Feeling crap

Lissy25

All day I've felt kinda spacey, like I'm off in my own dream world and now I've suddenly been woken up by a massive headache, I have done some glossing in the kitchen (that still smelled of my OH and daughters dinner... BBQ chicken and chips) which is what I'm blaming it on.

Another thing is suddenly all LT products are tasting revolting and today I've had to force them down and brush my teeth after every pack, I still have 1 to go which I've been putting off :(

Lissy xx

Forgive me for being ignorant doll but how long have you been on the diet now? x

Hang in there babe! The first week on LT is the worst. Just pamper yourself. Feet up....tv on....water in hand. Next week gets better. I had migraines, dizziness and flu like symptoms all in the first week. But they will pass.

Right, well therein lies your answer honey. Week 1 sucks arse. Sorry for being crude but it really does. Some are lucky and breeze through it but most of us mere mortals (;)) suffer for the first 7 days. You seriously have to hang in there and wait for the ketones to arrive. Once they hit town you'll feel a lot better. You'll also be closer to your first WI - how exciting!! :D

Distraction is the key. Well, that and routine - I swear by routine at the moment. Keep yourself busy throughout the day and have your shakes at regular intervals. If it helps split them in half and have six each day rather than three.

And last but of course never least, use us. Minimins is such a fantastic site for support and advice, never mind the arcade section which is guaranteed to take away hours of your life ;)

Chin up, keep focused and take it a day at a time. You'll get there honey.

The open window has cleared the paint fumes so my headache is easing which is good

Seriously considering taking all the LT stuff back and trading it for Chocolate shakes though

My daughter has been teasing me all day, she's only 3 and has no idea about my diet but when she had chips for dinner she tried offering me 1 which was cute, later on she had a bag of hula hoops, stuck 1 on her finger and made a noise like an aeroplane and circled the hoop to my mouth ^.^

Lissy xx

If you want to swap all of your shakes then do so. I have 21 chocolate each and every week and it suits me fine :) It's all about finding what is good for you. Cheeky little one you've got there but there's not a lot you can do as she is so young. x

The open window has cleared the paint fumes so my headache is easing which is good

Seriously considering taking all the LT stuff back and trading it for Chocolate shakes though

My daughter has been teasing me all day, she's only 3 and has no idea about my diet but when she had chips for dinner she tried offering me 1 which was cute, later on she had a bag of hula hoops, stuck 1 on her finger and made a noise like an aeroplane and circled the hoop to my mouth ^.^

Lissy xx

21 Choc shakes for me too! And I'd ground that child till she is 18!!!!;)

hey lissy,
im just coming to the end of my first week on L/T and can totally simpathise with you. for the first 3/4 days i suffered from headaches / migraines 24/7 and had no energy to do anything. im on day 7 now and can honestly say i feel great, i no longer get the headaches and hardly ever crave food.
stick with it flower, im sure it will all be worth it in the end.
good luck x

Yes, I can only agree, I'm on day 12 and this time last week I was in a right state. If you have to take your bed or have a bubble bath everyday, do it! It's worth it, YOU'RE worth it, this is something that can change your life completely, it's worth being uncomfortable for a few days.

Trust me.:D

Thanks all, I'm feeling much better this morning. I still have a headache but I'm coping. Bed times seem to be the worst for me and as soon as the morning comes I feel ok again.

On the upside I've noticed a few changes already must be all the water but my skin doesn't look so yellow anymore and my face looks a lot clearer

Lissy xx

Well done...you'll get there. The 1st week is hell, I moaned and groaned on here to the point I thought I'd be barred!!!
Day 10 today and feel normal-well if thats possible(don't ask hubby)
Keep it going girl!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm ok at the moment, haven't had any lt stuff yet, Thanks for asking

Off to B&Q soon I need a roller to finish painting my kitchen ;)

Lissy xx

have you not had a shake yet??? you really should have one hun, its almost 2pm. to be honest, i have not long had my first one, but we should defo be having them earlier. try and get one down before you go b n q xx

I blended my strawberry shake this morning with lots of ice, which chilled it so much I didn't even notice the taste - that might be worth a try! Failing that, I'll be using my herbal tea method: I don't like herbal tea, but sometimes have to drink it, and if I hold my nose while I drink it and swallow, it's much easier! Looks strange, but tastes better! :p

I hope things are improving. Last night got a bit rubbish for me, and I'm pretty much expecting the same today, so I'm trying to get as much as I can done now and tonight I'm just giving up and going to bed!

I had an awful day yesterday, for some reason I thought it wouldn't be a problem for the boyo to go the farmer's market and indulge himself as he does on the one day he gets off when he has to work a 13 day fortnight. I'm not even gonna go into the food he cooked (all our favourites) and there was nowhere to go as the flat is so small and I had so much housework to do. Really I was just making excuses. He's also sceptical about LT and thinks I'm gonna get ill so I didn't want to just go to bed either. I had a forkful of spag bol. I'd also just found out that the curry powder I'd been using to make the chicken soup lovely (from some advice on here) had sugar and salt in it. Started worrying it'd stop me going in ketosis. :cry::cry: So all in all, awful day.

But today I'm doing much better, drinking water like a fish. Visiting my parents and sister and staying upstairs while they eat roast beef and yorkshires with rhubarb crumble for afterwards. I'm surrounded, unfortunately, by people who can love food and still be entirely in control of it, something I'm aiming for long term.

Day 3 completed and last night was so so hard, I was really craving Pasta and Bread if my OH hadn't been there I probably would have eaten a full loaf and bag of pasta, I finally fell asleep and dreamt I ate 2 toast and 2 double turkey sandwich's!

Every night I tell myself I can't do it and every morning I feel like a silly cow for being so dramatic.

Lissy xx

I'm another who had the spaced out feelings.......... like I was on the outside looking in if that makes any sense. Also a little disoriented but that didn't last long. And trust the girls and guys on here, it will pass, I'm on day 8 today and feeling fab. It got easier for me at day 4 and it will get better for you too.
I disappeared upstairs for the first 3 days when the family were scoffing, laid down with a good book and a bottle of water, and only came down once they had all finished AND scraped plates so no temptation in the leftovers lol

So hang in there, you can do it :)

Back