feeling down, struggling...

ponypony

Just wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom.

After my gain at official weigh in on Friday night I have been a bit fed up. Truth be told, for about 2weeks now my scales (at home) have been up and down, around the 11 and a half to 12 stone mark. I had one minor slip up last weekend when I ate half a quorn fillet (plain, microwaved, disgusting!), but apart from that I've been good, getting the water down in particular.

So now I'm feeling down in the dumps. My fiance keeps cooking lovely food, and here I am starving myself but not making any headway.

I really wanted to be in the 10s for Christmas, but at this rate it's not going to happen.

I did a week of lipotrim before starting CD, and had hoped for AAM week this week, but alas, CDC advised wait another week. Wondering if 5weeks of SS are taking their toll, especially as I don't have that much more to lose to get to BMI 25 now.

I'm just feeling miserable but wondered if anyone had any experience of gaining whilst not cheating. :(:(

I wonder if you should try going up to 790?

Plateauing like this can be a sign that your body is wanting extra food.

Also, a 1lb loss is not to be sniffed at.

Are you sure your water intake is high enough?

What about totm? Our cycle can play havoc with the scales.

If you are SSing religiously there is no way you could gain weight as in fat weight, but you could be retaining water.

Drinking about 6litres a day at the moment. Mid cycle so shouldn't be retaining water for that reason.

And I would've been pleased with a pound off, but I'd gained!!

I'm wondering if it's time to go up a level, particularly as I'm a bit confused about when I should move up. BMI 25 plus a stone for me would be 11stone 4 I think, and this morning weighed in at 11stone 6, so maybe after AAM week next week I'll do 790 the following.

???

Oh no!!!!

Haven't checked for ketones in a while, just had a wee and there's only the faintest trace of pinky purple. How on earth could I not be in ketosis on sole source????

I am hoping it is because I'm drinking so much water, hopefully that's diluting them. They're urinalysis sticks from work, we use them for animals, but they are for human use. I think - will go & check!

Dnt worry - perhaps your body somehow knows you are halfway there and is holding on with everyhting it has got! I bet very soon you will have a whoosh and a few punds will dissapear overnight

Hi there

The depth of colour is to do with your level of hydration, so pale pink is fine just means you are drinking plenty of water which is a good thing. I moved up the plans when I was just over BMI 25 plus 1st. In my last week of SS I only lost 1lb and took it as a sign to move up. I am just coming to end of second week at 1000. Losses have been slower but haven't had any gains. I am trying to focus on learning how to eat more healthily and letting the scales sort themselves out.

Georgie
xx

Just wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom.

After my gain at official weigh in on Friday night I have been a bit fed up. Truth be told, for about 2weeks now my scales (at home) have been up and down, around the 11 and a half to 12 stone mark. I had one minor slip up last weekend when I ate half a quorn fillet (plain, microwaved, disgusting!), but apart from that I've been good, getting the water down in particular.

So now I'm feeling down in the dumps. My fiance keeps cooking lovely food, and here I am starving myself but not making any headway.

I really wanted to be in the 10s for Christmas, but at this rate it's not going to happen.

I did a week of lipotrim before starting CD, and had hoped for AAM week this week, but alas, CDC advised wait another week. Wondering if 5weeks of SS are taking their toll, especially as I don't have that much more to lose to get to BMI 25 now.

I'm just feeling miserable but wondered if anyone had any experience of gaining whilst not cheating. :(:(

thnk you should have your AAM - might give your body the kick start it needs....also make sure ur drinking lots of water....and try to walk for 20mins few times per week.....keep us posted on your progress - you can't not lose weight on CD and sounds like you're following it to the letter - well done !!

Debz x

Oh no!!!!

Haven't checked for ketones in a while, just had a wee and there's only the faintest trace of pinky purple. How on earth could I not be in ketosis on sole source????

I am hoping it is because I'm drinking so much water, hopefully that's diluting them. They're urinalysis sticks from work, we use them for animals, but they are for human use. I think - will go & check!

very pale pink could mean that your ketones are just very diluted (cos of all the water you're drinking) - mine was always the palest colour or the beige and I lost over 4 stone....keep on keepin on - you are doin great !!!

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm just finding it quite tough as I find the scales a huge motivator. I'll keep glugging the water and see what the scales say at next weigh in. To be honest, I think it's time to move up the stages. Especially as my horse is back in work and I am starting to do more exercise riding her.

I'll hang in there for another week & I'll keep you all posted.

Hiya Pony you're doing so well dont give up now just look how much you've lost over such a short time you'll be laughing about this in a few weeks and feeling so glad you didnt give in!!!!! You'll get into the 10s before christmas keep it up hun xxx

Hang in there!As others have suggested maybe it's tiime you went to 790?

Back