Feeling demotivated :(

fee79

Hi everyone

I am week three day 5 and am feeling really down. I have been 100% which has been hard on my bday and anniversary but determined not to go off plan. I have only lost 11lb. Now I know that is a lot but people lose that in week 1 and I seem to be getting low numbers every week. 6lb week 1, 3lb week 2 and 2lb week 3. I have seen others losing 10lb week one and 4lb a week thereafter and they are lighter than me so its not as though its because they have more to lose. I am worrying I will not achieve anywhere near 1 stone a month and then I will do what I always do and quit because my goal weight seems so far out of reach. I am sorry for having a moan :(

Hi everyone

I am week three day 5 and am feeling really down. I have been 100% which has been hard on my bday and anniversary but determined not to go off plan. I have only lost 11lb. Now I know that is a lot but people lose that in week 1 and I seem to be getting low numbers every week. 6lb week 1, 3lb week 2 and 2lb week 3. I have seen others losing 10lb week one and 4lb a week thereafter and they are lighter than me so its not as though its because they have more to lose. I am worrying I will not achieve anywhere near 1 stone a month and then I will do what I always do and quit because my goal weight seems so far out of reach. I am sorry for having a moan :(

believe you me I have felt the same way about my losses, others seem to get whopping great numbers but mine so far have been small, we seem to always fall into the same trap of comparing ourselves with others and that's never any good. You need to focus on the fact that the scales are still going down, and will continue to go down if you stick with this and if you quit that goal weight might be even more out of reach than it is now.

If having a moan about how unfair it all is does you good keep on, I enjoy it myself :D

You have done really well btw! week 3 and 11Ib is awesome

I've never had huge numbers but I kept at it and shifted nearly 6 stone. That's 6 stone more than I would have done on any other diet.

It doesn't matter what anyone else does. You are lighter than you were 3 weeks ago and in 3 weeks time you'll be lighter than you are now. If you follow the programme you will lose your weight and be at goal. Noone can control their body and how much weight it will lose - we are all different. (I keep telling my body to use up the fat on my tummy - but will it listen to me?!) All I can say is that it does change over time so stick with it. You've gotten through some difficult occassions - if you can do that then you can follow this to goal and get to where you want to be at last - how fantastic is that?!

I am a slow loser. It gets me down, and the only reason why is because I keep comparing my losses to other people who have bigger losses. It really doesn't do us any good to do this :( in some cases it could even make one fall off plan... it hasn't me so far because I am damn right determined to get this weight off. When I'll finally accept I'm a 'slow loser' and others must be more lucky than me I have no idea. I'm now 8 weeks in and I do it every time I weigh in, but hey ho I'm still sticking to plan so that's one good thing!

It's hard I know but try not to compare yourself to others, it will definitely help.

Another thing is if you aren't already, weigh in once per week. I have been weighing in once or twice during the week and that makes me less happy with my overall loss throughout the week. I find if I weigh in just once per week I feel better about my loss that way. I went and weighed in today, 2 days after my oficial weigh in and guess what? it wasn't a good idea! lol.

11lb in 3 weeks is great! You're only 3lb away from your first stone lost how awesome is that and you could achieve that by your 4th week weigh in.

Thanks everyone, I am sorry for having a moan. I should be happy at my losses and your absolutely right as long as the scales are going down I should be happy. I will just have to push my target date out and hope to have reached it for my holiday on the 12th October. Thanks again for all your support xx

Hi fee79, no need to be sorry. I understand where you are coming from so understand your initial frustration when making this thread. We are only human after all and of course things can get to us sometimes.

I originally wanted to lose 3 stone by June (12 weeks after starting) because I was convinced I would lose a stone a month, but I have now had to add a few extra weeks to that date.

You can do it! xx

Hi everyone

Hi fee79, OMG!!!. I was thinking exactly the same as I have just lost 11lbs in three weeks too!!!. I honestly believe that its the carbs in it. Some people are affected by the carb amount. If i looked at a slice of bread or potato, I put on weight.

On lipotrim, I lost 18lbs in the first month and i believe this was because it was a liquid diet.

All that said, I am losing weight much more comfortably this time as i can eat and it's not torture!!!

Think of it this way..... the slower we lose weight the less chance of saggy skin, hopefully.

I was feeling the same hun, but slow and steady its coming off. Try not to compare with other people I know easier said than done sometimes!!

Hang on in there, it will be worth being good for Xx

11lb in 3 weeks is great as the others have said, as long as the weight is coming off. It's not a race, doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you pass the finishing line :)

Back