Feel better already :D

well done guys!!! i find you all really inspiring...did you have your first weigh in yet? x

Well done Evans and Lesley. Great starts to both of you ! Lesley - we all have bad days. The important thing is not to keep going when you think you've 'blown it' and to look and see what you can do next time you are tempted. I am definitely having less bad days as time goes on by knowing where my weaknesses are (eg if I have a mini crunchie as part of my syns allowance, I need to make sure that I open and eat it when I'm nowhere near the rest of the bag, otherwise I think, 'I'll just have one more......') !

Joanna- how did you get on with the dress shopping ? And where is the butcher near you with the free sausages ?

Gail x

Thanks Gail :) I need to re-think breakfasts in winter so I can keep my HEB for later on in the day I think. I'm going to make some synfree rice pud and have that with muller & fruit instead of the oats so simple I've been having :D
Joanna - we both had good first weeks (last week) and it's weigh in 2 tomorrow so fingers crossed please! :p

Got the dress, fit into a size 12! Really happy!!! I replied to sausages on another thread :)

Well done girls!! Keep up the good work x

Yay I got a dress too, got it from simply be it's very nice !! My weigh in is on Thursday this week because I'm on nights until then so I thought it would confuse things!!

Great job on the 5.5lbs lost that's fab!

Keep up the good work.

Rick

Lol u nights messed my head up and the snow has trapped me in!!! So no wi for me this week I've got to wait until Monday now!! Ive got the works Xmas party tomorrow but I've got a nice dress so that should be nice. How are you xx

I'm fine thanks but eating too many S/W chips now I've discovered how to make them properly!
Are you going to be 'untrapped' ready for tomorrow then? I hope so! What's the dress like/ and more important - does it look good with wellies?? :p

Lol the snow is ok on the main roads but getting there is a task!!! My dress is nice it's from simply be it's black and cream!!

Well the Christmas party....
We had a lovely night at peckforton castle in Cheshire and a few consultants came from work. The drinks were flowing (a few too many sins!! ) I felt lovely in my dress and heels ( with being tall I'm normally a flats girl) after the disco we went unto this underground bar for some more drink and I got chatting to one of the consultants at work. The evening was going well!! Normally the dr in question only chats to his patients but may say hello to us nurses!!! Having had many one to many I had Dutch courage to have a natter with him. He told me I was a fantastic nurse (he'd also drank but I did think maybe he meant that!!) that he thought I would go far ( I was thinking I'm onto a winner here!!!) then out of nowhere came............... You could do with losing weight!!!! The cheeky *******!!!! I then felt awful I wanted to smack him with my shoe!!!!!! So my night was ruined really because of him god knows why I didnt say something back I think I was that stunned!!!
Sorry I've had to moan on here I am
Just fuming

:eek: How rude can you get!! I really cannot understand what gives people the idea that they have the right to comment on a person's weight - especially if they aren't particularly close to you! No wonder you were angry but it's a shame your night was spoilt by one t****r who should learn to keep his mouth shut! Mind you once a Dr always a Dr I suppose - isn't everything caused by weight and smoking! ;)

I agree with above. How rude. I suspect (from what you say) that he meant well but he really had no right (and he should know that). It is out of order. I'm sure that you don't make derogatory comments about him (you shirt is too small, too big, wrong colour, your hairstyle doesn't suit you etc etc) so he doesn't have the right to do that to you. Your comment about 'usually chats to his patients but may say hello to us nurses' says it all. Grrrrrrrrr.

DO NOT let it spoil what you have done and where you are going. You are doing this for you and people like that aren't worth the effort. I know it will have upset you (it certainly would have upset me) but you are taking control now and in a few months time he won't be able to say that to you. Rise above it and keep going.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Don't let one daft comment take you off track, take it on the chin and remember 'eyes on the prize'!

Rick

Thanks rick it hasn't taken me off track I just felt hurt that someone could be so rude. I love having a laugh and a joke and if I joke about mysel that's acceptable but it doesn't mean other people can make jokes

Back