Feeders

I think that we have a duty of care to those around us. We have chosen to make a change in our lives and on a VLCD those changes occur quickly. Other people haven't chosen this change but it is forced upon them. Some will react positively and some will react negatively. There is little that can't be mended by sitting down with a friend and talking it through honestly. Perhaps the friend has food issues of her own and her insecurities are coming out.

As a general rule in life when things go wrong and I'm blaming someone else I try to sit back and ask myself what I could have done to make it turn out differently. That helps me grow as a person and also helps me to get the results I'd prefer in future situations. It doesn't matter who is to blame - both people are hurting and if one of them can be the bigger person and help both of them then that's a good result.

I agree with you however people making negative comments are not friends but people you have to be around it does not make it acceptable but I agree be the bigger person and learn from it

Mille
Start weight 16st 2lbs
Goal weight 10st

I agree with you however people making negative comments are not friends but people you have to be around it does not make it acceptable but I agree be the bigger person and learn from it Mille Start weight 16st 2lbs Goal weight 10st

Agree with you on this defiantly no need for negativity or plain rudeness regardless ! :)

You are right that when people you don't know very well make comments then it is harder to deal with - you're not likely to sit down with them and talk it through. I actually tend to feel sorry for these people. What on Earth is so bad in their on lives that they feel the need to behave in that way? How have they been treated in the past so that they react like this or so that they think it's ok to react like this? You don't need to solve it for them but choosing to feel sorry for them rather than hurt/upset/angry at them is far better for your mental health.

If you spend your life being upset at all of the things other people do then you're going to be unhappy. If you try to help the people who behave that way or feel sorry for them or consider what you might do differently in a similar situation in the future so that the outcome is better for you (irrespective of who started it or whose fault it is) then you will feel better and be happier.

You are right that when people you don't know very well make comments then it is harder to deal with - you're not likely to sit down with them and talk it through. I actually tend to feel sorry for these people. What on Earth is so bad in their on lives that they feel the need to behave in that way? How have they been treated in the past so that they react like this or so that they think it's ok to react like this? You don't need to solve it for them but choosing to feel sorry for them rather than hurt/upset/angry at them is far better for your mental health. If you spend your life being upset at all of the things other people do then you're going to be unhappy. If you try to help the people who behave that way or feel sorry for them or consider what you might do differently in a similar situation in the future so that the outcome is better for you (irrespective of who started it or whose fault it is) then you will feel better and be happier.

Yeh I agree it's more likely to upset you more coming from a stranger I guess .
Never really thought about it like that Weasey!!

I absolutely agree with you something clearly must have gone wrong somewhere for them to feel the need to do/ say something offensive to a total stranger .......

I'm the person that walks down the street and smiles at everyone regardless of size etc it's not something that bothers me I'm not small now and have been bigger . I know what it's like to have people stare at you and snigger is never want anyone to feel how I did !! Even now I get slightly paranoid that people snigger , I'm stronger than I was .... The worlds full of arrogant ignorant people unfortunately that look down on others for what ever reason ! It makes them feel good .... Why I have no clue ! Sad really isn't it

We just need to get on with it regardless of anyone else. You should be doing this for yourself no one else. Keep smiling and people will smile with you. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Weasey - if you're not already - you should be a diet motivator coach!! You're ace!! Xx

We just need to get on with it regardless of anyone else. You should be doing this for yourself no one else. Keep smiling and people will smile with you. :D Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

:)

Weasey - if you're not already - you should be a diet motivator coach!! You're ace!! Xx

LOL - hardly! I just like to live a happy life!

Why thank you kind munchbunch :) My husband has always said I talk alot!

Now that's not what I said :)

Your great t giving advice the forum wouldn't be the same without you here !! X

Back