Feeling Fat!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fatpossum, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

1. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

This is my 8th day SSing and so far so good - absolutely no cheating :D and I have been in ketosis since day 3 :D:D.

Yesterday I felt that I could already see the improvement - jeans looser, bones that have been hidden for the past 2/3 months have begun to re-appear etc. So great.

This morning however, I woke up feeling fat and 'looking' fat:eek::eek::eek:.

It is not leading up to the TOTM - so it can't be that. I think it's probably all in my head.

I don't feel tempted to cheat (at the moment!!) as I can see an 'end-date' i.e. 26th July when I am going to a really nice party. I don't have loads to lose - just the 1.5 (approx) stones I have put on since Xmas due to the impact of a job that is nearly killing me and leaves me no time to do anything else but work! I start the day well with a decent breakfast or a pack but as I can't get time to take a lunch break I end up scoffing biscuits at about 4.00p.m. and then drink about a bottle of wine in the evening in order to unwind - as many of you will understand, when one has drank a few glasses of wine 'healthy eating' is not top of the agenda :rolleyes: so I eat rubbish!!

I have worked out that if I can repeat my earlier success with SSing by 26th of July I should have lost all that I have gained a maybe a bit more!!

Anyway - better go - have a day off today and am still in my nightie having got kids off to school.

I know that I am not the only woman sho suffers from 'fat-day blues' but when on SS how do you deal with it?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

cambridge SS
    I have had a 'fat week' after changing to SS+ i have more or less convinced myself i made the wrong choice and should have stayed on SS, like you i only have roughly 1 stone to go, but i know i am being sensible because my BMI is close to healthy range and i should have been contemplating a change in program anyway.

I wouldnt have got through this week without coming on here, i also have clothes hanging up in front of me that i want to fit into at the end of my goal, i also have pics of me at my heaviest in clear view to remind myself why i am doing this. And last of all i have degenerative disease in my spine so i defo think it will all be worth it when the back pain subsides because i wont be carrying extra weight.

Even though my clothes are looser i do have days when they feel a bit tight and i know that is probably water retention (doesnt stop me from thinking 'yuk' when i catch sight of myself tho' )

Given the choice tho' i would take water retention over excess fat anyday!

Soz bout the long post, that was a bit of a waffle on wasnt it:D

Good luck with your cd journey

debs x
  4. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Thanks Debs - it was an informative waffle so thanks for that! I am the queen of waffle so it is likely that we will get along just fine!

You've got me thinking - the only thing I did differently yesterday was add a bar - up until then I had been having only the 3 packs but yesterday I had two packs and a bar - my CD said that would be okay after a week and once ketosis was established.

Maybe it was the bar - I haven't had problems with bars in the past but I know that someone people have.

The other thing I noticed (you can tell that I have the day off work and nothing better to do!!) is that my top half has definitly lost weight while my bottom half still looks FAT :eek: in comparison. When I started my weight gain this year (on the Bikkie and Wine diet!!) I noticed that my bottom half got fat first and then my top half - so maybe I am losing weight on a 'last-pounds-on-first-pounds-off basis! that would account for a bony top half and a flabby bottom half (you can tell that I love myself, can't you?! :rolleyes:)

'Life just aint fair' - I was less worried about the top half than the bottom half - big boobs are good whereas big butt and belly isn't!

But ...... (positive commment coming!!)....... I think we need to remember that we can't fail to lose weight if we are eating less food than our bodies need - (here comes the negativity again) .......... But why is it so easy to put it on and so hard to get it off?!!!! :cry:

Best of luck!
  5. abz

abz Gold Member

maybe because your top half and your bottom half are so different in size now you feel fatter? i know that when my stomach gets thinner i think my belly has got fatter, but it just looks bigger in comparison?

keep up the good work guys :)

abz xx
  6. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

I feel fat today :(
  7. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Who Feels Fat Today?!

:sigh: Maybe we should start a 'Who feels fat today' theme - what do you think?!!

Now "Feeling fat" would have nothing to do with being fat - we all know that we can have 'thin days' when we are a little on the large side and 'Fat days' when we are in fact thin or have lost weight.

'Feeling Fat is in the mind - not on the Butt' (maybe I should have a t-shirt printed?)
  8. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

I'm having my fat day today. I wore the pants that fits me tightest today to give me motivation as to why I am doing this. In the past, my top half has gotten small and now I am having serious fat issues with my hips.

Everyone goes through this, so you are not alone.
  9. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

Think its cause im tired and not looking my best and had a slip up at weekend :(
  10. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

cambridge SS
    i think prior to CD and those of us who fall off the wagon occasionally, know the answer to that one :D

one of life's riddles methinks, but i do rather like the feeling of being a loser, lol.

Funny that, when i used to do athletics i never coped with that too well. ;)

Onwards and downwards. :)

debs x
  11. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

I always put on weight on the bottom first and it always comes off on the top first, typical pear shape :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.