February 2016

@Smurfette1984 I never really had them before slimming world and I am a dessert girl and was getting sick of a liquid desserts (yogurt) and I saw Eton mess in the slimming.world handbook and wanted to try and now I'm hooked. Either have it with strawberries or frozen fruit. The crunch from the meringue hits the spot and sugar too and also makes it like a special dessert
Same here. Love yoghurts don't get me wrong but there's only so many you can eat lol x
Have heard other members in group and my consultant mention meringue nests and always mean to get some then don't but think this week I'll get some on online shop :)

Hey guys - some fab advice from Neveragain... completely agree! If you have had a bad week (or couple) it doesn't mean going forward you will have a bad week. Its all about what you do going forward. So come on, you can make it count this month. Even if its not the result you were expecting/hoping for you are still trying to change your lifestyle for the better and you will be making better choices along the way (even if you have had gains you will have made positive choices & surely that has to count for something?)

I know we can do it guys - me included. One pound till I hit my feb target and boy do i want it tomorrow!

My fave free foods are definitely SW chips, and I like to save my cheese to make cheesy chips! I also am loving the eton mess too. Loads of speedy fruits, fat free fomage frais (with a teeny bit of sweeter) and then one meringue nest crumbled into it. So yummy! Ive done boiled eggs to snack on today and i usually love to cook up a packet of skinny powter sausages and have those to snack on (o.5 syns a sausage is fine by me...means I can have the whole pack and not feel bad :oops:;))

Updated chart below :)

@Kev* no problem with the weigh - this is your journey and I'm just here to put it in a chart cos I'm OCD like that!! xx

@Trixicle @Dillis22 @springlenner @susienoz - you guys still doing the challenge? If not no worries but I shall take you off so we can show a truer reading of how we are getting on. If you are and have had gains thats ok too. I want it to reflect us truly regardless of what it says (i just don't want to leave blank spaces as the target losses make the percentage higher/lower if you aren't doing it!) xxx

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 07.33.38.png

1lb off for me! :)

Do you have free food snacks to share?

I love raw carrot - it saves me from the afternoon munchies at work. I cut up a whole carrot the evening before when I'm making dinner and pop it in my lunch box.
In fact the lunch box is great - It has a big compartment for my lunch (usually leftovers or a salad), a medium compartments where I usually have berries or other speed fruit and 2 smaller compartments for my carrots and a lower syn snack for emergencies (I love the treat size versions of party rings and malteasers).
I don't usually have the sweets but they keep me from raiding the vending machine!!

I made the scotch eggs last week - soo lovely. More meaty than shop bought ones! :eating:

Ooh, I might have to pop to Iceland and make up another batch!
I also want to try sausage rolls with light puff pastry. They won't be really low syn but will be nice as a treat!

Hey guys - I personally find this really helps so if anyone wants to join me for this month Im happy to keep all our results together and in a chart.

I would ideally like 5lbs this month (hard month as mums, brother and OHs birthdays but I'm going to try my hardest!)

Hi there!!

I'm new to this site, and looking to join something like you suggest (lover of a spreadsheet ☺) think it would be beneficial!! Would it be okay to join you. ..or can you point me in the correct direction? The big weigh in is tomorrow...although my weight is like my bank account I always know the dismal figure !!! Starting SW from home. If anyone can help me...I'd be so great full.

Many thanks!!!!

Hi there!!

I'm new to this site, and looking to join something like you suggest (lover of a spreadsheet ☺) think it would be beneficial!! Would it be okay to join you. ..or can you point me in the correct direction? The big weigh in is tomorrow...although my weight is like my bank account I always know the dismal figure !!! Starting SW from home. If anyone can help me...I'd be so great full.

Many thanks!!!!

Hey lovely - you can pop along on this one or just wait to join our March challenge, here is the link for it :)

https://www.minimins.com/threads/march-2016-challenge.353937/

Whichever is fine by me, when did you/do you start SW?

Let us know what sort of help you need and we'll def help you in the right direction! xx

Hi SaraH :) I'm Nikki

Thanks so much for you reply. I am going to start slimming world tomorrow... :) just at home. I am a new mummy and feel I want to do it for my daughter, and not to be so embarrassed going swimming! I'd just like to share my journey and swaps tips. Also, if I have a target then it may motivate me even more. If I can be added to the spreadsheet for this final week that's lovely, but if I'm not I am delighted to wait until March. :)

@Sazmajig Another 1.6 lbs off for your spreadsheet, maybe I still have chance to reach my Feb target? My daughter likes everything to be in place and in order, if anyone mentions it she says 'oh yea, I'm a bit AC DC :)
Good luck everyone else for your weigh ins (just for your AC DC, Sarah, its Kev* not Kev8):)

Hello Never Again and Kev

Many thanks for the luck...I'll have a long way to go...however I'll take it day by day :)
My little girl has started weaning so I don't want her following in my footsteps.. ;)

I take it, it's a monthly goal in lb to lose? I shall start on my own and then join you guys on the March challenge so not to muck all up :) is everyone doing Slimming World? I am so sorry, I am learning to use this on the hop!

Nice talking with you all :)

@Munchkin_Em Recipe for SW Scotch Eggs anyone!!! Read about scotch eggs and wanted to use my body magic to run down the shops!!!
@Longtermbridesmaid Every journey starts with a first step, good luck, there is tons of help and ideas on here :)

Only one more day and then it's Wednesday and the big weigh in again lol x Really really hope I've broke this small gain chain :)

Back