Feb starters thread

Yeah I think thats reasonable for the convenience of it. Good job I like banana + choc flavours! - It will only be 5 of the tetra's as I can prepare the others when home.

Thanks so much for your help

Thanks Mat

You're a real support on this thread and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying thankyou for all your helpful comments and suggestions you have given not just to me but to everyone. :talk017:

We can all be the people that we want to be and we just have to realise that it is within our power to change.

I hope your weigh in went well. Maybe you are just losing it slower because you don't have as much to lose as a lot of others.

It did indeed! Well, according to my CDC scales Ive lost 7lbs. But I much prefer the accuracy of my own digital scales at home. I weigh in evening morning at the same time so I feel this gives a better result! Accord to them ive lost 10lbs in week 1! Well... 9.7 to be exact - but who's counting! Hehe!!

So super happy and great motivation to go into week 2!!
:happy036::bliss::scale::talk017:

well done crazylilblondie ... 7lbs is great ... i'm hopeing to loose 7lbs ... i am also going to go by my scales at home ... or even my wii fit scales ... they might be the most accurate!!!

well done crazylilblondie ... 7lbs is great ... i'm hopeing to loose 7lbs ... i am also going to go by my scales at home ... or even my wii fit scales ... they might be the most accurate!!!

Yeah my wii fit scales too are 4lbs lighter than my CDC.. perhaps they make us heavier than we are so we buy more products?? I kid I kid!! hehe!!

Thanks Mat

You're a real support on this thread and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying thankyou for all your helpful comments and suggestions you have given not just to me but to everyone. :talk017:

We can all be the people that we want to be and we just have to realise that it is within our power to change.

Thanks, that means a lot to me. I do try my best. I honestly wish I had more time to spend on here, because I really do enjoy it. I would clone myself so that I can do more, but then CD would cost twice as much!! :D

It did indeed! Well, according to my CDC scales Ive lost 7lbs. But I much prefer the accuracy of my own digital scales at home. I weigh in evening morning at the same time so I feel this gives a better result! Accord to them ive lost 10lbs in week 1! Well... 9.7 to be exact - but who's counting! Hehe!!

So super happy and great motivation to go into week 2!!
:happy036::bliss::scale::talk017:

That's excellent, well done you!! :happy096:

All that worrying and getting grumpy for nothing. :)

Well done Crazylilblonde! It is really motivating to hear about everyone's early success, keep it coming!
Day 2 and I am feeling fab! Honestly! I haven't had this level of focus and concentration for ages. Also, I tend to get lots of headaches normally, but am feeling very clear-headed today. I woke up with a zing and have been full of energy ever since. It may all be psychological, but I do feel light on my feet, and full of beans.
The porridge was a lot nicer today (tried the plain), but my CDC said I can pop in tomorrow to swap anything I don't like, which is great.
At lunch, had a vanilla shake with a double espresso in it and it was really tasty! I also had a hot vanilla last night before bed as a horlicks-replacement, and that was yum too.
So far so good! Kirstyjewcy- I shared your initial horror at the Brocolli soup, and am trying another tonight. Have you tried any others yet?

I tried the original porridge this morning and it was scrumdiddlyumptious!! I might even have it every day from now on. I'll have to master the amount of water and the cooking time, as I don't think I quite got it right, but it was still very nice none the less. :D

Yep, there's definitely a knack to it, especially if like me you don't have a microwave. Today I put in about twice the amount of water stated on the pack, at someone's recommendation, but it was a bit too runny. Somewhere in between seems about right. Nice to eat with a spoon for a change though!

I tried the original porridge this morning and it was scrumdiddlyumptious!! I might even have it every day from now on. I'll have to master the amount of water and the cooking time, as I don't think I quite got it right, but it was still very nice none the less. :D

Lol...its taken me 5 attempts to turn it into baby bear porridge (just right)

It is clear that my nigella-ness does not extend to foodpacks!

xxx

Hi 1974Rach,
Would you maybe share you baby bear porridge formula? I've one too strong tasting and thick, and one too runny- how do I get it just right?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] I've battled with my weight for a couple of years and put on two stone last year due to forms of contraception – the implant in particular! :-( Not good. [/FONT]
quote]

I'm getting the implant put in on friday. I had it 3 years ago, didn't put on weight but got bad acne. I'm going to cancel it now and stick to the pill as i've only just started CD and don't want that to get in my way.

Thanks for mentioning it.

I'm also on my 2nd day and so far so good. I'm squeezing into 12s but want to be a 10. Hang on in there and hopefully you will see results quickly. I'm excited to see my reflection in a months time ... why can't i time travel like DR WHO????

Sounds like everyones doing well...

Starting tomorrow and im still worried i wont stick to it. Ive realised im a big comfort eater, my car was stolen lastnight so had to deal with that all day today and I have just eaten, eaten and eaten!! - I was meant to have a good few days before I start but it just hasnt happend!

* Mrs Lampard - I love your comment about being the 'fat friend', I cant wait to be with a group of girlies and think that Im not the fat one! - Its so exciting to think what we'll be like in a few months.

Its not good going on holiday every year with my size 6-8 friend but atleast this year I wont be double her size, maybe not as small as her but we wont look like little + large on the beach!!

This thread is really motivating, bring on my first shake tomorrow =/

Sorry to hear about your car being stolen bubblegomme. I have been an emotional eater in the past. In all honesty I wasn't sure how I'd do with sticking to the diet, but here I am on day 12 and I feel it's been very easy indeed. I know it's still early day yet (in a way) but I'm confident I can stick to it and I bet you can too. :)

Hey everyone, Im new here, found the site when looking into the diet and am now in my third week, started 2nd Feb. I admit first few days is hard, the hunger and zero energy, I HATED the water, lived on cola most my life haha, so drinking water was difficult and makes me sick, even in week 3 now Im finding it hard, have just under 4 pints a day, cant manage more. Hunger goes after first few days but this past two days felt a bit poorly and in need of food, still SS-ing so considering moving into SS+ next week to normalise it somewhat, Lost 7lbs first week and 5lbs 2nd week, get weighed for week 3 this friday....am hoping for 14lbs hahahaha, but still, its a long way to go and you have to do it right.

That 14stone in a day Peter Kay joke springs to mind though :p , So inspiring hearing all you guys chatting about the diet, my starting its been a long time coming, was always a slim size 8-10 and past few years ballooned from PCOS and was so depressed,I admire larger ladies with confidence unfortunately I had none, my personality is life and soul of the party but not in looks and I realised I dont want this anymore so kicked my own backside into gear and thought CD is a kick start to a new beginning, I have hormonal problems with makes it difficult to lose weight by most methods and though CD seemed extreme I was prepared to try it.

So far Im TRYING to stay motivated, so far so good, never dieted before though so little difficult. But what I DID realise is my eating habits were stupid, Id eat cereal at breakfast, then drink glass of cola then wait 12hrs and have a ready made meal, not that bad calorie wise but from having PCOS my weight ballooned despite my diet being the same when I was slim, finally diagnosed as to why and now doing this made me realise even then I was not healthy, the three meals a day was good. Id already destroyed my system as a child with eating problems and anorexia and was now at other extreme.

So now what I learnt is I sometimes ate out of boredom and when emotional, I didnt eat enough (ironically haha) I didnt eat properly at right times and my biggest issue was my faddy eating, Id find things I liked and stick to them, day in day out, was fussy as hell on trying new things, so was stuck in silly routines. But now doing this the cravings are absurd haha, I see stupid foods on tv or on supermarkets id never dream of eating and find myself thinking "oh I could just eat egg and soldiers" when in my routine it would never enter my head, so one thing I can say CD has done so far in just 3weeks as opened my eyes to my eating habits, breaking them, and opening my mind to healthier eating once im off it, trying new things and not sticking in silly fad routines once more.

So thats my CD experience so far, I see many of you started at same time but not many explain their realisations. It might be a hard to stay motivated diet but it certainly fixes the outlook on foods, thats for sure. Hope to keep it up and hope you guys do with yours too. All a learning experience haha.

As for the foods, Well Im fussy there (no change yet haha), only like Choc/Strawberry Shakes, Porridge is ok (its kind of like semolina), and tried 3bars this week, they are ok, makes a change to chew something rather than all liquids, tried the orange water flavouring also (awful....tasted like andrews powder) was gutted about that as was hoping itd be nice as am finding the water Hugely difficult. But still, taking it week by week so I can push myself until end of week at least and hopefully will continue.

So Hi everyone. Nice to meet you all.

Hey everyone just posted my intro in the feb forum Mission slimpossible. Good to read all your messages at least I cant whinge so much now about the diet now knowing all of you are going through it too haha.

I cant wait to be with a group of girlies and think that Im not the fat one!

Oh Im totally with you on that one! My best mate is size 8 and about 5"9 with gorgeous clear skins and Angelina Jolie lips. Stood next to her Im always the fat dumpy sidekick whilst everyone chats to her. I may not get the height or the lips but at least I will get thin!

Hi 1974Rach,
Would you maybe share you baby bear porridge formula? I've one too strong tasting and thick, and one too runny- how do I get it just right?

with pleasure!

I use boiling water 140 ml, and mix half of it into my porridge (with a fork) until it starts to look porridge-y, then I mix in the rest of the water. (btw i mix it up in an oval flat dish)

Stick in the microwave for 30 seconds on full, stir, back in the microwave for another 30 seconds, another good stir, leave for 30 seconds and tuck in!

works a treat for me.

xxx

Back