feeling a bit low.... support needed???

xjessxdunnx

:( well ok I kept me doing exante from my mum and sis... (I live with my mum and she supported me on CD) my sis went mad last time I done CD and now she found an empty shake pack in my room... my mum knew I was lying as I kept saying I was eating etc.. and apparently my sis is fuming... what do you do with unsupportive people especially your family? my mum is ok about it though just because I lied I suppose

I dont know how old you are but assuming you're an adult I dont see why it's anyone's business what you're doing, as long as you're not endangering your health, which you're not. They dont have to like it but they shouldn't have a say in how you choose to live your life or lose your weight.

haha yes im 22... im not a teenager!! :p but yes shes like oh you think its safe and healthy do you? mate if they weren't healthy they wouldn't be around!!! im so angry and annoyed and I don't want it to knock me off track but how can I even face my own sister now!

Hi jess,
Know how u feel my mum is against vlcd but I dont live with them so can hide it.
She has invited me round Sunday for family meal as sister visiting (she isn't local) I don't know what to do if I don't go she will be annoyed, of I go and tell her I'm not eating as on exante she will b annoyed!
Use there anger at you as motivation to show them it is healthy and when you loose the weigh you want to you'll b happy Goog luck x

it is really hard but you kinda just have to tell them that you need their support.. its what works for you and without their help they will be making it harder for you!

Ive just ordered my shakes to start again on Monday and my Fiance isnt happy about it but as I said to him i know the diet works for me because its so strict and i need his help not his judgements!

aww good luck! you seem to have dieted a lot how do you find exante? im day 7 still in shock at how im not hungry :/ I had a dr.pepper zero today but my belly feels very rumbly this evening!

I've only done TFR twice, on my last go I switched over to the new you plan halfway through as a friend gave Me her supplies as she couldn't do it!

I found exante great! But tbh I found all 3 diets pretty similar and didn't notice too much of a difference! Although when I did exante I didn't know that the zero drinks were allowed!! Lol I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet though... I think it might make me crave sugars and sweet tasting things more?

You can only drink some diet drinks - avoid citric acid or it'll knock you out of ketosis.

Jess- it's your body and your life... Tell them you're doing it and please support you! I'm nearly 40 and my mum isn't happy with my choice of diet either. I think mums just worry! My daughter also thinks it's stupid :D

Well i read the drinks you can drink and it says dr.pepper zero so i think im ok well i hope so dont think im knocked out of ketosis mind you i cant even tell if im in ketosis haha thabk you its horrible to think weve fallen out over it

Hi Jess

Sorry for the late reply but I was just reading your post. I hope that you are feeling better about the situation??

Someone far more clever than me gave a piece of invaluable advice when I did LL. what people family and/or friends say to you about being on a vlcd is nothing about you, it is about them. Your mum is afraid that you will become ill or worries about your health because she loves you. You can't change her but you can educate her about the programme. Please forgive me for being too familiar but is your sister bigger/slimmer and older/younger. The reason I ask as it would explain why your sister has reacted so dramatically.

When I lost my weight originally my thin friends felt threatened and bigger friends felt that I had betrayed them. My sister didn't like that I was slimmer as I had always been bigger than her. My mum couldn't relate to me being thinner as she then had no higher ground to scoff at. I am sure your family are not like mine but I just wanted to highlighted that people react so dramatically when they see you looking slimmer and come into your own.

Keep strong xxx

Back