Feeling down, does anyone wanna restart with me?

Hi Guys,

Started this morning at work with a tetra at 9am then another at 1pm. I left work at 4pm and found myself pathetically thinking of excuses to give my dh and family as to why I could have something to eat tonight, I know Its ridiculous but I felt like an addict making excuses so that i could eat! I havnt even finished day 1!!

I know its pathetic and I feel ashamed of myself like a scavenger thinking of excuses to break the diet already to eat and start 'another day' as we all know tomorrow never comes.

Did anyone else go through this? x

Yeah all the time.....I just moved to a new place and i kept thinking........well i need to meet people and i need to drink at work functions to be social and basically my social life revolves around food.
Your not on your own hun. Last week i went through the same and after reading Icemoose's post on the types of people who do cd....i completely changed my outlook and ive found this week incredibly easy.
Basically Mike said that there are two sorts of people who do a vlcd. THose who think its a prison sentence and have the urge to cheat and those who CHOOSE not to eat and lose weight. You can eat at anytime but you dont want to. Promise.....it will get easier........The first week is hard work.
Taz x

I do know exactly what you mean. I think it's just habit. We women have to organise meals and what everyone eats all the time so what you felt was just instinct!

I am on SS plus which means I can have a small meal each day. I am finding that it helps keep me on track so far - it's only my second day though. I am sat with OM waiting for my fish and broccoli to cook. Keep strong!!

Deb :girlpower:

Im ashamed to say I cheated and ate leftover disgusting pizza from last nights last supper. I am not going to keep wasting my packs as I really cant afford it, im gonna do a few days low carb and cut out all the rubbish so that im not shaking and having killer headaches after 1 day.

Im so sick, today I just feel numb Im sick of going on and on like this

Now or Never, you can do it. Your head needs to be in the right place. I was like you when I started but then something just clicked. If you can manage until 4pm it shows you have will power so you can get through the first day. Take it one at a time. You will have days when you feel like giving up but once you have seen the initial weightloss it spurs you on. However, I will be honest it isn't all plain sailing for us all on CD, for some it is but try and see that as inspiration and motivation not at you failing.

I don't really know what to say - just wish I could put my arms around you! :hug99:
I followed a low carb diet for a week before I started CD (yesterday) and so far I am OK. No headaches or cravings at all. I am doind SS plus.
Don't give up - just start on another route to being slimmer.

You can do it - I will be watching out for you posting your losses in another week!!!!
Deb X

my headache was on day 2 of ss but after that wasnt bad at all, just a few days then it honestly does get easier.xx good luck hunni.xx

thanks susan and deb, Im going to restart tomorrow because I just got an email from my counsellor saying how she hopes im having a good day etc and it made me feel like I was letting people down so Im back on track, sorry for being so down in the dumps its really not like me, onwards and downwards for tomorrow, whos gonna join me

Hi Now or Never

I know exactly what you mean! I re-started again today after slipping up with one day doing SS and one day binge-ing. I was fine and doing really well today until I got home and I don't know why I did it but I ate half a tube of pringles! Now I feel really angry at myself as I wasn't even really that hungry!

So now I am going to have to re-start AGAIN tomorrow! I am getting really angry with myself but I suppose its all a learning curve at the end of the day! The problem is I have so much to loose and I just can't seem to get my butt into gear :(

R

Hi Guys,

Started this morning at work with a tetra at 9am then another at 1pm. I left work at 4pm and found myself pathetically thinking of excuses to give my dh and family as to why I could have something to eat tonight, I know Its ridiculous but I felt like an addict making excuses so that i could eat! I havnt even finished day 1!!

I know its pathetic and I feel ashamed of myself like a scavenger thinking of excuses to break the diet already to eat and start 'another day' as we all know tomorrow never comes.

Did anyone else go through this? x

Frequently honey!!!:sigh:

Don't beat yourself up too much ok and try not to raise your stress levels by worrying about justifying and explaining to other people. Not easy, I know.:rolleyes:

Do what's best for YOU....:)

Lacey..xx

hi now or never.
theres a thread on here, the oe day at a time challange. and it really help me.
join us on there?
i find it easier to just think about the day were on and not cheating a nd so far so good.
you can do it - if you want too. x

hi,

i had of since last thurs, partyied all weekend was a ment to start monday, ahem i ate. today i ate and well tomorrow I have to do it i dont even like food im like a little pig going around hoovering up everything.

tomorrow is and will be my last restart.

i have just got thru 2 weeks of ss and today discussed ss+ , it really makes a huge diff having a little meal , you dont feel like a freak just living on a liquid diet, i feel human today!!! the bars have been a great help today to...i chopped one up and spaced it out all day...felt like i was eating choc all day...i do think that dieting make people psycologically unstable !!!!!

Back