Fed up and ready to change!

hanah12321

So, my names Hannah, I'm 18 and 18 stone! I've struggled with my weight for pretty much as long as I can remember an now I'm finally fed up enough to stop and change.
When I was younger (early teens) I started binging and purging and it got really bad, to the point where the blood vessels would burst in my face and my face would puff up and my throat would be in a lot of pain. This part of my life was very hard, I was going through a lot at home and in school etc and it was sort of a coping mechanism for me. This carried on till I was about 16/17.
Then a year and a half ago, I finally got with the boy I have been in love with since forever an that changed me. I told him what was going on and the pain in his face was clear, he hated what I was doing to myself. It made me want to stop hurting myself so I stopped. However, around a year a go my dad got really sick an it all started again only it was just the binging this time an I ballooned, I put on about 4 stone in a year and I'm covered in stretch marks and none of my clothes fit any more :( Now I'm very unhappy with the way I am and it's so hard to not go back to purging, I don't want to go through that physical and mental pain all over again.

NOW I plan to do it the healthy way and take control of my life. I'm not sure where to start other than 'eat less move more' as my mum always tell me. I've been looking at a few diets and stuff but I haven't decided yet. Maybe the fasting diet but we'll see. Or I was thinking of joining WW or SW. I plan to do weekly weigh ins myself and post them on here and maybe keep a food diary. I hope I can get this shifted before it really starts to affect my health!

Any support or weight loss buddies are most welcome to join me with my journey! Everyone needs a little bit of help <3

Hi Hanah, what an honest opening post! Really great you have stopped the purging, sounds like it was doing you a lot of harm! Well done :) I will be subscribing here to see how you are getting on, do please keep us posted!

I honestly believe that a food diary is a great place to start, just to find out where you're really at. There are so many different ways to lose weight, and none of them works for everyone. my top tip is to be stubborn, and stick with it for the long haul. If you fall off the wagon, get straight back on. There is a lot of information and support on this site, so don't be shy to ask! I'm sure there are many serial dieters here, myself included!

Thanks Hun :) I will try and keep up with a post everyday when I can! I'm not entirely sure what method I'm going to use yet. I want to do a diet to kick start weight loss and the. Move on to healthy eating. Looking at doing a 12 week thing maybe and see how that goes but I'm not sure. Gonna do some research and decide and I'll be sure to post on here what my plan is :)

I've decided as of tomorrow I'm going to do low carb :D I've been wanting to for ages but tend to give up on payday and order pizza!! Haha :p

Plans for eats are:
Breakfast-fruit salad pot from tesco and a bottle of water
Lunch-some salmon and some sort of salad, again, whatever I can find in tesco
Dinner-not entirely sure yet, it depends on which house I end up staying at but maybe something like a bolognese with a little bit of pasta and a sprinkling of cheese.
Obviously lots of water, I'm good at drinking my water. I tend to eat a bottle and keep it for the week and refill it all the time.

Wish me luck and I'll update throughout tomorrow probably :)

Day's not gone well so far. I planned to get up with my bf and go to the office with home and do my college work but I ended up not sleeping till stupid o'clock in the morning and didn't wake up till about 1 :( I neeeeeeeeeeed to sort out my sleeping pattern!
I haven't eaten anything as of yet though an when I get to town I'm gonna get some water melon, I've had a right craving for that lately :)

So I got into town around 2 and bought some chicken bites (2 packs) there 115 cals each and then i bought some pineapple and a melon pot but it only had a tiny bit of water melol in it and I don't like other melon so that was a waist of money. But they added up to about 100 cals and my bf made me buy him so milkybar so I had a strip of that 3 pieces) which was 110 cals (my treat for the day). And now I've just eaten some carrots and dip, shouldn't have really had the dip as it was full fat but I didn't have a lot of it. but really that was probably about 355 cals all in all so 825 cals for the day so for leaves me 665 for my tea and that's based on 1500 a day. I don't think that's to bad for a first day, It could have been better I suppose but i could have had pringles instead of carrots with the dip, which is what I usually would have had. I just need to get my exercise regime sorted and I'll be laughin ;) I'm cutting down to 1 slice of bread a day fro now and only one little treat a day and I'm going to make sure that they're always under 150 cals.

I'm quite excited to now tbh, I've got my personal food diary that I'm writing in and keeping track of what I'm eating and I've got myfitnesspal on the go as well to help with calorie counting. Let's hope I can keep this up!!

Hi Hanah,

Sounds like you're off to a good start :) do you plan in advance or just take each day as it comes? I really must start planning better and recording better, it helps me a lot.

What's for tea?

Bit of both really, I try to he an idea of why in going to have but it never works out exactly.
When u got home it went completely down hill. Ate some cheese and some beans on toast and a piece of bacon and a little spam (that my dad had a there was a little left over) and then he went to the shop and brought me back a kit kat which obviously I just haaaad to eat and then ended up having another piece of toast.
Feel like such poo now :( I'm terrible at the night time. Writing it all down though really helps see it in perspective because really I can see how much I've eaten an that it's clearly waaaaay too much. But tomorrow will be another day and hope I can do better an my will power will kick in! I really want to do this and I need to as well for my health.

I'm also going to actually get up tomorrow with the other half and might pick up a bagel or something for breaky, I know that's not exactly low carb but it's better than a maccies ;)

Wish me luck!!

Hiya lovely, hope you're doing ok. Don't let today's blip get you down. Xx

Heya Hannah, firstly welcome to Minimins.

Just keep sticking at it, and see every day as a new day, rather than as a continuous diet. I myself started out just by reducing portions and switching to healthier foods, and it does make all the difference. You're already starting to make those changes (the carrot stick instead of the pringles!) and especially when you start incorporating exercise you'll start to see a difference.

Good luck and I'll be following :) x

Thanks guys. I'm trying my best today, had some toast (brown may I add) with a tiny bit of cheese sprinkled on it for breakfast (had it like a sandwich) and I just walked from mine to my boyfriends which is about a half hours walk and I've got to walk to work later which is about 20 mind an the. Walk back to town about 20 mins again so there's my exercise for today :) I'm not sure what to eat now though because I work at Pizza Hut and it's sooooooo hard not to be tempted to eat anything :( need to make sure I'm not hungry before I go.

Decided cutting out all carbs is a bit drastic to start off with so I'm going to do it slowly. 2 slices of bread a day I think is okay and then potatoes/rice or something with my dinner.

Starting is sooooo hard specially when you're so used to just doing whatever and just eating whenever. Which reminds me, I'm going to try to stop eating late at night as well, like no eating after 8 o'clock to start with and then once I'm used to that I'll change it to 7 and then 6 :)

Which reminds me, I'm going to try to stop eating late at night as well, like no eating after 8 o'clock to start with and then once I'm used to that I'll change it to 7 and then 6 :)

Honestly, cutting out eating at night is one of the best things I ever did. Me and the BF used to eat late at night all the time. We'd have our tea at about 5pm and then by 9/10 we'd be hungry again and end up putting a pizza or chicken in the oven. This was pretty much every night and I definitely think contributed heavily to the weight gain. I find a hot drink at around 7/8pm (the Options hot chocolate sachets are great for this and only 40 cals) really helped to stop the cravings. x

Honestly, cutting out eating at night is one of the best things I ever did. Me and the BF used to eat late at night all the time. We'd have our tea at about 5pm and then by 9/10 we'd be hungry again and end up putting a pizza or chicken in the oven. This was pretty much every night and I definitely think contributed heavily to the weight gain. I find a hot drink at around 7/8pm (the Options hot chocolate sachets are great for this and only 40 cals) really helped to stop the cravings. x

I do that now but the other way round. I'll snack all night till my bf decides he's hungry and then I'll have dinner at around 8/9 and then just feel sick all night and end up with heart burn which I get really bad.
I've had the options stuff before, only problem is is I like it strong so put about 2 servings in one! Haha defeats the object really. I suppose I could just have half the water really. Either that or I'm a big tea drinker, cannot have it without sugar though and sweaters horrible I think, tastes really strong an other low cal sugars are quite a bit more expensive :/

Feel pretty good about today :) after breakfast i had some carrots and dip again but hardly any really about 8 small carrot sticks and dip with them. And then walked to work (about 20/25 mins) and had some chicken strips from work (but resisted pizza) so that was my dinner an that was about 500 cals.

So ccording to myfitnesspal I've had 1366 cals today and I'll have a cup of tea or two an they're 30 each because I have 1 sugar. And with the walking and work (based on 2 cals lost per minute at work with what I do) I've lost around 1020 cals.

Feeling good :D

Woo hoo :) well done chick :) don't think I'd have the willpower to resist the pizza. You're doing fab, keep up the good work xx

Definitely something to be proud of :) I'd have to pour something disgusting over it so I wouldn't be able to eat it! The best thing I bring home is normally a uniform that stinks! Xx

Yeeeeh I get the smelly uniform as well! Haha. I'm not gonna lie I just had a left I've crust and tasted like crap. Wish I hadn't bothered now! And it's put up my intake to 1900 :( that's with the dips I've had as well that I forgot to add in before. Still got around technically got around 500 left though because of excessive so it's not tooooo bad but it could have been better :(

Never worry about a blip chick, just get back on it tomorrow and don't let it get to you. I used to think "ahh I've messed today up,so might as well have another bar of choc/crisps/cake etc" but it never stopped there I'd think "ahh I messed yesterday up,so ill start again properly next week"... And so on. They way im getting around this is by not having the "nice things" in the house!
PICK know your calorie counting so not sure how many calories this would be for you but to cure my sweet tooth I do magic pancakes. Basically you have about 30grams of plain porridge oats, mix them with fat free yoghurt into like a thick paste, put that in fridge overnight, then next day mix in 2 eggs and about a tablespoon of sweetener to the mixture, cook them like a pancake but using fry light not oil/butter. And they taste amazing! I then use my syns for a tablespoon of nutella, melt it and spread over the pancakes along with chopped banana xx

Back