Feel like ive failed :(

Jadeyxx

This is my second week on slimming world and had a family meal last night and a chef and brewer pub. I ate all the wrong things and must of had a 1000 syns! I'm absolutely dreading weigh in on Thursday and don't know how the hell I'm supposed to pull myself back on track. I feel like I've failed myself I was doing so great at the start :(

xxx

Try to not be so tough on yourself.

You've got 4/5 days to be on plan and that's loads of time to get a weight loss result. Make sure you have plenty of fruit/veg, have your daily syns and focus on getting a great result.

Life is for living, you just need to balance it with losing weight and enjoying family meals

This is where I've consistently given up in the past. It was a bad night. Today is a new day. Somehow we need to learn to put these episodes behind us and move on.

Please don't let it ruin the rest of your week.

Like everyone else said, it was one meal out of the twenty-one you have in a week. It might have been bad, but today's a fresh day - don't beat yourself up or try cutting your syns, you'll end up feeling deprived, guilty, and probably end up binge eating!

Remember as well that these things happen - bar shutting ourselves in cupboards until all the weight is gone there's not a lot we can do! Good luck hon xxx

Sometimes we expect too much of ourselves and then have a downer because we've 'let ourselves down' We are only human and unfortunately with that comes human failings. So relax and think of the positives.

You're aware of what happened and you are aware of what you need to do but don't let it make you miserable for the rest of the week. :)

You have a good few days left before your WI so draw a line under this and get back on plan from now.

Good luck for Thursday. :)

Hi hun,
Ive done exactly the same, my second weigh in is on weds, i went so off plan yesterday, i cant even manage two wks!

So down with myself, i keep reading everyones diary as i just dont know what to have... ive got 4 months till my wedding feel like canceling it :cry:.. This site is great though, so many nice people that are willing to help, i wish you all the best xxx

If your car gets a flat tyre, do you get out and slash the other 3 as well?
One slip doesn't make you a failure, just like one gain every now and then doesn't.. as long as you don't make a habbit of it and you learn something from the experience..

Hi,

I was the same last weekend. Draw a line underneath it all. It's a new day and a new start. Still plenty of time to get back on track. Think positive. x

Hey there,

I'm in the same situation but I refuse to give up. Put it behind you and keep moving forward.

Have a great week!

Coming from someone who has done SW more times than I can remember and who would often fall off the waggon and give up, don't be too hard on yourself!!

The way I see it, we still have to live and go out and enjoy ourselves so don't beet yourself up. We were at my parents last night and I did a similar thing but today I am back on track. Don't let one bad evening ruin you week! I'm talking from experience!

Don't be too hard on yourself - I know it's so easy to do but you can't. I could go on and echo the words of everyone here, but you have probably read them all now :)

I was off plan yesterday - it happens. I have done it before on the odd day but I just got back on it and carried on without thinking 'if I have failed on one day I might as well not carry on!' Thank god I didn't have that mind set, I am now 4 and a half stone lighter and continuing on my little journey (I still have 5 n half stone to go....)

I didn't gain all this weight overnight and won't lose it overnight (god damn it! :D) but I eat healthier, do more exercise than I have done over the last 10 years as it's become easier since losing the weight and the prospect of being slim and healthy keeps me going.

So in conclusion, don't fret, get back on it, and look through this website for some lovely food ideas to help you with some syn free foods for over the week. Good luck n if you need help just shout xxx

I had the exact same thoughts three days ago, nothing was going right and I ate ate ate. I thought about giving up, but instead (with support of here) let go of the day and got back on plan. And I still had a loss. You will move on from this, don't lose heart or hope

KB x

Thank you do much for all your lovely words :) your right I just need to keep going and stick to it. Going to squeeze in as much exercise as I can this week and hope for the best when I get on the scales on Thursday

xxx

Think of the week as having 7 beautiful flowers. If you had a vase of 7 flowers and one died, you wouldnt throw the rest away would you. You still have 6 lovely flowers to look after, you will do well next w i, just keep to plan and draw that line! Its sometimes hard but with support on here you will do this!:)

Back