Feeding kids while on CD

jenibob27

Finding it hard and its only day one!!! How do you all manage to feed your families and not give in to the hunger/cravings?

Here's my main problem too. I don't want to give my daughter convenient processed meals.... but cooking for her is when I tend to cheat....

Glad im not the only one!!
Nearly had half a banana :rolleyes: Gave it to the dog instead.
Its amazing how much crap i put away without thinking,the hardest part will be breaking that habbit.

Say to yourself you could eat if you wanted to? You are just choosing not to and are choosing to have your shake /water / coffee instead so that in X months you can run around with the kids, get frisky with hubby, feel slim and healthy? It's a cognitive behavioural technique that trains you to think a different way... the brain likes repitition.. the more you repeat this the quicker your brain will start to believe it.

Say to yourself you could eat if you wanted to? You are just choosing not to and are choosing to have your shake /water / coffee instead so that in X months you can run around with the kids, get frisky with hubby, feel slim and healthy? It's a cognitive behavioural technique that trains you to think a different way... the brain likes repitition.. the more you repeat this the quicker your brain will start to believe it.
:thankyou: I know your right.Today has been pretty hard,but i'll be fine in a few days.Even better when i start to see some results :D

i too struggle with this..
i have found that cutting up a bar into pieces and having half at lunch time and half when i feed them at dinner. (they are not my kids but i am a nanny) i have also found that at lunch time if i have it with the kids its much easier. :)

i too struggle with this..
i have found that cutting up a bar into pieces and having half at lunch time and half when i feed them at dinner. (they are not my kids but i am a nanny) i have also found that at lunch time if i have it with the kids its much easier. :)

When im allowed bars i will try this :)
Feeling alot better today,yesterday was torture but things are looking up lol x

im the opposite... yesterday was fine, today is tourture. as im at work...
i wish i could just i could take the next 6 weeks off. and things would go a lot smoother!

im the opposite... yesterday was fine, today is tourture. as im at work...
i wish i could just i could take the next 6 weeks off. and things would go a lot smoother!

Aw no :(
Think its easier today as im at home by myself with the baby,my 2 older kids are at school so only have to do their dinner tonight.Dont really fancy the babys puree so im ok with my shakes :8855:
Hope you start to feel better!! x

I am just weaning my LO right now and it's a real problem as he doesn't swallow much (6 months old) and so we have a real wastage problem in our house. Its so hard as well not to accidentally lick my finger when it's covered in his stuff. Bleugh

I try and pretend to munch on things to encourage him and I worry if he doesn't see me eating, he wont' understand

I am just weaning my LO right now and it's a real problem as he doesn't swallow much (6 months old) and so we have a real wastage problem in our house. Its so hard as well not to accidentally lick my finger when it's covered in his stuff. Bleugh

I try and pretend to munch on things to encourage him and I worry if he doesn't see me eating, he wont' understand

I gave my LO half a banana yesterday,was hard not to eat the other half lol gave it to the dog in the end. I hadnt thought about my LO seeing me eat,but im having soups for dinner and using a bowl & spoon instead of a mug,so think that should be ok.

i think that as long as they see you do something like eating the soup, or drinking etc.. they will be fine...

well it's my main problem... well one of them anyway!! The weekends are esp hard when i have to make meals for everyone for lunch and dinner. With Sunday being a big lunch with a dessert. It just kills me... but it's one of those unfair things in life. I just have to worry i'm not overfeeding my family in the process

I just have to worry i'm not overfeeding my family in the process

Have you tried the "smaller plate" thing on your family?

Modern dinner plates are approximately 3inches wider in diameter than they were 30 years ago and as we tend to fill the plate dieticians say that often we are giving our families double and triple portion sizes.

They suggest using side plates instead for dinner as these are a much more appropriate size. It's a real shock when you start it but you get used to it really quickly and it saves money on food bills too.

A rule of thumb for portion sizes is the "hand" technique
-Meat portion should be about the size of the eater's palm without fingers(therefore a kids portion would be a lot smaller)
-Veg should be the palm an fingers
-Carbohydrate should be the size of the fist.

My sister found all this out when she was diagnosed as diabetic and saw a dietician.

Gg

I hate this too, what i have been doing this week (as its getting colder) is make a stew in the slow cooker during the day. When i get home i dish it out to them, then i either put the rest straight in the fridge for tomorrow, or squirt washing up liquid on it and wash the bowl straight away.
Whilst they eat, i go upstairs and tidy-up, or come on message boards.
If LO leaves some of his food, i chuck it in the bin like its 'infected'.

It was hard tonight not able to taste how nice the stew was, but im on day 4 and still got bags of motivation....week 4 will be a different story.

Great motivation Tammy! :)

I'm not sure how I'd cope if I had to cook for others.

LOL tonight while the kids were eating i went into my room and did my make-up lol.
Tonight has been hard,would normally have some choccy and watch the soaps :sigh: But its fine ITS WORTH IT I WLL BE SLIM!!!!

I live alone in an area where I don't know anyone and I allowed my weight to stop me joining clubs etc and getting out there to meet people. I moved back here from London to be able to go kayaking, horse riding etc. but instead got locked into the cycle of feeling self conscious so avoiding it then feeling lonely so then calling the takeaway.....it's been quite an experience not to reach for the takeaway menu over the last 5 days.

Back