Feb starters thread

hello
i started yesterday on ss so i'd like to join in here if thats alright.
got my weigh in next tuesday after 5 days.

I have 3 main goals over the next 13 months...
egypt in april
greece in august
nurse training in march 2010.
need to set some mini goals too

xx

Sure, make yourself at home. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. Well done with starting on CD, I started yesterday too. You do have a busy schedule. I'm sure you will do great, so keep us up to date with your progress and feel free to use the thread any time you like. :)

Update

Just started got weight today by my CD councellor and that is the weight I shall got by but I love my scales they weight me at 11lb less just imagine when I reach 10st on CD my scales will be saying 9st something wow.
Good luck everyone on the diet I will keep you informed and update with pics.
xxxx

I weigh heavier on my cdcs, but my sclaes are really good and never go up and down ( unless i pig out lol ) and seen as i will be going by my scales when i start maintaince, i'm going to go by my scales for my ticker.

Just started got weight today by my CD councellor and that is the weight I shall got by but I love my scales they weight me at 11lb less just imagine when I reach 10st on CD my scales will be saying 9st something wow.
Good luck everyone on the diet I will keep you informed and update with pics.
xxxx

It's great news that you have now started, well done. :)

I know your scales are being really nice to you and I really don't want to seem like a party pooper, but you should replace them with some accurate ones.

Good luck to you too and updates will be excellent. :D

Ty for the advice matt but like Kirsty my ones only move up and down according to the weight I lose or gain and to be honest I have got this 1 pair of jeans I bought when I was 18 lol (40) now. I wore those jeans till I fell pregnant 19 years ago I was around 10ish st never worried about my weight then and they are what I am going to go by regardless of what the scales say. When I fit into them comfortably then I will decide if I want to lose anymore pounds. It's just if anyone else asks how much I weight I will go by my scales lol.
xxx

I weigh heavier on my cdcs, but my sclaes are really good and never go up and down ( unless i pig out lol ) and seen as i will be going by my scales when i start maintaince, i'm going to go by my scales for my ticker.

I bought myself a Body Composition Monitor last summer, but never actually made use of them until now. As well as weight, they tell me Total Body Water %, Body Fat %, Visceral Fat, Muscle mass, Bone Mass, BMR, Metabolism Age and a Physique Rating. For Body Fat and Muscle Mass I can view separate results for each arm, each leg and my trunk. No elephant jokes please!! :p

I weighed myself the night before visiting my CDC. My weight was the same when she weighed me, but I would imagine there could still be a difference of 1-2lb. I will be going by my scales, as I will not be visiting my CDC weekly. I am currently visiting her on the 2nd and 4th week and then it will probably be every 4 weeks after that. Also, having spent £180 on my overly elaborate scales, they had better bloomin well be accurate!! :)

Ty for the advice matt but like Kirsty my ones only move up and down according to the weight I lose or gain and to be honest I have got this 1 pair of jeans I bought when I was 18 lol (40) now. I wore those jeans till I fell pregnant 19 years ago I was around 10ish st never worried about my weight then and they are what I am going to go by regardless of what the scales say. When I fit into them comfortably then I will decide if I want to lose anymore pounds. It's just if anyone else asks how much I weight I will go by my scales lol.
xxx

Lol, great plan. It's funny you should say that about your jeans. I have a pair of trousers that I have kept since I was 18. My goal should mean I will get into those trousers, or at least get very close to being able to do them up. They are a 32" waist, so I have quite a way to go yet. :(

Sole Source + 3 weeks in

I started the CD three weeks ago and lost 14lbs in that time, I can't believe it, its the fastest weightloss I've ever had and really helps motivate you.:D

I wondered if anyone else knows if you can eat mushrooms on the SS+? They are whiteish and mostly water, wanted to add a few different flavours as I'm getting sick of spinach and cauliflower.:eek:

I bought myself a Body Composition Monitor last summer, but never actually made use of them until now. As well as weight, they tell me Total Body Water %, Body Fat %, Visceral Fat, Muscle mass, Bone Mass, BMR, Metabolism Age and a Physique Rating. For Body Fat and Muscle Mass I can view separate results for each arm, each leg and my trunk. No elephant jokes please!! :p

I weighed myself the night before visiting my CDC. My weight was the same when she weighed me, but I would imagine there could still be a difference of 1-2lb. I will be going by my scales, as I will not be visiting my CDC weekly. I am currently visiting her on the 2nd and 4th week and then it will probably be every 4 weeks after that. Also, having spent £180 on my overly elaborate scales, they had better bloomin well be accurate!! :)

Oh my, Mat, you seem to have the scales from Heaven! :eek:
Honestly, it does all this? I love my scales, although I am only looking at my fat %.

what does everyone think of the soups?
i've had the porridge both mornings and they were actually quite nice, which surprised me. i've had a toffee walnut shake yesterday lunch - nice. for tea i had broccolli and cheese soup which was the most disgusting thing, it didnt taste of either. anyway, its kinda making me think that the soups are gonna be gross, even though ive only tried 1. I hope the leek and potato is better, i've got loads of those. i can't help but think it might taste of the same aniseedy weird nothing the other one tasted of.

After this week i will be seeing my cdc every 2 weeks and know i won't be able to hold off updating my ticker for 2 weeks lol.

I like the mushroom, and chicken and mushroom - haven't tried the vegetable yet. But yeah the broccoli and cheese tastes like your eating bad breath!!!!

Oh my, Mat, you seem to have the scales from Heaven! :eek:
Honestly, it does all this? I love my scales, although I am only looking at my fat %.

I bought them during my last health fad. For CD, the Fat % and Water % is helpful. Also, when I get to my goal weight I am then planning on building some muscle, so the Fat % and Muscle % will be very helpful for that.

Lol agreed the broccolli and cheese is bad but I love the chilli, vegetable and the leak and potato is very nice tried the porridge today the apple and cinnamon one I don't normally eat cereals of any kind specially poridge but got it as it is cold outside and a different think to actually eat rather then drink and mmmm I loved it will be getting more next week.
xxxx

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I posted on another thread but this ones seems a lot busier..lol I'm currently on day 4 of 810 and have been 100% good :) The second day was bad but I got through it and today I've had two shakes and stuffed!!!! I don't seem to have a very helpful cdc she's very strict and said she will only be giving me the shakes and nothing else:( I can't have spices or anything so I'm going to see how I get on with her and if it's not hapening I'll swap to someone else??? Can I do that ??? I told her I had a wedding in May and what was the drink situation and she said this was a life changing diet and way of thinking and I need to decide whats important...so no more drink for me....wtf!!!! She mad it sound like cd was punishment!!!

Anyway I'm a new mum (SAHM too which makes it very hard not to snack) and I'd like to lose the 4 stones I've put on since having my little'n. I haven't weighed myself yet - but my stomach feels tighter :) and clothes feel different.

So just wanted to say hi. Sorry for the rant I just wanted to know if anyone else isn't getting a good vibe from their cdc and are they all that strict.

Good luck everyone - looking forward to getting to know you all

xxxx

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard it tastes quite nice. I love rusks, so I don't mind. I think might have some porridge tomorrow morning. :D

LOL Mat, I cant stand the taste of rusks, and I seriously struggled to eat the porridge this morning it was dreadful, but my counsellor has offered to swap my porridges for something else, I have however just had a strawberry shake and loooved it! yummy!

Only the shakes?????? you should be able to have shakes, soups and tetras from the start! She dosn't sound supportive at all. Personally, I would switch to someone else. Having alcohol is a big no no when you are in Ketosis, but a supportive CDC can help you decide what to do about the wedding when you're nearer the time.

Only the shakes?????? you should be able to have shakes, soups and tetras from the start! She dosn't sound supportive at all. Personally, I would switch to someone else. Having alcohol is a big no no when you are in Ketosis, but a supportive CDC can help you decide what to do about the wedding when you're nearer the time.

Yes that's what I thought. She said she won't be giving me the soups and definitely not the bars. It's support and encouragement I need not a prison officer lol. That's why I asked her about the wedding but she was saying I need to start looking at another alternative to drink now as this is it for life.

I'll wait and see how she pans out but can't see myself just living off shakes :(]

But I'm very up for the cd challenge :)

I certainly couldn't cope with just the shakes as I can't stand them. At the end of the day you are her customer .... and it's your choice but it's going to be a lot harder for you with a CDC with that attitude.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck :) And you are always welcome on here for moral support.

Hi mum2one. Well done on starting CD. It does sound like your CDC isn't that good. I would get more information from this forum, so that you understand more about how the diet works and what is and isn't allowed. I'd then speak to your CDC about things or look for another CDC in the area.

You would be better off discussing CD Step 2 and food on the "Cambridge Diet Forum" as it's not really allowed in this section.

Back