Feb starters thread

with pleasure!

I use boiling water 140 ml, and mix half of it into my porridge (with a fork) until it starts to look porridge-y, then I mix in the rest of the water. (btw i mix it up in an oval flat dish)

Stick in the microwave for 30 seconds on full, stir, back in the microwave for another 30 seconds, another good stir, leave for 30 seconds and tuck in!

works a treat for me.

xxx

Mmmm! I had a total porridge disaster today. Tried to make it with more water n the hope it would fill me up a bit more - instead i got liquidised porridge with no lumpy bits! :(

Mmmm! I had a total porridge disaster today. Tried to make it with more water n the hope it would fill me up a bit more - instead i got liquidised porridge with no lumpy bits! :(

lol...sounds yummy:rolleyes:. I hate it when I have a culinary disaster with a pack...my banana shake was lumpy yesterday - put me in a right grump!

xxx

I did that with my tomato soup...

me being the curious kinda person i am, wondered why you had to make the tomato into a paste - so i tried it with just hot water..

DONT DO IT!!!

It was like trying to drink runny sand! All grainy and ucky :p serves me right really :p

Hello All!

hope you dont mind me jumping in!
I started SS last week and am currently on day 6.
So far so good... I feel fab! I'm soooo determined to do this and cant wait for my weigh in next week (am weighing fortnightly)

Thought I would pop by and introduce myself.

Dana x

It did indeed! Well, according to my CDC scales Ive lost 7lbs. But I much prefer the accuracy of my own digital scales at home. I weigh in evening morning at the same time so I feel this gives a better result! Accord to them ive lost 10lbs in week 1! Well... 9.7 to be exact - but who's counting! Hehe!!

So super happy and great motivation to go into week 2!!
:happy036::bliss::scale::talk017:

Thats amazing well done xxx

Hello. I have decided to join this forum as, although i have already done the diet before I wasn't on it for a significant amount of time (a few weeks) and I am now back on it. This is my second time starting in Feb. I was put on antibiotics and had to eat so started again today. I want to lose about 3 and a half stone before the summer and then tone up over the summer in time for me going travelling later this year.

I am sick of being on a diet and at 21 years old i just want to get the extra weight off as quickly as possible and forget that I was ever over weight.

I am currently wearing a size 16 bottoms and about a size 14 on top. I have seen a lovely dress and I would love to get it in a size 12.

Starting again is very hard after eating normally again. I get weighed on Monday and I want to be well in to ketosis by then. I really need support and coming on here and seeing how well everybody is doing. My brain seems to have a huge problem with being able to contemplate that I will be able to eat again and that this is only temporary and I dont need to eat that biscuit right now.

Glad I have come across this forum

Hi guys,

I started today, went to see my CDC last night and she was lovely. So far I have had a strawberry and a choc orange shake and they were actually quite nice! Finding it very strange to not be hungry without actually eating anything but I guess that is how my head thinks and the reason I need to do this in th first place!! I am so determined to do this, I have never been this determined about a diet before. I am so looking forward to shopping for that size 12 wedding dress!! Hope everyone is doing ok x

Hi, I've started it on Sunday so today is my fourth day.
Found yesterday the hardest of all, very headachy and tired but today feel miles better!
Been naughty and checked my weight at home and lost an amazing 6lbs in 3 days!
Hopeful it will work but have to say not finding it the most pleasant of all diets...
Although no pain no gain i suppose!

Hi all,
Just thought I'd drop in that I nipped in to see my CDC today to swap some packs, and couldn't resist a jump on the scales. After 2 and a half days, I'm 3 pounds down- all very motivating!
Although I'm still dealing with a rumbly tummy, I feel fab and am loving it so far.
Can't wait to see where I could be after a full week! Keep going everyone.

Day 3 alls going well!!

I'm on day 3 and feeling really well! Woohoo :greenapple:
I felt a bit lightheaded and shaky this morning, but had my shake and drank some water and it passed in no time!

I was panicking a bit after my first day as i didnt like the porridge, and i made the choc mint shake hot...didnt like that either, and also had the chicken and mushroom soup...guess what didnt like that either!

But today i had the choc and the strawberry shake and the banana tetra! Yum!! So relieved, as i was wondering how long my motivation would last if i didnt like them!

Well done everyone! As soon as i have a wobble, i come on here and read through the posts and its so nice to hear everyones stories of how they are getting on! Very motivating!

I still havent worked out how to get my ticker on here and i want to set up a goals thing as well!

Hi fellow day-3-ers, Jesslima and Mrs L- let's keep saying to ourselves that they say these are the worst days, and if we're all feeling tops, then it can only get easier (oh no, I've jinxed it!)
My little luxury so far is a cup of bouillon (which I'm assured is just the same as the CD Golden veg)- if you'd ask me last weekend, while I was necking pricey oysters and downing the bubbly that vegetable stock would satisfy me as a treat, I would have hooted!
Nice to think that you girls are at the same stage and doing well, and all the more experienced members are such a mine of information and inspiration.

ps- just to clarify, I am not some moneyed lush who exists on oysters and bubbly- it was valentine's day!

If you don't mind my asking, Mrs L, how are you managing to keep it a secret from your boyf? I totally understand- my boyf is the only person I am telling, or at least that's my plan for now. If I find that I have to share, then so be it. You're quite right- the added pressure of having to explain it to people is just not welcome yet.

Tee hee- well in that case, since this is your only outlet about it, make sure you log on as much as poss!

Back