Feel like I am eating to much to lose weight?!?!?!

sophie_mk

Hope you're all well. I joined SW on Tuesday and so far, I don't feel like I am even dieting.. getting a bit concerned that I have missed something... If this is really a diet then damn I wish I had found SW sooner!!

Today I have eaten the following:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, baked beans and 2 rashers of trimmed bacon (with any obvious fat removed).

Lunch: Was out and about so had 2 Alpen light bars (HEXB)

Dinner: Pasta with turkey, spring onions, sweetcorn, 1 large tbsp of low fat creme fraiche (6 syns) & 28g light philly with herbs (2 syns)

Snack: Muller light (p.s are they all syn free?)

Hi Sophie,

Welcome. Hope it all goes well. It is actually quite an easy plan to follow but although I wish I'd done it sooner, I don't regret it, because I don't think I was in the 'right place' in the place which I am now.

Sounds like you have made a good start. My main comments would be that if you are doing extra easy which I presume you are because you haven't synned the turkey (for green) or pasta (for red), then you need to try and increase the superfree foods. You should aim for 1/3 of your plate to be superfree. The rest can be either free foods or HEx's or syns. This is (I think) because although the free food is unlimited, it has calories therefore the 1/3 superfree rule helps to limit your intake. It is said that you should eat as much as you need rather than as much as you want (however I'm not sure that I always know the difference).

However, I would also say that I have been amazed at how much I can eat on this plan and still lose weight (as you are finding). I am a total convert !!

I'm sure some more experienced people here will be able to help more as well.

Good luck and welcome.

Gail x

I use the HEXA for tea every day, only have 3 cups a day which is under 250ml....

I realised today I hadn't had enough superfree, I will just ensure tomorrow is all about fruit and veg!

Porridge for breakfast using HEXA and HEXB
Huge fruit salad for lunch
then vegetable stir fry and noodles for dinner....
I'm hoping that will balance me out...

I had a good day yesterday I think..

Eggs and beans for breakfast (using 1tbsp sunflower oil 6 syns)
Packet of sliced roast turkey at lunchtime
Loads of strawberries and pineapple for dinner

HEXA - semi milk

Did you fry your eggs in the oil at breakfast - if so they are only half a syn per egg rather than the full 6 syns

Yes i did fry the eggs - thanks for that, I guess not all the oil was consumed but I didn't realise so counted the whole tbsp!

Won't be frying anymore, poached are much nicer anyway!!!

Ok, so i have just converted todays food to the green plan, the turkey i had was minimal - one turkey steak was split into 3 dinners (two for the freezer)!!!!!!!! And the bacon was thin and just the medalion section so again, not much (but not weighed)...
The alpen light bars i have calculated at 3 syns each....
Winding myself up a little here, I must not keep checking my scales as they are not budging! :(

Having looked at your diaries a bit more closely, I also wondered whether you were eating enough ? Try looking at some of the diaries on here for ideas. I'm sure I eat more than that !!! If you deny yourself too much, you'll end up going the other way. The beauty of this plan is that it's so flexible and 'normal'. So I would aim to have 3 proper meals per day. Although you need to try to have 1/3 superfree with each meal, it is best to have your 2/3 free foods with each meal too.

And try not to look at the scales in between ! It can be ok if you've lost, but as your weight varies quite a lot during the week, it can really put you off if you think you've not lost (or think you've lost loads).

I would also suggest trying to drink loads. It really seems to help me.

Keep posting though because you'll get plenty of help and comments.

Gail x

It doesn't look like you are eating enough tbh! Just fruit for dinner is measly, i wouldn't be able to keep your menu up for long :eek:

I am a novice too so feel free to ignore me but you might find that your weight loss is pretty slow if you are consuming too little, i have been a heffer and managed to lose 8lbs in 2 weeks (i mean i have scoffed!) ;) That's what SW is all about, you actually get to eat LOTS of yummy food and will still lose weight.

Good luck and welcome to the forum :D

Porridge for breakfast using HEXA and HEXB
Huge fruit salad for lunch
then vegetable stir fry and noodles for dinner....
I'm hoping that will balance me out...

I had a good day yesterday I think..

Eggs and beans for breakfast (using 1tbsp sunflower oil 6 syns)
Packet of sliced roast turkey at lunchtime
Loads of strawberries and pineapple for dinner

HEXA - semi milk

Hi Sophie, to be honest your meals aren't looking balanced or complete at all. Your breakfasts look ok but the rest of the meals aren't looking good - a packet of turkey isn't a meal.
Read the diaries on here, read all the plan info, stop weighing yourself and take a leap of faith. Trust the plan, eat proper meals and believe.
Have you read the post entitled Info for newbies which is a sticky above? Hang on I'll go get the link

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Got to agree with the others - you ain't eating enough.

I tend to have a huge salad/real meal PLUS a fruit salad, and a yoghurt (or similar) for my non-brekkie meals. Main meals are proper home cooked food, cottage pies, spag bol, curry, meatballs etc. If I'm struggling for my 1/3 superfree, I'll have a side-salad or a bowl of crunchy chopped salad veggies too (and will eat this first!)

Don't stand on the scales midweek. Only the consultant's scales matter. And then only on WI day. The rest of the time, they don't exist.

If you do want to continue eating like you are, please (a) take a multivitamin and mineral tablet as you're not getting all your necessary nutrients and (b) realise that although your losses will be great at first you'll get bored quickly and fall off the wagon, or your body will think it's being starved and will therefore slow your metabolism down. Neither of which is a very happy place to be in.

Back