the first week.

Omg I assumed you were a bloke when I saw that loss!!!!! Huge congrats you're off to a flying start, puts my 12lbs to shame :p :D

Emma xXx

Omg I assumed you were a bloke when I saw that loss!!!!! Huge congrats you're off to a flying start, puts my 12lbs to shame :p :D

Emma xXx

Thanks my loss will never put any's one loss to shame, we are all losing and that is the important part.:)

Back