Feel like giving up

I made the vegetable soup and had its twice now, it's delicious (mainly due to the chillies I put in) but wow is it filling I only have a small bowl but I feel stuffed after!

Next attempt is cottage pie with peas and carrots in!

Try making a mixed bean chili - lush, filling & very tasty (freezers well too)
Fry off onion & red pepper, with garlic & chili powder
then tip in tin kidney beans, baked beans, butter beans & any other beans you fancy from the supermarket.
Then add 2 tins chopped toms, or 1 tin chopped tom & passatta (its cheaper than chopped toms)
then let cook slowly for half hour.

Great with rice or on jkt pot or on its own x

Hi Danielle, how's it going?

I always put courgettes into the meat/quorn mix and they add a lovely flavour. I cook them in really well so you can hardly tell they are there.

In curries I often stir in Spinach. I can't eat the stuff any other way.

A delicious soup is spicy butternut squash. I put chopped onion, diced butternut squash and a chopped apple plus some curry powder and some stock, oxo or whatever you prefer into a big pot and cook on the hob. When cooked I zap it with my hand blender and add a little water if too thick. It's the best soup ever. All my family love it and it makes loads.

Another way to get extra veg is to cook half butternut squash and potato together and then mash and use as you wish. You can also do this with swede and potato.

Hope that helps x

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

DanielleOD said:
I haven't had many superfree today as I normally do due to running out of fruit I've stocked up today ready for the week. I don't like vegetables.

For syns I usually have chocolate or they are used in my dinners.

My friend doing it is eating less than me and loosing loads :(

Have you tried sw creamy curry?

My daughter only eats carrots and she loved it!!

You cook a head of cauli in chicken stock. When the cauli is softened blend with a hand blender until creamy then add curry powder to taste. That's your base from there you can add your meat veg sultanas ect

You can't taste the cauli at all!! My daughter was very dubious but loved it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your getting some fab advice off everyone. Eat when your hungry dont be scared about eating too much. Natural yoghurt/fromage frais is a great source of protein if your vegetarian also quark.
Alot in Tesco, asda etc they have offers on fruit but they also have reduced stuff which is ideal with peaches and nectarines, bananas, pears. Etc as they're getting rid of them before they've even ripened just to sell them off. I also had a punnet of grapes for 80p reduced and they've been lovely and lasted a week, and what about frozen berries etc? Nice to add to cereal or yoghurt once defrosted.
Another thing, are you doing any exercise? Im doing slimming world online and theres great ways to track exercise and set yourself goals. (I think class members can access it too? Correct me if im wrong) I find exercise really helps me stay on track and ofcourse boots loss. Just some ideas xx

Hi Danielle, how's it going?

I always put courgettes into the meat/quorn mix and they add a lovely flavour. I cook them in really well so you can hardly tell they are there.

In curries I often stir in Spinach. I can't eat the stuff any other way.

A delicious soup is spicy butternut squash. I put chopped onion, diced butternut squash and a chopped apple plus some curry powder and some stock, oxo or whatever you prefer into a big pot and cook on the hob. When cooked I zap it with my hand blender and add a little water if too thick. It's the best soup ever. All my family love it and it makes loads.

Another way to get extra veg is to cook half butternut squash and potato together and then mash and use as you wish. You can also do this with swede and potato.

Hope that helps x

I've got the stuff to make this for lunch :) xx

Thank you everyone for all your tips and advice. I'm going to spend this weekend making lots of yummy dinners!

I've got the stuff to make this for lunch :) xx

H and A mumma hope you like it as much as we do. Let me know x

And DanielleOD hope you enjoy some of he recipes and ideas suggested for you x

Hi how much have you lost? I'm wondering if you are expecting too bigger loses since you have been on Cambridge?

Hope you are getting into it now :)

Back