Fed Up. Giving Up.

SteveM

Silver Member
Okay, I am getting ****** off with this now!! 2 weeks on 810 and not lost so much as an ounce. Exactly the same weight to the .01 of a pound as I was two weeks ago.

This is where it gets demoralising. I have taken the decision to come up a level to 1000 and start exercising and see if I can get things moving that way. I have strong willpower, which has been tested to the limit on the diet this time as I have been permanently hungry for the entire time - it even keeping me awake some nights. It has been terrible, but I have not broken. As far as I am aware, I have stuck to this as close to 100% as I can without too much faffing about - only deviation is that I do not weigh out all the protein etc exactly each time so there may be a bit more one day, a bit less the next, but not enough to make that much of a difference). I can no longer put up with the mental torture and discomfort when I am not losing - so I have given in.

I will move up the plans and go back to exercise. I am disappointed in myself that I cannot stick with it anymore, but I just cannot put myself through this for what seems like nothing.

Worst thing is that I tested myself again this morning, and I am clearly in ketosis, which I have been the entire time. What gives - can anyone explain this, because I certainly can't.

sorry to hear than hunny, have you been taking your measurments? when Im dissapointed with a loss the tape measure usually cheers me up??? Good luck in whichever you decide, i see you had some amazing losses on SS, would you drop down to that again? xx

Hi steve :)
Im new here, first day, but im also in swindon, you have done well so far, its people like you who give me hope in looseing my weight, please dont give up, you have come so far already

Well, I have certainly changed shape in 8 weeks .... I started of in 38" jeans, and now I can get back into 32", which I achieved 3 weeks ago. Now they are not as tight as they were, but I still need to shift some more.

It is just frustrating. I suppose we all get fixated on something at some point, mine is currently my target weight of 12st 4lbs, but I have stalled 17 pounds away and it annoys me!

If I could explain it to myself it might be easier to accept, but I can't, and my CDC can't. I am definitely in ketosis and I always have been. I am just utterly confused.

I will get to where I want to be, I just may have to alter the route a little, which is what I am trying. My CDC suggested that the heat may have something to do with it, saying that she has had a lot of people struggling over the past couple of weeks - she thinks due to increased water retention. I'm not sure though - not sure if she was just trying to make me feel better (which I appreciate), but I don't think its that easy.

All you can do it keep trying i can see you are a strong character, so you will get to your goal, i do think you are right to up plans and try excersing, if it doesnt work then you can drop back again, keep going though you have done very well.

Oh Steve, I really feel for you. I can feel your demotivation in your words. Don't give up. I can totally understand why you feel the way you do. My losses haven't been the best, only managed 3lb in two weeks, but you should try to plug away at it. It has to come off eventually. Most people on here understand where you are coming from and are a great source of support so there is always someone who feels the same way as you do. Please don't give up, you have done so well.

Steve, I think you are making the right decision to change tactics. You've given it 2 weeks and if you feel that it's making you miserable to do anymore then don't - life's to short fella!

An hour of pretty hard cardio 5 times a week and 2500 calories will lose you a couple of pounds per week - I know this from much testing lol.

P.S On the no weight loss thing, it may be not make you feel better, but if you have been in Keytosis for best part of 2 weeks and you haven't shed fat you would be dead :D So you have definitely lost fat, which is the only weight we really care about anyway. F*?* the scales :D

Great comment Big H!! I am easing my way back into the exercise now, so I will see how it goes. Fingers crossed for some progress, but I will certainly not give up - not my way!!

Steve,
Your doing so well Im sorry I have not got any answers as to why your weight hasnt budged for 2 weeks.. But I know some weeks where I have had a smaller loss for 2 weeks the week after I usually lose a bigger amount.. You are also getting closer to target perhaps its getting slower for that reason..
Chin up and as Big H said f--- the scales...... if your feeling good and looking good thats all that matters and stick with it and your losses will show......
Chin up your doing fab x

Also........If you can get in size 32 jeans you don't need to lose weight :D

Hey - Big H. I said I could "get into" my 32" jeans. I did not say they were comfortable!! In fact, I have to walk a bit like a Thunderbird Puppet when I have them on .... but at least they are on!!

Thinking about what you say though, maybe the best way forward for me now is exercise/toning rather than a direct attempt at losing weight.

Thanks for that kick up the ar$e mate - I was not thinking straight .......

No worries mate - good luck with it.

When I finished one of my many attempts on CD, I just tried eating a normal kind of diet, nothing drastic, probably about 2500 cals a day. If I wanted a bar of choclate or a packet of crisps I had it. But What I did was really cane the gym and I was getting good losses of around 2 pounds per week. Petty I never stuck to it:D

Another thing that has worked is not having any carbs after 16:00, I found that eating the same amount, but changing the times of the day I ate the carbs als0 gave me good losses

I know it's not always possible to have your cooked meal at lunchtime, but what I was doing was having a normal meal in the evening just removing the rice/pasta/potatoes

I'm sure we'll all get there eventually ;)

That's the trick ... finding what works in the real world with our real lives ...... and then sticking to it and not letting "life" get in the way. Unfortunately it always does in one way or another, but the key is to just stay aware of being off track, and get back to what we know should be our routine as soon as we can...... Like they say, **** happens, deal with it!

We all know what we should do, we just have to remember that we do have the time and ability to do it ...... :D

Let us know what happens steve as I personally would be curious to know how you get on and what you chose to do. good luck, you have done really well

Hi Steve, I totally understand your frustration as that is what happens to me on every single diet I have ever done. I don't lose weight for a few months and I give up. That happened to me too on low carb I got down low on that though and stopped about 1 stone or 1/2 stone from target. But I suggest you go back on SS for a few weeks to get down to target. I don't know if I'm right in saying this but I don't think you can't lose on this. Hope whatever you do works for you and I'll be following you closely cos I'm worried about this happening myself. Good luck x

Hiya Steve,
You have my sympathy I am nearing the end of my 10th week and have been 100% ss and for the past two weeks I have lost 2lb a week.. HOWEVER without a doubt fat is moving because my clothes are getting loser and loser! And today my clavicles popped out.

I am not an expert and I'm sure a CDC will coment but i'm sure sometimes our bodies just hold on to water for dear life whilst things regulate for a few weeks... this is what I am hoping anyway...

As you say your trousers are getting much looser so maybe its really worth sticking at it for a while longer??

Ultimately you have to do whats right for you... but I'm sure you will get there!

x

Well guys, what is happening is this.

At my last weigh-in as you can see I lost nothing again, but at least I did not gain, though the problem I have mentally with this is that if I have to eat the amount I am currently eating in order to "maintain" then I think I would rather die an have done with it :D

My current CDC told me that she is stopping doing CD for a couple of months whilst she and her OH go and live on a yacht that they have bought, so I am having to change my CDC .... which I am not totally happy about, but as I said in a previous reply **** happens, so I am dealing with it :)

I have stepped up to 1000 plan, and have been taking steady exercise since last Tuesday (my next WI is this Wednesday). I will just see how it goes, but the depressing thing for me at the moment is that the scales still do not appear to be shifting, and there is the added uncertainty that there is no guarantee that the new CDC's scales will weigh the same as my old CDC's .... in fact it is pretty safe money to say that they won't.

I am not rushing into anything - just taking it easy and hoping that my body is just going though a phase ......

Hi Steve, I totally understand your frustration. I have been ss+ and last two weeks not lost anything! I can't believe it so this week i am really struggling to do ss (really struggling) and wonder when i go back to ss+ will i put weight on. I find this so hard and demoralising - i have lost 17 lb and need to lose another 17lb to feel at goal weight but body not shifting anything. I dont drink water before weigh in, weigh first thing in morning so don't know whats happening! Feel like im the only one not losing :(

Well guys, what is happening is this.

At my last weigh-in as you can see I lost nothing again, but at least I did not gain, though the problem I have mentally with this is that if I have to eat the amount I am currently eating in order to "maintain" then I think I would rather die an have done with it :D

My current CDC told me that she is stopping doing CD for a couple of months whilst she and her OH go and live on a yacht that they have bought, so I am having to change my CDC .... which I am not totally happy about, but as I said in a previous reply **** happens, so I am dealing with it :)

I have stepped up to 1000 plan, and have been taking steady exercise since last Tuesday (my next WI is this Wednesday). I will just see how it goes, but the depressing thing for me at the moment is that the scales still do not appear to be shifting, and there is the added uncertainty that there is no guarantee that the new CDC's scales will weigh the same as my old CDC's .... in fact it is pretty safe money to say that they won't.

I am not rushing into anything - just taking it easy and hoping that my body is just going though a phase ......

Just out interest, how tall are you Steve?

5' 7", so based on BMI I am Obese by 2 pounds, but my BF% is in the "good" range. Can't find the sheet from the last test, but I think it was around 20%. I am aiming for a BF% of ~15% (suggested by the gym), which is why my target is what it is (I recently raised my target after a BF check). I will see if I can find the thread - I did put it on here somewhere!

Back