Feb starters thread

Hi Ivana

I also found the soups a bit disappointing, given that I normally eat soup when not dieting - the tomato one was so yukky I couldn't finish it :( The leek and potato one is really nice though thankfully, and I tried the chicken and mushroom today which was also quite tasty :)

This first week has been a bit trial and error with the flavours - I've written myself a shopping list to take with my tomorrow so I get exactly what I want!! I have my first weigh in tomorrow and as it's TOTM I'm worried I won't have lost much, even though I have been good as gold and really battled to stick to it over the weekend.

Good luck with the soups!
xxxx

I'm finding the soups alright so far, really watery but taste seems alright so far, I have one soup a day as part of my cd meals. Only disappoitment so far was the cappucino shake; and my fav so far is the vanilla one :) I can't wait for the bars to have something to chew!
Good luck princess_peach :)

day 2

well, day one is over and here we go to day 2. Didn't get much sleep last night - drove the old man mad getting up to the loo!!!!

one shake and not enough water gone down yet.

My head is banging and am freezing, but as little one is at school and i'm on holiday i'm going back to bed(electric blanket is just warming up).

must drink more water! does anyone else feel rough and when does it stop?

Hi to all Im Matt, I started cd yesterday and im loving reading about how much people are losing i weighed in at 18s 10lb and in 24 hours im now weighing 18s 5lb, i think the key to it is making sure you drink plenty of water, i do this by having a pint when i get up and a black coffee then about 10.30 a shake and another pint of water my goal weight is 13s 7lb so i got 4s 12lb to go.

Hello Everyone!

Day 2 also for me, was in a really crap mood when I woke up first thinking of the huge task ahead of me (to lose six stone!) but I managed to pull myself together, hop outa bed and just get on with the day. Yesterday was ok, very cold last night so went to bed early. One shake down, prob not enough water like yourself Shellybelly but Im going to make a big effort to drink loads today.
Have a good day everyone

Great to see a lot of new people on the thread. A big welcome to you all.

I would usually wish you good luck, but I've realised it's nothing to do with luck at all. It's all about commitment, positive thinking and resisting temptation.

I'm on day 5 now (already) and I'm feeling great today. My water intake is improving and I think I can feel the benefits from it. My scales are telling me I am doing well too. :)

Hi Matt
I'm on day 5 today too, so far it's been quite a tough one - boo! I was doing ok but today it just seems like even walking up the stairs is a massive effort. :(
I guess it's because I've used up my stores of Carbs and now I'm fat burning which I suppose is not such an efficient use of engergy? Hark at me sounding like I know what I'm talking about he he!! Anyway hope your getting on better than me and can I just ask does anyone else find the Cuppucino shake totally gross??!
I'm sending lots of positive thoughts to you all - we CAN and WILL do this! Keep on keeping on!
xx :)

Hi Ivana B. Thin :)

I'm feeling wonderful today. I didn't feel like I wanted to do much yesterday. Not sure why but I just couldn't motivate myself.

I'm not really a big coffee drinker, but I actually quite like the cappucino shakes. Maybe because I prefer cold drinks to hot ones. Have you tried it warm and maybe with some coffee added? Or use a spoon or two from the sachet in coffee throughout the day.

Good thinking, I'll try it as I got loads of r*ddy flavour!! he
Right I'm going to get some fresh air and make sure I don't eat anything! Have a great day!
x

Hi all,
day 6 for me and so far so good!
getting weighed tonight so fingers crossed.
now ive got into it its not too bad although not looking forward to a second weekend without my starbucks hot choc! and not looking forward to avoiding the valentines chocs! lol!
how's everyone doing?
xxx

Hey everyone! Thought Id say hi. I decided after eating "healthily" and low calories just wasnt working for me - to join Cambridge! I saw my lovely councellor yday and have started the diet today! Not looking forward to the carb withdrawals the next few days though!

Anyways im 23, 5"2 and am 11 stone 10lbs.

Fingers crossed!

hi everyone, im on day two and coping well, hope its opk for me to join in as ive done CD before and know its the way im going to lose all this nasty blabbling fat!!!

Good luck all

Hi,
I started CD yesterday.
I've got a headache (sugar withdrawal!)
rumbles in my stomach and I am being told off for drinking all the water from the water machine at work!!
But I am on track, motivated and determined to shift approx 10st.... god that sounds terrible when you put into a number!
Good luck to all us Feb starters x
Jackie

Welcome all new starters, i've just gone into week 2 and was weighed today. Lost 13lbs by my cdcs scales and 11.5 by mine. So happy bunny today x

Good luck to the new starters :D
I'm on day 4 - my second day in ketosis and even though I'm not having hunger pains anymore I'm currently fighting with my cravings/bad habits. I've stuck to it 100% and there's no way I'm going back now!
About the cappucino shakes, it's also my least favorite now, luckily I only have one of those sachet left to get through. I'll give it a try mixed with coffee like you've suggested Mat :)

Hi everyone lovely to see so many people on this thread. Im on day 3 and Ive escaped the bad head etc - dunno how Ive managed that one I suffered really badly the first time I did it.

I need to get more water down me today tho only had 1 litre so far cos Ive been dead busy at work so glugging all night me thinks!

For the ones who hate the soups and say they are too watery how about making a poppadum. Im having one for tea and then you dont feel like you are missing out on the chewing bit. (The recipe is on a sticky on either the Cambridge diet forum or VCLD forum - not sure which) Make sure you use baking paper tho not greaseproof as it will stick to the greasproof and you cant eat it and will be a waste of a shake and deprive you of yr meal - take it form someone who learnty the hard way last time!

Keep up the good work everyone. I got on my scales this morning again and Ive lost 3.5lbs in 48hrs Im so chuffed and its keeping me going!
lol

Hi Jesica Rabbit
Thanks for letting me know about the recipies - i didn't know you could do so much with the sachets! I thought I was going a bit out there by adding a teaspoon of coffee to my shakes ha ha!

Hope everyone is still feeling motivated and good. Today has been hard for me. Don't know why really - guess I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and find my trousers are already baggy ha ha! I know I'm hoping for too much too soon and I need to get a grip. Guess I'm just hoping for a big loss on Thursday as I'm starting to feel like a diet martyr!!!

Good Evening!
I'm Anne-Marie, and am starting Cambridge on Saturday, so can I join your thread?
I'm hoping to shift approx 4 stone. My little boy is being Christened on 8th March and I bought a dress at the weekend and I look awful in it, so hoping to shift a bit of weight by then and see how I am looking!
I'm really excited about starting this journey, though anxious!! xxx

First weigh in

Well a week of denial and rumbling tummy has been worth it - lost 6lbs on my first week :) So pleased!! When I was on WW I would have celebrated with a glass of wine but instead have come home and had my remaining shake for the day instead. If you're in your first week, stick with it - this feeling is so worth it :D

Welcome along Anne Marie - sure you'll do great with the christening as motivation, believe you can do it and anything's possible :)

Can I come say hi? ^_^

I Saw my CDC yesterday (Mon) and started today...so far so good!

Feeling kinda hungry now though, but I'm just gonna plod through my water :) The tetras are more powdery than I remember...and the spicy tomato soup is lush but I'd add a lil less water personally :p

Anyway... I'm 19, 257lbs and my 1st big goal is 200lbs :) Yay!!

How's everyone doing so far?

Back