February 2016

I hope the week is going well for everyone.

My story is so soddin long winded but here goes.

When pubity hit I put on a load of weight, had a lot of issues with binge eating and didn't really have the parental guidance to steer me in the right direction. I developed crohns after my first child was born a Lost the weight really unhealthily.
My weight jumped back up after I had my third child in 2003, was diagnosed post pregnancy with chronic renal failure (they thought it was pre eclampsia only it never went away). Kidney docs put me on high dose steroids and the weight ballooned. Since then I've struggled to lose the weight again. Jump to 2012 and I was on dialysis, got married and had a kidney transplant! I started feeling better but by the end of 2013 I was at my heaviest 18.13 1/2.
January 6th 2014 I joined slimming world again and this time it's just clicked into place.

So now I find myself almost 7 stone lighter and enjoying life ten times more than before.
I exercise like no ones business and started running last year. I managed 4 100km walks for charity last year after I lost my brother in 2014 and I'm in the process of becoming a slimming world consultant.

Morning all! How are we all feeling today...its Fri-yay!! I finish work at 11am and then I've got a pretty chilled weekend (except going to my niece/nephews scan and finding out the sex!) xxx

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 09.09.53.png

When pubity hit I put on a load of weight, had a lot of issues with binge eating and didn't really have the parental guidance to steer me in the right direction. I developed crohns after my first child was born a Lost the weight really unhealthily.
My weight jumped back up after I had my third child in 2003, was diagnosed post pregnancy with chronic renal failure (they thought it was pre eclampsia only it never went away). Kidney docs put me on high dose steroids and the weight ballooned. Since then I've struggled to lose the weight again. Jump to 2012 and I was on dialysis, got married and had a kidney transplant! I started feeling better but by the end of 2013 I was at my heaviest 18.13 1/2.
January 6th 2014 I joined slimming world again and this time it's just clicked into place.

So now I find myself almost 7 stone lighter and enjoying life ten times more than before.
I exercise like no ones business and started running last year. I managed 4 100km walks for charity last year after I lost my brother in 2014 and I'm in the process of becoming a slimming world consultant.
Awesome!!!!

Wow quite a story, well done you after everything you've been through you totally deserve to be enjoying life and as a healthier happier you :)

Sorry I've been Awol! Busy few days and although I was so pleased to start exercising on Monday, I did it for 3 days and then stopped! Terrible for finding excuses and my star week is due any minute, I have the feelings so it just needs to start, its only my 2nd one since getting pregnant in Jan 2015 and I hope its better than last month's as I had terrible clots, sorry!!!

Anyway as for weigh in I stayed the same, I felt ok about that though, I hoped the sudden start of exercise might of triggered it, i'm hoping to get my half stone on wed's, I only need half a pound but I feel a lot heavier (star week I hope!) I have been a bit naughty today, its raining heavily here so I made cupcakes with my 5 year old and I eat 3 ;)
I have however made a massive sw chilli for tea so it'll all get better!!!

Hope you are all ok x

Sorry I've been Awol! Busy few days and although I was so pleased to start exercising on Monday, I did it for 3 days and then stopped! Terrible for finding excuses and my star week is due any minute, I have the feelings so it just needs to start, its only my 2nd one since getting pregnant in Jan 2015 and I hope its better than last month's as I had terrible clots, sorry!!!

Anyway as for weigh in I stayed the same, I felt ok about that though, I hoped the sudden start of exercise might of triggered it, i'm hoping to get my half stone on wed's, I only need half a pound but I feel a lot heavier (star week I hope!) I have been a bit naughty today, its raining heavily here so I made cupcakes with my 5 year old and I eat 3 ;)
I have however made a massive sw chilli for tea so it'll all get better!!!

Hope you are all ok x

I am the same with the clots! I need to get back on medication the doc give me to help me slow down my flow. I was extremely heavy before my daughter, then it seemed to be lighter afterwards, but just the past couple of years, its that extreme flow has come back again. but I just keep forget to book appointment and its week waits and I forget the phone call appointments, I only seem to remember when I am actually on! haha but hopefully I get my butt into gear and get down and get it sorted, because it does restrict me from going out or wanting to go out, because I am changing that much...
I hope everyone doing ok this week. 2nd weigh in is coming around! how are you feeling? at the moment I have a couple of ladies in the group who werent too happy me beening the slimming of the week, I found out they brought "special" food for the slimmer basket thinking it was going to one of their ladies in their "witch" group i call them now lol. and I got it. I got scowls and huffs and then in the facebook group, they were cackling on about how the basket is defiantly theirs this week coming when 2 of them maintained! so they can't. So my little dark side wants to win this week rub their nose in. Just never expected that type of silliness and childish behavior over a slimmers basket, they can have the odd apple or a browned banana back, i just wanted a good loss . So we will have to see :(

Last edited:
NeverAgain! I love this post! I may nick it to put on my group page on FB if that's ok xx

I've just completed my first 10k of the year in a fairly good time, despite Greenwich park having the worst hill I've ever run up. i'm hoping for another couple of pounds off this week to see me edge towards my feb goal and target!

Of course, not a problem. Certainly helps when you have a few bad days out of the month.
Congratulations on your run! Well done you. Fingers crossed for your results at the weigh in! Xxx

NeverAgain! I love this post! I may nick it to put on my group page on FB if that's ok xx

I've just completed my first 10k of the year in a fairly good time, despite Greenwich park having the worst hill I've ever run up. i'm hoping for another couple of pounds off this week to see me edge towards my feb goal and target!

Monday weigh in. Up early this morning and so happy to report a -2.5lb loss :)
This week coming is going to be a tough one though, got a weekend away with hubby (no kids!) and although I hope to be on plan as much as I can it doesn't happen often so I will enjoy myself :)

So sorry guys - had a very busy weekend and didn't get online to check how everyone has been doing!

Some fantastic losses guys - you guys rock! (yes some gains too but that is life and don't I know it better than others that our bodies do random things on our weight loss journey!)

I have updated the chart to reflect your results - please do let me know if I've missed anyone or anything.

Honestly you guys are so motivational and supportive - I love coming on here to chat, and I LOVE your post neveragin, just brilliant. Been on plan all week and so needing 1.5 to get my new numbers. I need to hide my scales as Im driving myself mad jumping on them every chance I get.

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 08.02.13.png

I'm very late to the game... but can I join please?

I'd like to be -6lb this month, but it's a short one and I do have a trip abroad planned!

I was 10st4.6lb on Monday 1st and I'm down 3.6 today to 10st1lb :D Happy to just be below 10stone by March in all honesty :D

OMG Storm Imogen will you just DO ONE!!!!! I've never known weather like it!!!

I was going shopping today but I just can't face getting the buggy in and out of the car so that's scuppered my salmon salad, instead i've found a brocolli so its salmon and veg instead!

I need a miracle to see any loss on wed's, seem to have lost my way but hopefully back on track starting today. Babs is asleep for his morning half hour so i've had a quick syn free break, i've taken a homemade minestrone out for lunch which is packed full of speed foods so i'm feeling good. Also, when babs goes for his long sleep at around 11 i'm going to attempt to do some exercise, I will either re-start the one I did last week or if i'm feeling adventurous I'm going to start the 30 day shred, its going to hurt so bad!!!

I've got a meal out on fri and I really want to sit there and enjoy my food and feel like I've worked hard all week for it!!!

Ah brilliant, well done you! and I hope you enjoy your time away.

Monday weigh in. Up early this morning and so happy to report a -2.5lb loss :)
This week coming is going to be a tough one though, got a weekend away with hubby (no kids!) and although I hope to be on plan as much as I can it doesn't happen often so I will enjoy myself :)

Thanks! Yeah you need to burn them scales! lol I havent got any in the house or i would be doing mad positions on them to get a good number lol I bet that drives you up the wall and feel like you can't rest or take your mind off it. You have done so well. I kill for my 4 and half stone award! (i will get there and cant wait!) I would get rid of them and enjoy the plan and enjoy every day you arent been weighing down by your weight anymore, because you have to commit to this way after you get your target to keep it and you need to enjoy the journey as well as the destination :) But you are so close, almost taste distance and you want it done. But you know losing the last few pounds before target will be the hardest but it will also make you appreciate the fight of getting there to help you stay there.:winner:

:woohoo:Sending good vibes to everyone this week! Good luck!

So sorry guys - had a very busy weekend and didn't get online to check how everyone has been doing!

Some fantastic losses guys - you guys rock! (yes some gains too but that is life and don't I know it better than others that our bodies do random things on our weight loss journey!)

I have updated the chart to reflect your results - please do let me know if I've missed anyone or anything.

Honestly you guys are so motivational and supportive - I love coming on here to chat, and I LOVE your post neveragin, just brilliant. Been on plan all week and so needing 1.5 to get my new numbers. I need to hide my scales as Im driving myself mad jumping on them every chance I get.

View attachment 180260

Back