Feeling Disheartened

kenye

I was on mini-minis today and I commented to my colleague how encouraging it was to see people lose so much weight.

She then asked me what my reasons were for losing weight and what diet I was on. I said CD.

She then went on to say 'oh I lost a stone in two weeks with CD BUT she went on I put it all back again when I started eating solid food. She continues her jaws were locking coz she wasnt eating' and says oh I wouldnt recommend that type of diet to any one coz its expensive and it doesnt work.

It was so discouraging to listen to this. Please need some support.

Don't be discouraged hun. She did it for 2 weeks!!!! and then probably went straight back to her old habbits. Didn't even bother working up the plans. She's jealous because you're doing something well that she failed at from her own doing.

Just dismiss what she said and stand back and be amused at the lengths people will go to to throw you off track.

Big hugs xxx

I was on mini-minis today and I commented to my colleague how encouraging it was to see people lose so much weight.

She then asked me what my reasons were for losing weight and what diet I was on. I said CD.

She then went on to say 'oh I lost a stone in two weeks with CD BUT she went on I put it all back again when I started eating solid food. She continues her jaws were locking coz she wasnt eating' and says oh I wouldnt recommend that type of diet to any one coz its expensive and it doesnt work.

It was so discouraging to listen to this. Please need some support.

Have a look around this site and read the success stories for yourself. As Sunshine says she's probably jealous because you are doing better than she did. Obviously you will put weight back on if you don't change your eating habits and go back to your old ways after loosing weight. That's why going up the plans is so important on CD, to re-educate yourself about what you should be eating. Everything in moderation and all that.

Keep going you are doing really well. You will be slim and healthy in no time.

Thanks for the support. Its really annoying the lengths people would go to sabotage others. But I will keep on more determined then ever.

Hi Kenye, as they have said above this diet does work but if you don't follow it all the way to the end and work up the steps then maybe not. If you lose weight and then go back to eating the same way you did before you started then of course your going to put it back on.

You colleague thought it was a quick fix and failed, you are doing it properly and she doesn't like it. Keep at it hun, we all know this works. Zoe xx

Jaws locking??First time I've heard of that happening :D She's probably just jealous cos she didn't stick to it.

Stay away from this person as much as you can........they say some people can be 'toxic' she sounds like one of them!! Keep looking at the stories and pictures here, read the threads on all the stages..ss ss+ all the way up to maintenance. Your colleague did it half A*sed and she is trying to bring you down too. Keep going ...best wishes.

definately toxic company! i did CD before and put on alot of the weight id lost BUT i know 100% that it was my own fault! I split with my ex and although the outside world didnt know what was going on in my head, i turned to food for comfort and ate what i wanted when I wanted (im definately an emotional eater). However, if I had worked up the plans properly (i only worked up to 1000 plan before) Im sure I would be a lot happier. This time I have a deal with myself, that I will work up the plans and then join slimming world to maintain and lose a bit more of my weight slowly... stick with CD...it does work, I know i regained my weight but I wouldnt be putting myself through this again if I didnt acknowledge that i only regained the weight because of my own stupidity!

Like everyone has said, she seems jealous :( Although the diet IS very effective you're only ever going to get out what you put in. It sounds like she didn't really take the diet seriously and certainly didn't bother with any maintenance. Just look at the losses that people post in their signatures for encouragement, and there's also some really good success stories of people maintaining their new weight.

It's so awful when people try to burst your bubble but unfortunately it's a common coping strategy for a lot of jealous peeps! Boo to them all and stick with it as long as you want to!

Back