feelin down!

Well this morning i was in a good mood, that was until i got to my mums and she started to tell me that she and my sister had been looking up ketosis on the internet and told me that it can cause heart/lung/kidney to pack up. I then went to my aunts where my sis tore into me sayin i was ridiculous to risk my health on a diet like this. I felt like crying when i left, i am trying so hard and just feel everyone against me. I know they are only looking out for me. Sorry for going on but i feel like packing it all in. xx

Oh hunny

Only you know what is best for oyu and your body! I am sure if something started to feel wrong you would pack it in immediatly and although they maybe right this is prob the most extreme cases that dont happen very often.

I know like you say they are looking out for you, my mum is the same but understands I am old enough to make my own desicions!!

You are quite capable of making descions for yourself and will know if something is not right.

Its hard, some people are jelous, some are over protective, but you need to do what makes you happy if this is making you happy then continue and maybe explain why you are doing this.

I sat down with my mum and explained that although I know there are other ways to loose weight they all include eating and I find it hard to stop or to eat the right things and that this diet is not a forever but while I try and sort those issues out in my mind then this is the best diet for me, I cant really "cheat" like you do on the other diets.

I hope you feel better soon and just think about how much you have to gain by losing!

Hun

Just think if all the illnesses that being overweight brings???????/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You can do it xxx

Your mum and sister need to understand that the ketosis you aim to achieve is being carefully managed and not to be confused with a similar worrying state experienced by some diabetics.

I saw a really good review of LL carried out by a doctor last year (this was an independent review and not commissioned by the diet) and she gave it a very positive response. LL is very similar to CD so it might be worth your while looking this up and printing it off for your mum and sister to see.

I am sure your mum and sister are just worried for you but at the end of the day you are a big girl now and You make the decisions for You.

If you believe this is the thing for you - go for it!

and another thing you can tell them is that this diet is years and years old, if it wasnt safe surely it wudnt be on the market

Back