Fed up living in a restaurant!

Actually, come to think of it I may as well teach my son too. He's a great little helper around the house lol

You sound like a superMum!! Wow you were so young - they must love having a young mum. My bf is 45 and his girls are 21 and 23 and they laugh at how their mates think his is hot lol x

LOL I think I embarrass her more than anything, asking who she's snogged and who she fancies lol
She got fed up with me and my partner asking yesterday and snapped at him, "well who do YOU fancy?"
"Mammy," he replied lol
I suppose since I was so young having her, that I felt like I had to do more, be more, than other women raising kids. By the time I was 8 months pregnant on her, I had moved out of home into an apartment, and I've never once moved back home. I swapped out the apartment for a house and a dog :D

One thing I'm very proud of is the fact that anyone and everyone who's met any of my children say the one thing. "They're so polite". I'm glad of that. Manners cost nothing.

I brought my 2 up alone from 8 and 10 and they are both at uni now and lovely people. I am so proud of them. Its fab now cos me and the bf have 4 daughters between us. They all get on well and its so much fun! x

I saw a nice pizza idea on The Biggest Loser, not quite SW friendly but lower in syns. They baked a wrap until crispy then added the toppings, so it was a lot lower in fat.
we did this for my boys and they put on their own toppings from a selection and they ate every bit.
my 5 year old also likes to eat what he has grown. so mad on green beans at the moment.

Aren't those wraps like 12 syns each? lol

I would have to double batch and freeze portions of those meals, so say a veggie curry, make twice as much and freeze one, when curry night comes again reheat the veggie curry and double cook the meat one, then next curry night double cook the veggie, and serve the frozen meat obe so really you only need to double cook the first one, and in effect only cooking one meal each time.

Meant to add I do this with curry already as son only eats Korma which is tasteless baby food to me! That way I get to concentrate on the one in hand!

They just both like completely different things! The meat eater wouldn't touch curry. She won't eat cumberland sausages cos they're too spicy! The veggie wants chickpeas and spice! I do batch cook. Veggie spag bol, becomes chilli with beans and spice added, then becomes tacos with chickpeas added. The meat eater wants meat and veg and meat and veg

mumtheshopper said:
They just both like completely different things! The meat eater wouldn't touch curry. She won't eat cumberland sausages cos they're too spicy! The veggie wants chickpeas and spice! I do batch cook. Veggie spag bol, becomes chilli with beans and spice added, then becomes tacos with chickpeas added. The meat eater wants meat and veg and meat and veg

You could still use my method, just with different dishes, so cottage pie for one, veggie chilli for the other. What I'm saying is if you have a portion of something for either one in the freezer, you can concentrate on the other meal, and reheat the other? I don't envy you though!

I work full time as well as looking after our 4 year old, and I'm a part time student. So oh knows there's only one meal being made (cause I do the cooking) and if they don't like it they go hungry!
I wouldn't make anything they don't actually like but if they decide to be fussy that night its bed without supper I'm afraid!

Our two boys and our daughter were all taught to cook by us from an early date and it's funny that both lads now cook as their girlfriends/partner/wife can't! They now have any recipes that I put on this site and our SW friends have.
Funny thing is that I now do over 90% of all the cooking in the house since starting SW!

bilsat said:
Our two boys and our daughter were all taught to cook by us from an early date and it's funny that both lads now cook as their girlfriends/partner/wife can't! They now have any recipes that I put on this site and our SW friends have.
Funny thing is that I now do over 90% of all the cooking in the house since starting SW!

Oooh Pete you are good, fancy living in my shed and cooking for me???? Lol
I find it shameful that kids aren't taught to cook! It's a big bug bear of mine!!! I'll shurrup now, I need someone to come clear my shed out now LOL!!! ;)

Back