feel like giving up on red & green

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
As you all know, i posted up and said i was going to be doing Red & green this week, after my w.l has been oober slow and i was getting a bit complaicent with EE, However, i have completly ****ed this week up, and im gutted. I dont understand why im finding this so difficult, when i lost half my weight on it before EE came out.​

Mistake one - Philly extra light is HEB not A, Mistake2 - ryvita ORIGINAL is 2 for HEB not 5. and mistake 3, ryvita original crackerbread, is not ryvita wholegrain crackerbread?! I'm so made at myself, because it's silly mistakes like this, that add extra syns and now i feel all over the place, and i refuse to gain just because of silly HE's! I just don't understand why im getting this so wrong? My point was to vary my HEB as i always have alpen lights,..​

Should i go back to EE or should i stick it out. Feeling like iv really let myself down, and i really don't feel like my family are supporting me, maybe they dont appriciate that i still have some weight to loose, but im not getting any help whatsoever, and im starting to turn into a grumpy so and so :(

Help!!! xxxx :(

Hun, you have to do what ever you feel most comfortable doing. If you dont like red/green days then go back to EE. There is no point in doing a diet that you dont like or cant get on with as it will only make you feel crap. Im not great with advice but you just have to do what you think is best and that is most enjoyable for you x

Don't give up! So you made a mistake, you certainly haven't ****ed up! We're all human, and it's not as if you've scoffed a family size bar of cadbury's. None of the things you've mentioned will be particularly high in syns and if you're sensible for the rest of the week you'll probably be okay.

Philadelphia Extra Light is only 1.5 syns per 28g. If you had 85g thinking it was a HEB then that's 4.5 syns.

You can only have 2 ryvita original as a HEB if you want it as a speed food, otherwise you can have 4! So that's not the end of the world as you've only had one too many.

And the original ryvita crackerbreads are only 1 syn each.

So work out how many syns you'd had - I bet it's not THAT bad!

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's like going back to a foreign language after a few years, it takes time to get back into it! Do you remember how complicated it seemed when you first started? Why not do EE and just do one day of red or green at a time till you get familiar with it again? (I never got my head round M2M and SE.)

I don't think you have messed up!
Just count the syns and carry on.
Don't give up on it if it's what you want to do.
I, however, think that you should carry on EE if that is what you are happy with, even if it may be a little slower.
You are more likely to stick with what you enjoy more.

Don't worry hun, just get all the books out and leave them where they are handy. Check out everything before you eat it as to whether its HA HB or the syn value. Its sooo easy to make mistakes but at least you have realised now so won't be doing it again. You need to do which ever plan you feel comfortable on and that you can stick to, but that doesn't mean you cann't change if you fancy a different day does it. Nothing is set in stone that you have to follow a plan and never try another. If you have the food directory take it shopping with you (I feel a bit of a plonker sometimes standing in the supermarket checking foods out from it) but it is better to do it in the shop rather than guess, eat it and then find out you boobed.

Just go back to the books, follow the plans as if you were a novice and you should find the little mistakes will be ironed out. xx

No one can take away the amazing weight loss you've had. Maybe you are trying too hard to push to target. Relax, take it slow, go back to day one, plan out etc., and do which ever plan you feel comfortable with.

Take a deep breath and say "I can do this - I know how, and I will get to target, just relax"

Natt xxx

I have made a fair few mistakes as I am just doing it from home and only been at it a few weeks. So i count things wrong and then later find out on here that I did it wrong. I had counted philidelphia as a HEA a couple times and only discovered it wasn't yesterday lol!

But it was a few weeks ago and they didn't affect my weight loss so hey what you don't know can't hurt you as they say!!

Also to start with I used to be cheeky and sometimes count "Big" bread - 800g loaf slices instead of 400g - 2 slices as a HEB lol, but it didn't do me much harm since I am still eating way better than before.

So moral of the story don't worry too much from your mistakes and ESP if you are still loosing!

X

Hey everyone,

Sorry i han't been on, me & OH are housesitting for his sister and shes forgotten to give us the password to the wireless internet, so i havnt been able to get on..

Thank you so much for replying though, its put it perspective, and maybe i did over-react- a lil :p

Iv been good, or tryed too... and am trying my hardest to stick to it till wednesday, and we'l see what happens on WI on wednesday, im expecting to stay the same as i dont think its going to have made much of a difference, especially not with the extra syns and all.. But im trying and have made a few changes like swapping mullers to shape to give some variety, and my HEB. So we'l see.

I think your right, im pushing to hard to get to were i wanna be, and maybe this is were i should be.. maybe my bodys telling me that i dont need to lose anymore.. or maybe im just getting a bit too uptight and its giving me a lessson LOL

anyways, il update u wednesday. Thank you again :) much love x

Hey Huni...just reading your thread...believe me you havent strayed by a long way!!! As the others have said, just count up what you have had and move on...you will get the hang of it, it happens to us all, even the more experienced ones on here can still make mistakes!
Good luck for Wednesday and Im sure that you will be surprised!

hey chick dont you beat yaself up you have only gone over a little on syns and least there healthy things you have had,and the mistake with the phili,we all did the same last week with that cause we was all looking for it as an a so an easy mistake there,i get a bit peed with ee as mine seems to be slow but when i looked back at my red days i didnt even have a stone to lose this time its a stone and a half to 2 so no its not slower just i have more to lose,im gonna stick a red in tomorrow first time in 6 months but only cause i want a cheese sandwich at work i love ee and couldnt go back to doing red and green,if the weight is coming off why change something you love,yes it may be slower but least you will stick to it more if you love it

Thank you :)

I do enjoy ee, and its so easy, i just hoped by mixing it up a bit i might lose a pound or so as now its like half on half off, half on , half off.. its a pain being soc lose to target! x

Thank you :)

I do enjoy ee, and its so easy, i just hoped by mixing it up a bit i might lose a pound or so as now its like half on half off, half on , half off.. its a pain being soc lose to target! x

tell me about it im close to mine to and mines only coming off in halfs

Its a pain in the ass, iv lost 5 pounds in whole since i got my stone award back in febuary :eek: OMG, sometimes i think about it too much and can't belive ME, i have stuck this out LOL.. i used to give up when things got tough after loosing 10 pounds on previous diets haha.

Back