Feb 09 Starters!

mmmm, dunno what I did as my lapse wasn't that significant! When I told my LLC, she got me to hop on the scales and it showed that I was more than 2lbs heavier, either way I've been good ever since and I checked and I was back in ketosis yesterday so we'll see how I get on tomorrow.

as you say I prob just added to my glycogen stores again but because I lost 9lb in the 1st week, I felt like I'd really messed up! Don't feel like that anymore, just back from shopping and feel great. It's prob the 1st time in ages I haven't bought any clothes, I was quite happy to window shop and decide what things I will buy when I'm slim:D

Don't forget too, that if a lapse does occur, pretty much all of the weight that you gain from the lapse will be purely the weight of having actual food in your system, not to mention that if you eat carbohydrate-type foods that can make you retain more water as well, leading to another perceived gain in weight.

As Sean said, you simply can't gain 2lbs (or whatever amount) of fat just from a little lapse, and as long as you get back on LL straight away, it'll fall back off again in a few days once you have "emptied out" again :)

Good luck Polly

Sounds like you've got the right attitude already. You'll be fine. Let us know how you get on at WI.
:welcome2:

Hi Polly

Hi Pollyy,good luck with the WI tonight, I have my 2nd WI tonight too so we'll see how I get on.

None of my clothes are feeling loose at all yet, in fact they feel exactly the same but hey it's only a matter of time!

I don't mind people eating in front of me either and my close friends and family know that I'm abstaining and are quite supportive, I think my OH was just trying to be funny those few nights last week and his whole attitude felt like he was 'rubbing my nose in it'. It wouldn't bother me now, as after watching the rubbish that he has consumed I can see the weight that he has put on and I don't envy that part one bit!:D

well just back from my WI and I've lost another 3lb! so that's 12lb off in 2 weeks, i'm really chuffed especially after my little lapse! Looking forward to next week's WI already!

Fantastic both of you.

Well done. xxx

Just had my week 2 weigh in and I lost 7.7lbs so that makes 21lbs in total, so basically a stone and a half in 2 weeks. I'm really pleased with that, some guy in my session said I looked thinner in the face too. It's all good!!

well done on the losses guys!

And BB, from what I've seen in my group the face is usually the first place people notice a real change taking place, as it's the one part of you they tend to pay most attention to and is the one place that is "on display" all the time.

Nice to get compliments, isn't it?
Be prepared for a lot more very soon!! :)

It sure is nice to get compliments, especially after just after 2 weeks. Gives you motivation to carry on definitely. Makes sense that people see it in the face first when you think about it. My work jeans are getting really loose now so will have to dig out some smaller pairs real soon.

Great losses in a few weeks, well done to all of you.

The compliments will come, just give it a couple more weeks when your body shape starts to change then you'll get loads. Mot the reason for losing weight but a very pleasant side effect.

Hey all, I have to say that this diet is going to be a real sort of rollercoaster for me, last week I felt rubbish but the past few days I have felt fantastic! Hopefully this continues, I know that there will be times when I find this hard but the quick weight loss is defo the best motivation. I'm seeing some people at Easter who have not seen me since the summer and i'm looking forward to wowing them then with my fab figure. I tried on some jeans the other night that I have not worn since before I had my son and they fit(well sort of) I can now get them on and buttoned which is an achievement in itself! They are still a bit tight but they will fight in the next two weeks hopefully if my weight loss contines at a few pounds a week.
I'm glad I held on to my 'thinner' clothes now as I will very much enjoy wearing them again when I was just coming to the point where I thought I never would again.

Hi guys I will be going to my first meeting tomorrow. I cannot wait. I have loads of weight to lose , but I feel so sure that I can do it, I feel scared, if you know what I mean. I look forward to sharing my journey with you all. Speak soon.

Hello Big Boy !!

Love saying that !!
I like your avatar picture. Tiny baby,is it yours?How old was he/she whan that pic was taken? You look very proud.
I'm looking forward to more pictures as you progress on your LL journey.
Good news about the compliments.:)

Love saying that !!
I like your avatar picture. Tiny baby,is it yours?How old was he/she whan that pic was taken? You look very proud.
I'm looking forward to more pictures as you progress on your LL journey.
Good news about the compliments.:)

Haha, I bet you do!

Yeah he's mine, his name is Ethan and he has just turned 6 months, in that particular picture I think he was no more than 5/6 hours old, the time is going soooo quick.

Once I see a discernable difference I will post some more pictures, I deliberately wore a white t-shirt to have my first night photo taken so I could see me in all my glory, my plan is to wear the same top in a few months time so I can see the difference.

Thanks.

hi guys, I had a really funny turn today at work and had to go to the nurse, she told me thatmy blood pressure was seriously high and gave me a telling off, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hi everybody, I'm on my second day, the first day did not go as well as I wanted. I need to sort out the times of when I am going to eat and ensure that I drink enough water. I'm sure by the end of the first week I will have a good routine in place.

Hi. I basically spread it out as much as i can. I have a shake (or now the porridge) for breakfast, a bar and coffee for lunch, my soup at around 6.00pm for dinner and then a hot chocolate before bed. I found this is the best way to do it.

I agree

That's what worked best for me and if I felt I needed something in between I just had an extra coffee or more water. I also found the water flavourings and savoury drinks helped after a couple of weeks. Expensive, but YOU are worth it. It's an investment in your future.
Good luck.

Back