Feel Cheated

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Cheekypasterfield, 14 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hiya is it me or do you feel cheated if you've planned a flex day or to have a high syn meal to only find out when you get it, its crap! I had a KFC at the weekend, I was really looking forward to it but when hubby brought it home the quality of the meal was awful. I did eat it as I was starving and there was nothing else in to make another dinner.

I felt so cheated, not only on the money I spent but also the syns. Then stupidly I had a creme egg and a homemade fairy cake with butter cream to make up feeling cheated (stupid I know)

I don't mind going off plan or having a flex day if its worth it

Rant over just had to write it down lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Yeah have felt many times that it hasn't been worth it often when I have a drink (alcohol) things don't taste the same any more either and what people think of as treats aren't really enough of a treat to waste the syns on!

4. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    hiyer, yer we've stopped by chinesse for this reason, the last couple we've bought have ended up in the bin. Have made the chowmein from the starter pack and had been much nicer.:D

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Oh yeah chinese is the other one! Can have a syn free chow mein and be fuller than one full of syns! Still enjoy my Indians though!

6. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I have pretty much given up on having takeaways for this exact reason. I used to very occasionally have a chinese (within syns) but it was always such a disappointment that it seemed like a waste of time when you can make something low syn or syn free that tastes much nicer.

I do curries from scratch now too. You can make it to the strength you prefer, and the one syn bhajis are absolutely gorgeous.

7. Freaky Deaky

Freaky Deaky Full Member

Oh yes, I know what you mean. Mine is pizza - I have a slice and think why did I do that? it just doesn't taste as good any more does it?

And yes, I feel totally cheated then too

8. fable

fable Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(34.03%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    whilest being off work last week i though id treat myself to foods that I've missed out on. went to skegness,bakewell,castleton, and a funfair so imagine what goodies were on offer. but to be honest had to talk myself into eating as it just doesn't taste right so most ended up in the bin. the only thing i enjoyed was a 99 ice cream. made me rethink what i have been eathing the last 9 months and finally realised what some one told me last year.sliming world is not really a diet just a new way of eating. been counting the pounds till i can eat normally again.last week taught me i already do.

9. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    oh yes i sooooooo know what you mean!!
    there have been a few times where ive looked forward to something for weeks then got to it and think urgh!!

10. mia_queenbee

mia_queenbee Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    all the time, i usually go out for lunch quite a bit with my sister and she always has my mouth watering with full fat stuff. so the other month i saved my sins and went all out and was atually gutted. it didnt taste half as good as i thought it was going too x

11. Gemmalina

Gemmalina Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(10.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never were truer words said!!

12. Bubbles1984

Bubbles1984 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I had a mcdonalds a couple of weeks back and was bitterly disapointed!!! Find myself missing my healthy versions of things! However my next flexi day...im going to have some fudge cake! I cant imagine i would ever be disapointed with that :p xx

13. wenchie

wenchie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(33.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I am so glad it's not just me! I had some bits from the chinese a couple of weeks ago (within my syns and planned for) and...:cry: totally not worth it and it left me feeling so thirsty.

The only thing I've found since I've been on plan that's really been worth it's Pickled Onion Monster Munch (10syns, because it's a big bag they come in) and even at that....

I had a lovely meal out yesterday (no chips, no pud) and the people I was with just flaked after dinner because they were all weighed down with food.. I was happy, comfy and still raring to go :rolleyes: . You're totally right Fable this is just normal eating!

14. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    It just goes to show how much your taste buds change when you cut out the crap fast food. I used to really love KFC, but now find it unbearably salty. One of the things I have been promising myself for a long time has been a BurgerKing Whopper with cheese, and hubby keeps asking me when we are going to have one. But I will be absolutely gutted to eat a 800 calorie burger only to find I dont like them anymore, so have put off the 'treat' for at least 3 months.

Indian food however, now thats a different story, but them its not really fast food is it. I think it does show how unhealthy all the burger/chicken/pizza fast food out there really is.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.