Feeling Fat!!

fatpossum

Silver Member
This is my 8th day SSing and so far so good - absolutely no cheating :D and I have been in ketosis since day 3 :D:D.

Yesterday I felt that I could already see the improvement - jeans looser, bones that have been hidden for the past 2/3 months have begun to re-appear etc. So great.

This morning however, I woke up feeling fat and 'looking' fat:eek::eek::eek:.

It is not leading up to the TOTM - so it can't be that. I think it's probably all in my head.

I don't feel tempted to cheat (at the moment!!) as I can see an 'end-date' i.e. 26th July when I am going to a really nice party. I don't have loads to lose - just the 1.5 (approx) stones I have put on since Xmas due to the impact of a job that is nearly killing me and leaves me no time to do anything else but work! I start the day well with a decent breakfast or a pack but as I can't get time to take a lunch break I end up scoffing biscuits at about 4.00p.m. and then drink about a bottle of wine in the evening in order to unwind - as many of you will understand, when one has drank a few glasses of wine 'healthy eating' is not top of the agenda :rolleyes: so I eat rubbish!!

I have worked out that if I can repeat my earlier success with SSing by 26th of July I should have lost all that I have gained a maybe a bit more!!

Anyway - better go - have a day off today and am still in my nightie having got kids off to school.

I know that I am not the only woman sho suffers from 'fat-day blues' but when on SS how do you deal with it?

I have had a 'fat week' after changing to SS+ i have more or less convinced myself i made the wrong choice and should have stayed on SS, like you i only have roughly 1 stone to go, but i know i am being sensible because my BMI is close to healthy range and i should have been contemplating a change in program anyway.

I wouldnt have got through this week without coming on here, i also have clothes hanging up in front of me that i want to fit into at the end of my goal, i also have pics of me at my heaviest in clear view to remind myself why i am doing this. And last of all i have degenerative disease in my spine so i defo think it will all be worth it when the back pain subsides because i wont be carrying extra weight.

Even though my clothes are looser i do have days when they feel a bit tight and i know that is probably water retention (doesnt stop me from thinking 'yuk' when i catch sight of myself tho' )

Given the choice tho' i would take water retention over excess fat anyday!

Soz bout the long post, that was a bit of a waffle on wasnt it:D

Good luck with your cd journey

debs x

Thanks Debs - it was an informative waffle so thanks for that! I am the queen of waffle so it is likely that we will get along just fine!

You've got me thinking - the only thing I did differently yesterday was add a bar - up until then I had been having only the 3 packs but yesterday I had two packs and a bar - my CD said that would be okay after a week and once ketosis was established.

Maybe it was the bar - I haven't had problems with bars in the past but I know that someone people have.

The other thing I noticed (you can tell that I have the day off work and nothing better to do!!) is that my top half has definitly lost weight while my bottom half still looks FAT :eek: in comparison. When I started my weight gain this year (on the Bikkie and Wine diet!!) I noticed that my bottom half got fat first and then my top half - so maybe I am losing weight on a 'last-pounds-on-first-pounds-off basis! that would account for a bony top half and a flabby bottom half (you can tell that I love myself, can't you?! :rolleyes:)

'Life just aint fair' - I was less worried about the top half than the bottom half - big boobs are good whereas big butt and belly isn't!

But ...... (positive commment coming!!)....... I think we need to remember that we can't fail to lose weight if we are eating less food than our bodies need - (here comes the negativity again) .......... But why is it so easy to put it on and so hard to get it off?!!!! :cry:

Best of luck!

maybe because your top half and your bottom half are so different in size now you feel fatter? i know that when my stomach gets thinner i think my belly has got fatter, but it just looks bigger in comparison?

keep up the good work guys :)

abz xx

Who Feels Fat Today?!

:sigh: Maybe we should start a 'Who feels fat today' theme - what do you think?!!

Now "Feeling fat" would have nothing to do with being fat - we all know that we can have 'thin days' when we are a little on the large side and 'Fat days' when we are in fact thin or have lost weight.

'Feeling Fat is in the mind - not on the Butt' (maybe I should have a t-shirt printed?)

I'm having my fat day today. I wore the pants that fits me tightest today to give me motivation as to why I am doing this. In the past, my top half has gotten small and now I am having serious fat issues with my hips.

Everyone goes through this, so you are not alone.

Think its cause im tired and not looking my best and had a slip up at weekend :(

Thanks Debs - it was an informative waffle so thanks for that! I am the queen of waffle so it is likely that we will get along just fine!

You've got me thinking - the only thing I did differently yesterday was add a bar - up until then I had been having only the 3 packs but yesterday I had two packs and a bar - my CD said that would be okay after a week and once ketosis was established.

Maybe it was the bar - I haven't had problems with bars in the past but I know that someone people have.

The other thing I noticed (you can tell that I have the day off work and nothing better to do!!) is that my top half has definitly lost weight while my bottom half still looks FAT :eek: in comparison. When I started my weight gain this year (on the Bikkie and Wine diet!!) I noticed that my bottom half got fat first and then my top half - so maybe I am losing weight on a 'last-pounds-on-first-pounds-off basis! that would account for a bony top half and a flabby bottom half (you can tell that I love myself, can't you?! :rolleyes:)

'Life just aint fair' - I was less worried about the top half than the bottom half - big boobs are good whereas big butt and belly isn't!

But ...... (positive commment coming!!)....... I think we need to remember that we can't fail to lose weight if we are eating less food than our bodies need - (here comes the negativity again) .......... But why is it so easy to put it on and so hard to get it off?!!!! :cry:

Best of luck!

i think prior to CD and those of us who fall off the wagon occasionally, know the answer to that one :D

one of life's riddles methinks, but i do rather like the feeling of being a loser, lol.

Funny that, when i used to do athletics i never coped with that too well. ;)

Onwards and downwards. :)

debs x

I noticed that my bottom half got fat first and then my top half - so maybe I am losing weight on a 'last-pounds-on-first-pounds-off basis!

I always put on weight on the bottom first and it always comes off on the top first, typical pear shape :)

Back