Feeling a bit useless!

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
Been on SW for 8 weeks and think i've either hit a plateau, or the plan isnt working for me this has been my weight loss so far.
week 1) -3
week 2) -1
week 3) -2
week 4) sts (xmas)
week 5) sts
week 6) -1
week 7) +1
week 8) sts
didnt think i would get stuck so soon after just a few weeks? i've had a few bad days but count as syns and reign myself in the next day.

I've been doing it all myself online so far and havent trusted myself to try extra easy without someone explaining it all to me first. BUT i am going to class for the first time tomorrow morning so im going to start all afresh! was looking forward to learning about extra easy - but now im not sure after reading some of the threads on here about it! no harm trying tho eh?

i enjoy the plan, im so impatient because im just so desperate to shift the baby weight, want to look in the mirror and see the real me again:cry:

Would love to hear if anyone else has been in similar situation and got through it ;)

The plan obviously works for you as you had great losses when you started, have you still got your food diaries from when you began so you can see what foods you were eating that were working for you? I find it best to write everything down and be brutally honest - if I don't put it all in a food diary then it's too easy to stray or think oh that won't hurt. Joining one of the 100% challenges on here might help, not sure who's doing one at the moment but worth a look. Hope things improve for you, it's so frustrating when you try your best and don't see the results. x

Don't be too despondent because you have lost and you have had christmas in those 8 weeks which is challenging. So I think you've done really well. Going to class sounds like a good idea - a new start and a bit of incentive. The EE plan should be explained so you will feel ready to give that a go. The main thing is that you are enjoying the plan - if you weren't then I'd say maybe rethink but if you enjoy it and you are losing then stick with it. The loses may be slow but I'm sure with a new incentive and trying EE it will speed up. I do it online and the lack of face to face contact can sometimes be hard. I don't find any of the site very easy to use.
I know what you mean about the baby weigh. I'm trying to lose mine too! It's so hard when you have a new tiny baby to look after but after the hard work of pregnancy and childbirth you just want to feel and look like you again. It's hard to stay focused when there are so many other demands on your time and energy. You will get there. Try going to class for a few weeks and doing EE and see how you get on. Oh and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Good luck.

normally if i go like that i have kinda got a wee bity lax, like for example to start off with i measure all my milk properly and hextras exactly etc then after a few weeks i normally start guessing milk etc and adding on another extra syns without realising i'm doing it. My consultant always says measure all healthy extras, and go back to basics, eat less processed foods etc like packets of pasta and sauce. How many syns have you been having, if you have the full 15 maybe it is time you cut down to 10 or 12 and see how it goes, hope this helps and don't give up you can do it xx

yes, i suppose i do get a bit lax with milk, sometimes i measure it into a jug every morning then sometimes i just think well im not going to go over just drinking it in tea so whats the point in measuring?!
you are right i need to re-assert(sp?) myself! and yes i do normally end up between 10-15 syns:eek:

new start tomorrow & im thinking positive! with an aim of 2lb a week loss (or is that too optimistic?) i should hit target by September! and thats roughly the time i wanted to start work on baby no.2 so that'll work out well;)

Hi Amy

Huge hugs. You are doing really well. Maybe going to class will give you that little bit of personal help and support you need.

BTW - congratulations on having had your little girl on such a wonderful day (guess when my birthday is :) )

ah thanks sue lol she was born at 11.37pm so only just the 19th! she was due on the 20th but there was no way i was going to hang on for another 23mins or so:8855:

well i went to my first class this morning and am full of motivation again! their scales are 2lb less than mine which also made me feel better, and yep i know that means i was heavy than i thought to start with. oh well!!:D

Your weight will go Hun, but you will need to write down everything that you eat in order to keep on track.
Measure everything that you need to as otherwise (if you dont drink eat the right amount) it will become syns instead and you could be going over your allowance without realising it.
Congratulations on Baby...I had mine 3 years ago and still trying to loose the weight! (only due to messing around and not making the effort!).

Back