Feb starters thread

Hi i started the CD wednesday so i wanna join this threat too, thats if u will have me :p I have ALOT to lose and i am sorry but dont really want to tell you how much i weigh as i am very embarrassed i did the LL diet from Aug to Oct last year and lost 3stone but it just cost so much and i had to travel so far. So here i am on the CD diet loving it so much i was finding it hard the first few days but i seem to be getting better and feeling more positive I got a wii fit 2day and i am finding it so much fun, my whole body feels like i have done a good work out i hope my weigh in on wednesday is a good first weigh in xxxx

Don't worry about not telling us your weight, none of us want to make you feel uncomfortable or bad about anything. To be honest, I haven't told anyone my weight for many years now, even the few people that are very close to me, but here I am displaying it for all to see. You have nothing to be ashamed of, we are all in the same boat. When you are ready, let us know, we aren't here to judge anyone, just to help in anyway we can. Also, just to put this out there, sometimes admitting something you are not happy about is the best way to overcome it. Maybe sharing it might just give you that little extra incentive to push yourself a little harder and help make sure you don't fail. I know when you get to your goal and you will wonder why you didn't just tell everyone. But, as I said, you can tell us whenever you like, there is no pressure at all. Anyway, you have done so well already. Losing 3 stone is an excellent achievement, so hopefully you can help the rest of us.

Hi everyone!
I'm starting on Tuesday and am sooooo excited! Done CD once before but had to stop early on account of starting University and living in catered halls etc but am ready to try again properly and hopefully get to goal (although I'm not sure what goal will be...!) Any ideas? I'm 5"8, does anyone know what a good starting goal would be?
Anyway, good luck all of you on your way already. Any headaches?

Hanky x

Hi everyone!
I'm starting on Tuesday and am sooooo excited! Done CD once before but had to stop early on account of starting University and living in catered halls etc but am ready to try again properly and hopefully get to goal (although I'm not sure what goal will be...!) Any ideas? I'm 5"8, does anyone know what a good starting goal would be?
Anyway, good luck all of you on your way already. Any headaches?

Hanky x

Hi Hanky,

I'm sure you'll get there this time. CD must have been pretty good for you to come back to it, so that's a great sign.

In my non-professional opinion the corect weight for your height can depend on a number of things. When I look at some charts of the so called "correct" weight range for my height, it is actually too low. On others, my goal weight is just about the upper limit for my height. I remember being 147lbs when I was 18 and I looked underweight, so luckily I know how much is too far.

Hopefully you might get some advice from others to give you an idea of what to aim for.

Holy smokes it's busy in here!... thats what I like to see

Hanky- your the same height as me im currently 16 stones somethin.. (i'll tell you better after i get weighed later in the week) and am a clothes size 16-18. I think it depends on the person what weight is 'healthy' since we are all different shapes. Especially for girls who have boobs etc, mine are sure to account for a good stone! lol
Just stick to CD and stop when you feel happy about yourself, Goodluck!

Thanks for the welcome guys (and the rep points!), am meeting my CDC tomorrow so will post my weight and hopefully have worked out a goal by then. Am around a size 16-18 at the moment too miss mallow but hopefully won't be for long!!
Will check in with you all tomorrow xx

hey guy is there space for me too, really need all the support in the world and would love to support others on the same journey...

always room here stoshy! the more the merrier :)

hey guy is there space for me too, really need all the support in the world and would love to support others on the same journey...

Hi Stoshy,

Plenty of space, make yourself at home. Feel free to post whenever you like. Good luck with the restart, you can do it.

I've just noticed that my avatar has somehow grown a double chin from when it was blown up and uploaded to MiniMins. It looks more like me than ever!! :D

Not for long buddy! lol... watch this space.
Do you think it's possible for us to set up a new team or do we have to join an existing one?

I asked about setting up a new one, but no one has said yes or no. I'm torn between 2 of the current Teams, but I also don't want to leave you alone.

I wish I could split myself into 3 parts, but if I could do that I wouldn't have to do Cambridge, as I could just get rid of a 3rd of me. :D

wouldn't it be great if we could just dispose of a third of ourselves? lol
Don't worry about leaving me alone, if we're not allowed to set up a new team then we'll have to join an xisting one, simple as..but maybe we should wait to see if we get a definitive yes or no?
Mat quick question also.... you see in ss?.. well are you allowed to just have 3 shakes/ soups per day indefinitely or just for a certain period of time. Meaning after 4 weeks do you have to eat something?
just curious :)

I asked about that on my other thread, as there is conflicting information on the Cambridge website. Unfortunately no one answered me, so I am not sure yet.

hmmm bugger. Think my CDC is getting in contact with me this week sometime so i'll have lots of questions for her lol
I hope its just ss all the way, I think if i have a break after the first 4 weeks it would be hard to get into the swing of things again.

I totally agree, which is why I hope it's the 12 weeks on SS and then the 810kcal per day for a week, then back on to SS.

I've asked Irene about starting a new Team, so we'll see. :)

Wow, this thread has come alive since I last posted!

Mat - I added all the details in my sidebar info, I normally work in kg, so I had to do all conversions on the net , so confusing!

So nice to see there are so many people that can support each other on here!

I think, after checking on a conversion calculator, I want to lose 3 stone to get back to my prior to coming to London weight (they call it the Heathrow Injection)! Makes you pile on the pounds :D

I would really love to be a part of a team! That would be even more motivation to stay on track.

Re- SS and how long you can stay on it. My CDC said that I can do four weeks, then a week of SS+ and can then go back on SS.....dont think you can do SS for whole 12 week duration without a break.

Starting it all today, I'm a little scared and hoping I can stick to this. Have my water next to me! Ready to try to drink that 3 litres - gee its a lot!

Nice to see some people have started, warning now, may need to bombard with questions as I am beginning :)

Anyways, good luck everyone, xox

You stay away from those ciggies, you don't need them. I stopped smoking 10 years ago this month, so I'll be here to try make sure you don't start again. :copon:

Thanks Mat:p

Well, started this morning with a peppermint tea (not so nice when it starts to cool down) and just had a porridge. I haven't decided whether it was nice or not, i put a sweetener in, it was okay. It didn't make me throw up so it can't of been that bad.:jelous:

Just to let you guys know, we've got the go ahead to set up a new team.
number 23 . Each team has 6 members.
so far we have:

team 23:
MAT
MISS_MALLOW

we'll take the next 4 names first come first served :). For anyone left out there are available team spaces in the advertising agency that need filled up.
Good luck everyone xx

Back