February 2016

Aww I'm sorry to hear, *Hugs* Hows your water intake? Plenty of Speed food? are you due your star week? might help talking to your leader about the sos log? might bring up a few answers. maybe pull out a food planner of when you lost and just repeat, meal for meal, snack for snack and syns too?

She offered an SAS log but i declined... i honestly don't think I'm doing anything wrong so i kind of object to it! I feel like I've tonnes more water, tonnes more speed foods and tried so much more (and its not my TOTM either!) but I'm over it now and aiming for a decent loss this week!

I have written my plan for the week and am heading to Sainsburys tonight to pick up the bits I need!

Got weighed today and lost 4.5lbs and got slimmer of the week! :winner:
only got 2lbs till my 1 stone 1/2 award and only 1.5lbs to complete this challenge.

So I wouldn't change the value sarah for the table, ill keep it at 6lbs and I'll see how much I go past it Rather complete it then been short, if I guess too high.
Well done everyone so far and good luck to the rest that are due to be weighed! :0clapper:

Well done you! Thats blooming marvellous. SO so so so pleased for you!! Smashed it! Did you do anything different this week?
No don't change your target - you wanted 6 and anything over that is a bonus! xxx

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 14.30.21.png

Nope, I don't think i'm doing anything different food wise as Ive realised im not snacking as much during the day now, I am enjoying meal time and devouring it and not feeling quilty and my mood has lifted, no pain in my back when i walk so I do want to do more stuff now, so I think the movement, doing the hip hops abs dvd that I swear by for 6 years now. Nothing motivates me more than that dvd, So I think its the increase of movement and been fuller for longer. I still have a big plate but I make sure the speed food is more than the rest.

Last edited:
Checking in with a 1.5lb loss at group tonight.
I've been so busy with work and kids etc that I haven't been 100% this week so delighted - it must have been too busy to eat properly!
Great losses everyone.. I don't know how any of you manage more to lose 3 or 4 pounds week after week! Maintainers and gainers - don't let it get to you. Just keep going the losses will come, I know how hard it is to keep focussed though.
Less than 1/2 stone to target for me, this is when I start to lose my mojo... But this time I'm gonna get there and then I'm gonna stay there!

Ooh I love a chart!! Can I join please? My WI in day is Sunday and I'd like 4.5lbs this month to give me my 1 stone. I have a girls weekend away coming up but hope I can still do the 4.5lbs off.

Wow amazing losses guys - you guys are smashing it! Can I come to your houses for the week and you feed me?!

Welcome to the new guys, hopefully you'll get loads of inspiration from these wonderful lot...they really are fab!

Ooh I love a chart!! .
Me too....I'm a little bit sad :rolleyes::oops: I work with spreadsheets etc all day so got to have a little bit of fun with it! :p

Fingers crossed for you for your award! Where is your girls weekend? Sounds lovely xx

Updated chart xxx

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 07.30.58.png

Thought I would start off a little convo in here as to why we are all trying to lose weight... Is it health reasons? Something big coming up? Just purely because we want to?

Personally for me - I've been in such a happy and loving relationship with my best friend for 5 years (nearly) and i think when it was just a couple of pounds & then a couple more it didn't feel like a big deal. The wine, nice meals out etc were what adults did who lived in their own home and worked all week so the odd pound wasn't anything major. But they kept creeping on till i was unhappy being me. Very happy in my relationship I hasten to add, but unhappy with how I felt about myself. So a new group opened up in my little village and I popped along (after a couple of weeks of gearing myself up for it!)

I now have a few big things coming up and thats my driving force for shifting the rest (although I'm determined to get down there the events are making me want to get there quicker!)
  • Two close friends weddings this year (one seeing loads of old school friends I haven't seen since I was 16 and teeny!)
  • The hen dos to go with them
  • My 5th Anniversary with my OH
  • First Baby Neice/Nephew being born this year

Well done on all the fab losses guys! For the gainers/maintainers I think sometimes we focus too much on the food on difficult weeks - our bodies are complex things and hormones/water retention etc. can all have a massive impact in the short term. Keep going and the good work you are putting in will show on the scales eventually!

Me too....I'm a little bit sad :rolleyes::oops: I work with spreadsheets etc all day so got to have a little bit of fun with it! :p

Me three! I have an unhealthy obsession with spreadsheets :oops: I built a food and weight log to track and chart weight loss and calculate weekly totals (& daily averages) of syns, hex A & B, water intake etc. My work mates think I'm slightly crazy although some of them on SW have asked if they can have a copy of it!! :p

Well done on all the fab losses guys! For the gainers/maintainers I think sometimes we focus too much on the food on difficult weeks - our bodies are complex things and hormones/water retention etc. can all have a massive impact in the short term. Keep going and the good work you are putting in will show on the scales eventually!

Me three! I have an unhealthy obsession with spreadsheets :oops: I built a food and weight log to track and chart weight loss and calculate weekly totals (& daily averages) of syns, hex A & B, water intake etc. My work mates think I'm slightly crazy although some of them on SW have asked if they can have a copy of it!! :p

A girl after my own heart!! I have a few SW related charts... and a few budget ones too :oops: I cant help it! And I love notepads/stationary ... I have an obsession!

A girl after my own heart!! I have a few SW related charts... and a few budget ones too :oops: I cant help it! And I love notepads/stationary ... I have an obsession!

Hehe! My OH has banned me from buying any more stationery :oops:

Thought I would start off a little convo in here as to why we are all trying to lose weight... Is it health reasons? Something big coming up? Just purely because we want to?

Personally for me - I've been in such a happy and loving relationship with my best friend for 5 years (nearly) and i think when it was just a couple of pounds & then a couple more it didn't feel like a big deal. The wine, nice meals out etc were what adults did who lived in their own home and worked all week so the odd pound wasn't anything major. But they kept creeping on till i was unhappy being me. Very happy in my relationship I hasten to add, but unhappy with how I felt about myself. So a new group opened up in my little village and I popped along (after a couple of weeks of gearing myself up for it!)

I now have a few big things coming up and thats my driving force for shifting the rest (although I'm determined to get down there the events are making me want to get there quicker!)
  • Two close friends weddings this year (one seeing loads of old school friends I haven't seen since I was 16 and teeny!)
  • The hen dos to go with them
  • My 5th Anniversary with my OH
  • First Baby Neice/Nephew being born this year
I've always gone up and down with my weight. I've had 3 kids and each pregnancy I ate whatever I felt like, after the first two kids I lost the weight ok then after my son it stuck a bit. I want to be a good influence on my kids and in turn I want them to feel proud of me and not embarrassed by a chubby mum! I managed to loose my weight and it stayed off with slimming world, I even became a diamond member!!! Then I decided to give up smoking last May and food became my substitute and BAM! All my weight went back on so now I'm back, this is my year to be a slim, cigarette free confident lady ;)
Ps I love shopping and can't wait to buy clothes that aren't hiding my jiggerly bits X

I've always gone up and down with my weight. I've had 3 kids and each pregnancy I ate whatever I felt like, after the first two kids I lost the weight ok then after my son it stuck a bit. I want to be a good influence on my kids and in turn I want them to feel proud of me and not embarrassed by a chubby mum! I managed to loose my weight and it stayed off with slimming world, I even became a diamond member!!! Then I decided to give up smoking last May and food became my substitute and BAM! All my weight went back on so now I'm back, this is my year to be a slim, cigarette free confident lady ;)
Ps I love shopping and can't wait to buy clothes that aren't hiding my jiggerly bits X

I am trying to give up smoking too but find it hard...more the habit of it than anything else but its tough! Well done you for giving up!

Im sure your kids are soooo proud of you :) How old are your kids? xx

I am trying to give up smoking too but find it hard...more the habit of it than anything else but its tough! Well done you for giving up!

Im sure your kids are soooo proud of you :) How old are your kids? xx
Thanks, I have Molly who is 13, Phoebe is nearly 11 and Jayden will be 5 in a couple of weeks. They keep me busy!!!

Fingers crossed for you for your award! Where is your girls weekend? Sounds lovely xx

We're off to a place called Nafplion. I've been before but absolutely adore it, it's the Greek version of York.

Sadly, because it's an ongoing battle I've been fighting since I was 9 years old. I only know dieting or bingeing, my head doesn't understand normal eating :( November 2012 I got to my target weight, was exercising regularly and felt and looked fab in my jeans......and now here I am again, 4 stone up.

Back