Feeders

Mille

Hi just thought I'd throw this topic out there to see what people have to say....
Does anyone have friends or family members that are feeders and how do you deal with it ?

Mille
Start weight 16st 2lbs
Goal weight 10st

Ha ha ha... This made me chuckle! My friends call me a feeder because I'm always baking and making them eat it.. I say it's so they fatten up and I look thinner!

My oh is most defiantly a feeder !

Iv done this plan a few times he knows how it works he's the type the say oh it won't hurt to have this as a treat you have some well etc and so on ....... He made a stew at home and yesterday took it for tea for his clients
( who are all elderly ) lol !!

My mother inlaw is a major feeder she keeps buying all the things that got me in this state in the first place and then she buys me slimming magazines confused.com

Mille
Start weight 16st 2lbs
Goal weight 10st

My mother inlaw is a major feeder she keeps buying all the things that got me in this state in the first place and then she buys me slimming magazines confused.com Mille Start weight 16st 2lbs Goal weight 10st

Very strange indeed !! Why would she do that o_O

My mum is a feeder. When I was down to see her earlier this week she kept trying to get me to eat more than one protein meal/fruit/cake. She knows how this works but just can't help herself. It's because she wants to show her love through food so she gets quite annoyed when I refuse it. When I'm not on the diet but maintaining she gets quite insistant that I have cake when we go out for coffee. She gets really annoyed that I refuse it. I view it that the need to feed is her issue and not mine - whilst I'm happy to explain to her why I'm not having the food I won't eat it just because it will make her happy - this is about my health.

My husband is a feeder! He comes home with puddings, crisps etc. he has been very good since I started s&s though so hopefully we can break that cycle.

My mum is a feeder too. When I was growing up she used to feed me all the time and give me treats. I do believe this is why I am overweight in the first place. Won't make the same mistake with my kids

My mum was a weird mixture: kind of a feeder (ie you MUST clear your plate) but also a spectacularly bad cook. Evenings of liver poached in a casserole of water (I kid you not) until it had the appearance of black leather outside and the texture (and possibly taste) of green suede inside. We had to eat it. With burnt rice. Ack! She also (memorably) once boiled cubes of Spam with mushrooms for a couple of hours. I was reading 1984 at the time and thought she'd done it deliberately (Winston describes a meal very like that in the book) but no, it was her idea of a nutritious dinner, with boiled, translucent, wangy cabbage. Also for years I thought I hated chicken, because I'd only ever had it so overcooked it was like shredded string macrame.

Cooking kind of skipped a generation in our family, as her mum (my Oma) was a fabulous (very traditional) cook. I LOVE to cook as well (so being on a vlcd is sometimes v hard for me because no tasting of food while cooking :-( ) Is it any wonder that my sister and I developed very back-handed associations with food?

I am being very careful to give my two girls a variety of foods to choose from and never force them to finish if they are full. Always get complimented on the fact that neither of them is 'picky'. They will try anything!

My OH is a feeder. He gets in really late from work and then orders take away, orders my favourite and then eats it right next to me and then blames me for having no will power. Grrrrrrr

The problem I have is certain people want to keep me big so they have someone to indulge with and I get
Pretty spiteful comments when i am being good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The problem I have is certain people want to keep me big so they have someone to indulge with and I get Pretty spiteful comments when i am being good Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's rubbish you stick with it !! Z

I know how you feel I get grief from my friends for not drinking alcohol. I find it funny that they think you can't have a good time without it.

I know how you feel I get grief from my friends for not drinking alcohol. I find it funny that they think you can't have a good time without it.

I have exactly the same thing !!!

The problem I have is certain people want to keep me big so they have someone to indulge with and I get
Pretty spiteful comments when i am being good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

A friend of mine lost 5st this year on LL, and one of her friends completely cut her off because if it! Suppose people like that probably aren't worth the hassle in the end

A friend of mine lost 5st this year on LL, and one of her friends completely cut her off because if it! Suppose people like that probably aren't worth the hassle in the end

What kind of friend is that?! A true friend would have been delighted for her x

That is terrible !! Better of without them I say :)

Exactly what I said. I am very jealous of her, but in a good way as its given me the kick I needed to lose weight, I'd never dislike her for it, I can't even think why I would?

Just shows that some people have very odd attitudes to other peoples weight, and that when we are losing weight it's not just the battle with food we face, but the battle with other people too!

A massive battle with other people it's the negative comments people are just jealous that we have the guts to try this type of plan and they haven't it takes a lot to break the habit of eating when people think its easy they should try it but they won't they will stay negative people forever while we blossom into beautiful people. I'm doing this for myself no one else ..... Sorry rant over they just really pee me off

Mille
Start weight 16st 2lbs
Goal weight 10st

Think its healthy to be envious. You can be envious and still be a friend. Some people just have bad attitudes that we can do without. This diet is hard enough at times without other peoples negativity. A colleague at work lost a ton of weight on lighter life. Unfortunately she gained it all back and I swear some people were positively gleeful when she did x

Think its healthy to be envious. You can be envious and still be a friend. Some people just have bad attitudes that we can do without. This diet is hard enough at times without other peoples negativity. A colleague at work lost a ton of weight on lighter life. Unfortunately she gained it all back and I swear some people were positively gleeful when she did x

That's exactly the sort of people you could do without isn't it !!
I agree with the envious thing my friend is slimmer than myself looks great doesn't need to loose weight in my opinion but thinks she does , if she didn't I wouldn't be negative towards her id support her all the way ! X

Back