Feeling Different

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
Its really hard to try an discribe what I mean, but im feeling really different.
My clothes are loser, but I refuse to buy new ones due to not fully acknowledging the size I am now. ive never been the size I am, until now.

Im seeing parts of my body i dont think ive ever seen :8855:I just feel wierd. Anyone else feel like this?

I know what you mean. I go through days of different body parts suddenly seeming different to me too. When I first started losing weight I was amazed at how quickly my calves slimmed down, I'd got a pair of boots that I'd bought but couldn't fit into (and was going to sell them because I thought I never would!) and it was surprising how quickly they fit. Now my calves feel too fat again because I seem to have lost weight from other places instead of there. I'll have one day where I'll think my arms look better, then another day where it's my bum, etc.

One of the big things I noticed a few weeks ago was being able to see that I have bones at the top of my chest (that sounds weird!). They're not prominent or anything, but if I move in the right way I can notice that they're there, and I don't remember them ever being there before :8855:

I've still got a way to go but I don't think it's quite sunk in with me yet how much weight I've actually managed to lose? The physical changes take a long time but I think that mentally getting used to it will take even longer.

im glad i didnt sound like ive totally lost it!!!
i feel like that too. Somtimes i feel im deluding myself that ive lost anything at all, with the only thing reminding me id that my old clothes no longer fit me. I can feel my collar bones (those bones at the top of your chest!), and i can see them, I can feel my hip bones, even when im standing up, its things like this im still really trying to adjust too.

i think the newest one was, when i mentioned to someone it feels like i wiggle my bum when im walking, ive been told I dont but all it is is that i can feel my hips moving and my bum working when im actually walking.. Strange!

i dont actually feel that, i've lost more than 50 pounds, however when i look in the mirror i feel more or less the same
the only thing i definitely notice is that i can run much faster and much more when i do sports, also the cloths is so so much looser, i used to think the dryer must have shrunk my clothes!

One of the big things I noticed a few weeks ago was being able to see that I have bones at the top of my chest (that sounds weird!). They're not prominent or anything, but if I move in the right way I can notice that they're there, and I don't remember them ever being there before :8855:

No, that doesn't sound weird at all Rigby because that's the thing that I've noticed recently!! Suddenly my upper chest feels quite bony, it's weird!

You seem to go through phases of noticing something different. A few weeks ago I noticed that my face suddenly seemed different and a few people commented on it, so it must have been as it slimmed down. Before that I could feel my hip bones whereas they'd previously been covered by my love handles ;)

It's as you say though with your calves, what has seemed slimmer can then suddenly seem large again. My stomach used to be huge and it slimmed right down. Now my stomach feels to be the fattest bit of me again. It's probably because my backside and legs are getting thinner. Oh, I don't know. It's peculiar!

Somtimes i feel im deluding myself that ive lost anything at all, with the only thing reminding me id that my old clothes no longer fit me

If you've lost it then I have too, I feel like that so often. I even end up thinking that maybe the scales are faulty or that maybe my clothes have stretched :8855: Deep down I know I've lost the weight (I can't always see it in the mirror, mind you), but there are little niggling doubts that creep in about whether I'm imagining it all :eek:

The only thing i've really noticed is that i'm not getting lower back pain anymore where i've lost weight on my bum, i'm not kidding you when i say it was huge and i suffered terribly with lower back pain. I dug a hole for a pond this weekend without any pain, 4 weeks ago i couldn't have done that as i would have been in severe pain and on co-codamol. My mum says i look heaps slimmer and i also won't buy clothes, i'm just going to put some darts in my jeans to take them in.

hey sparklebug, i get back pain when i have a belly which is now:( getting rid of it over the summer so bye bye pain i hope:)

Back