Feel so weird after listening to Glenn Harrold....

A couple weeks ago I quit for 3 days using Nicorette nasal spray, then I started again on the Weds.:rolleyes: Bought Allen Carr easy way in easons. Have read about 80 pages so far.

How's it going then Lyn.

Touch wood I'm doing fine.

29 days Lyn, nearly a whole month. :)

I have been quit for nearly 13 months now and totally feel for you. Smoking is a horrible addiction that probably never leaves us and we have to be on our guards forever? Have you read Allen carrs book? That really helped me as well as internet forums.
You will quit again because once you have quit you can never be a comfortable smoker again...Hugs to you

YIPEE, I AM A NON SMOKER ONCE AGAIN!!!! and it feels great.:cool: How'd you find AC, snowy? I wasn't sure what to expect but kept an open mind.

Yay Lynn - well done. That's me 14 weeks fag free now. My Dad stopped last Tuesday and my sister stopped the Tuesday before. I think they thought Monday was too obvious. They're both on Champix too and doing marvellously! My whole family are non smokers now....... long may it continue.

Keep it up chick. xx

I'm chasing you Sherry, 33 days for me.

Well done Lyn.

I stopped June 2007 and never want to go through giving up again! I LOATHE the smell with a vengeance now and am glad of that as every time I smell someone who has been smoking I remember that I never want my grandson to think of me smelling like that.
One thing I will say is that if your other half says he can smell it on you, and he WILL smell it on you, don't try and convince yourself otherwise, he CAN smell it and they day he finds out you've been telling porky pies, he'll be very hurt. I found the pills you put under your tongue, that dissolve very slowly, helped me the best. I smoked 40 a day for many years and thought I'd never do it. You've done it once, you know that you can. Good luck!
I'm sorry if I sound severe, but this is so important for you!

One thing I will say is that if your other half says he can smell it on you, and he WILL smell it on you, don't try and convince yourself otherwise, he CAN smell it and they day he finds out you've been telling porky pies, he'll be very hurt. I found the pills you put under your tongue, that dissolve very slowly, helped me the best. I smoked 40 a day for many years and thought I'd never do it. You've done it once, you know that you can. Good luck!
I'm sorry if I sound severe, but this is so important for you!

I know you're right - he did ask me the other day and I told him a had one every now and again, but the fact is I now smoke every day and its krept up from about 2 to 8 in no time:( what are the things you put under your tongue called I think I will give them a try.

He'll love you all the more for quitting! The things to put under your tongue - can't remember the name but I got them in Boots - i asked at the counter where they give you advice. Nicorette? I liked them as they're discreet. Best of luck. One more thing, my Doc told me to exercise - I'm not at all into the gym etc so i took to walking. It's very hilly here and at first I thought I'd be sick! Now, I'm a gazelle! - better not exaggerate, but I am so much fitter and the walking has been just as important as the quitting.

Yeah the nicorette microtab. :eek: Tasted worse than gum lol. I relapsed on tues like a silly fool (called myself worse, believe me). I've smoked 45 cigs since 9am and its now 10.25pm, I don't believe I've ever smoked so many whilst sober.:eek::cry:It's made my asthma worse obviously, my inhaler had run out last night and my chest was tight, could hear meself wheezing when I went to bed.

I'll have to go back on the spray.:rolleyes:

Jeez Lyn, asthma and smoking, that's not good love.

Your going to have to stop love, you'll end up with COPD, I watched my MIL die from that, not nice not being able to breathe properly.

Good, keep it up love.

Good thinking love. I hope it works for you this time.

Keep it up. Every cigarette NOT smoked is a major victory for you. I've got everything crossed for you!

Back