Feeling down..

laurenmay

Gold Member
For some unknown reason I'm feeling really down and miserable today, and the last place I wanna be is cooped up in work till 3:30 :(

I'm only on day two today, and already really craving chocolate and just wanna binge and comfort eat. Hate feeling like this!!

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

Miss_c1985 said:
Hey Hunni

You all ok?? I am feeling very low today also

Xxx

Hiya babe,
I dunno what's the matter with me today, think its a general down day but feel really miserable. The last place I wanna be is in work, I just wanna go home and spend all day in bed!! Feeling anti social too so ignoring everybody at work and I've plugged my iPod in... Think I'm partly down about my weight and size, and just wish I could click my fingers and lose all the weight overnight, and cause I feel down I wanna comfort eat and binge but then I'll gain even more and make it harder on myself to lose the weight :( its a vicious circle and I'm so fed up!!

What's the matter? xxx

Hi hun!!

I could of written that for myself lol

Fed up about the weight have hardly eaten anything and showing 3ib gain this morning don't know how on earth that happened :( just so fed up and like you want the weight to fall off over night lol

What are we like?? I feel the same hun! X

Miss_c1985 said:
Hi hun!!

I could of written that for myself lol

Fed up about the weight have hardly eaten anything and showing 3ib gain this morning don't know how on earth that happened :( just so fed up and like you want the weight to fall off over night lol

What are we like?? I feel the same hun! X

It's so horrible isn't it :( and I'm sick of having comments off people in work about my weight gain too!! I know I've gotten big but being reminded all the time is just bringing me down..

My OH is off work today, and I'm really considering giving him a list of chocolatey snacks to go get me from tesco and to go home and have a lazy binge filled evening and try and comfort eat my mood away :( xx

Only if you will fill better! Or why don't you go home and put your trainers on a go for a run :) that's what I am planning to do!!

I would kill for a binge but know I will feel dreadful afterwards

That's not very nice of work people :( x

Miss_c1985 said:
Only if you will fill better! Or why don't you go home and put your trainers on a go for a run :) that's what I am planning to do!!

I would kill for a binge but know I will feel dreadful afterwards

That's not very nice of work people :( x

I was planning on going for a run later on, but I've got my little one and no one to watch him cause my OH has to pop out for a little bit.. I did so much exercise yesterday anyway that my legs are killing me today! Lol, so think I'll have a rest day today and head to the gym after work tomorrow :)

I'm such a sweet tooth, completely obsessed with chocolate and I think I'm finding it difficult learning how to live without it if that makes sense. It sounds and it is really pathetic, and I know that I could have a bar of chocolate and include it into my calories or do some form of exercise to burn off enough to allow me to have it - but with me it's all or nothing. If I have something to eat that's remotely naughty then I end up having a complete binge with it! I'd rather feel guilty about having a blow out than guilty over one little chocolate.. Can't help it!

I know I'll feel crap afterwards too, and I really don't wanna have to start fresh and be on day 1 tomorrow again. I wanna stick to it and get to the point where I'm losing track of the days cause I'm doing so well. I'm just struggling today to feel positive about anything especially bloody dieting :( xx

Could you not just get OH to get you one thing? Then when you get home you can have your choc but you know there isn't any more so it's more controlled xx

mrs-s said:
Could you not just get OH to get you one thing? Then when you get home you can have your choc but you know there isn't any more so it's more controlled xx

I just wanna binge though! Lol :( when I have my binge head on its hard to snap out of it. I'm going to the gym tomorrow after work and plan on spending a while there, so feel like having my binge this evening and getting it out of my system and back on it with a big work out tomorrow xx

The sooner you break the cycle the easier it will be, binging is realy unhealthy! what would you binge on, could you not try something lowish cals? WW cake bars? Freddie or other choc less than 100 cals a portion then even if you have a few it's not too damaging!
I make sure I have treats every day other wise I'd go off track, if I have one or two things a day then it's not a 'treat' to have them so I'm not always craving them because it's not forbidden so to speak its part of my every day diet x

gettingfit said:
Just remember this when you crave chocolate.

There are many dangers to chocolate. First and most obvious of all is that chocolate is loaded with sugar. This sugar can cause diabetes, high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries and a lot of other diseases. Kids who eat a huge amount of chocolate are hyper because of the amount of caffeine and sugar in it. All the sugar and caffeine cause children to have short attention spans. There are many chemicals added to chocolate to keep it fresh. Most of these chemicals are not good for the body.
Chocolate originally does not taste very sweet. Loads of sugar is added to chocolate to make it taste good. These high amounts of sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty in concentrating, and crankiness in kids. Chocolate contains high amounts of artificial flavors, saturated fat, and harmful coloring that can harm the liver and kidney. Dark chocolate does not have as much sugar as milk chocolate. Dark chocolate contains more cacao and less sugar and saturated fat. This makes it a fairly better type of chocolate.

The sugars in chocolate can suppress the immune system. This makes the whole body unable to fight disease. Our digestive system is not designed to digest high amounts of sugar. When we eat too much sugar, we throw our body out of homeostasis. When we get too much of one mineral, the ratio of that mineral to other minerals in our body increases. This makes that mineral a toxin to our body. It can cause kidney stones, arthritis, hardening of the arteries, and many other problems. This makes our enzymes unable to function correctly and we do not digest our food properly. The undigested food gets sent directly into our bloodstream. The immune system thinks the undigested food is a foreigner and it starts to respond to the undigested food. This can cause an inflammatory response, headaches, or fatigue. To top it all off the excessive amounts of sugar exhaust our white blood cells and weaken our immune system. Chocolate can cause many problems if eaten in big amounts.
So the next time you eat chocolate, consider eating dark chocolate or even better eat a healthier snack. Remember a little bit of chocolate once in a while is ok to eat. What really is bad for you is eating high quantities at once. Even a little chocolate every day will not harm you. You just have to be careful about how much you eat at once.

The word chocolate is written down in that so many times that it just does the opposite and makes me want it haha :p xx

mrs-s said:
The sooner you break the cycle the easier it will be, binging is realy unhealthy! what would you binge on, could you not try something lowish cals? WW cake bars? Freddie or other choc less than 100 cals a portion then even if you have a few it's not too damaging!
I make sure I have treats every day other wise I'd go off track, if I have one or two things a day then it's not a 'treat' to have them so I'm not always craving them because it's not forbidden so to speak its part of my every day diet x

I think I need to start including a treat everyday in my diet plan, I'm chocolate mad and maybe I should buy some freddos or something and have one a day to keep the cravings at bay.. I bought a big bar of bournville dark chocolate, seen as its meant to be good for you to have some now and again, and it's 125cals for 4 chunks so I could include that now and again too. I think I need you to come live with me so you can shout at me regularly and tell me to keep away from the bad food! Lol x

I have a box with loads of different treats in, milky way crispy rolls, WW cake bars, penguins, Freddos etc all under 150 cals I just have a couple a day, if you don't trust yourself with a big box though you could get your OH to hide them and just give you one or two a day xx

mrs-s said:
I have a box with loads of different treats in, milky way crispy rolls, WW cake bars, penguins, Freddos etc all under 150 cals I just have a couple a day, if you don't trust yourself with a big box though you could get your OH to hide them and just give you one or two a day xx

I'm definitely gonna buy some freddos, I love Cadbury so that'd be a nice little daily treat and should kill the chocolate craving too. But I'd have to get the OH to hide them to stop me scoffing the lot! Lol xx

Back