Feeling a bit disillusioned to be honest

You could ask your doctor if any other medications you take might be affecting your blood pressure. I also had to take tablets for mine a few years ago but when I stopped birth control the blood pressure dropped down to normal even at my weight.

Dudette, just look how far you have come. This can only be good news. Stick with it girl and even if you can't come off the med (as others have said, there is more to high BP than weight alone) you WILL be healthier all round. As for wobbly, I'm the wobbliest wobbler since Mr Jelly. I've got 3kg to go and haven't lost anything since August 2009!!!! Perhaps a mutual kick up the a**e is in order.

Ok so you have had a little lull, but lass just look back or down and see where you have travelled from. Take a deep breath and move off and get where you wants to be dudette. Your example is keeping me on that best but not always easy road. You Can Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you... (I've been here for just over a year and a half!!!) and sometimes it all seems a bit too much... Too much effort, too much bother, too much syn checking,... just TOO MUCH!!! :cry:

I know that everyone has rightly mentioned the health benefits and the whole feeling much better effects of the weight loss so I am going to appeal to the thing that keeps ME going...

THINK ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!! :p:p

I know that you work in the under-paid/under-appreciated teaching sector, so know that money is scarce. So think about it this way.... :D

IF YOU GIVE UP NOW, YOU WOULD HAVE THROWN AWAY A WHOLE YEARS WORTH OF MONEY!!! (£198 and that includes having 4 weeks off as holiday!!) :eek:

I'm damned if I'm going to throw away over £198 and NOT get to target!!!!! Plus all the money I've spent on the magazine and Hi-Fi bars.... and damnit, I've even bought SCAN BRAN!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

We can do this... We can reach target (and never have to pay again!!!) :D

Come on now cariad bach :patback:

Don't chuck away all that hard work now.

You 'oldies' are a real inspiration to us 'newbies' and now it's time for us to give a bit of love and encouragement back :)

5 stone is absolutely a-maze-ing!!! That's an 8 year old child!!!

Don't lose sight of how far you have come :happy096:

:grouphugg:

How are you Sian.

Thinking of you,

hugs xxx

Hey Sian,
I'm one of the people for whom losing weight did not affect my blood pressure.
My BP is incredibly high and there is no reason for it whatsoever, I don't smoke, never have, I'm not on the pill, I don't have a lot of salt/processed foods, there's nothing medically wrong with me - yet my BP is something stupid like 160/110 which at my age it should not be.

I've been on tablets for about 6 years, started off with a very small 2.5mg dose which gradually increased to 10mg as my BP went up. A couple of years back this wasn't even touching the BP so I had to then take another drug (after a whole lot of tests and poking and prodding)

So, I completely sympathise with the taking tablets thing. I HATE it with a passion. However, they keep me from having a stroke (so the doc says) in later life and losing the weight has had lots of other benefits too.

Don't lose weight just to get off the BP medication, chances are you won't, but you have done incredibly well hun, don't lose sight of that.

*big hugs*

Hello my lovely - thought I hadn't seen much of you around lately (and with 5 stone gone, I mean that in more ways than one!)

Does your GP always use the same BP monitor? I know that there's one at my Dr's surgery that always reads wrong - perhaps you could ask for it to be re-read, or ask him/her to check your hospital records to see that it reads differently on another monitor?

I have been losing much more slowly than I was, and this was the pattern last time I lost with SW too. Lost well for the first 6 months, then messed around putting on and taking off the same stone for the next 6. It's hard once the 'newness' of it all has rubbed off, but can you honestly say that even if your BP is not registering your weight loss, that you don't feel better overall? I know I do!

Stick with it hun...we're all in this together! xxxx

Hello all! You must think I'm very rude not replying to all your lovely posts. School has been hectic this week - marking galore! :(

I really am touched by the kindness shown to others by all members of Minimins :) Your lovely posts have really lifted my spirits, and I'm feeling a lot better about things now. I'm always going to have good weeks and bad weeks, but as long as the good weeks outweigh the bad weeks then that's got to be a major positive! Hopefully this philosophy will get me through the bad patch i'm having at the moment, and help me back on my way to losing weight :) xxx

You can do it Sian. You know you can and the important thing is, it does not matter how long it takes. It is not a race.

Back