Feeling fed up

Sarahj82

I am fairly new to SW and have just had my 2nd weigh in. In my first week I lost 1.5lb so this week the most syns I had in one day was 5 and I still only lost 1.5lb even though my consultant says I have a fantastic food diary. Some people who started the same time as me have already got their half stone award......I feel so fed up and demotivated!

Hiya, my first thought is, are you eating enough? If you eat too little your body goes into starvation and slows down your weight loss. Try upping your syns for a week and see what happens.

The other thing (that's my personal downfall) is watching my portion sizes on pasta and rice, as I love them! so I keep an eye on those now.

Are you drinking enough water? You'll probably find the people who had a big loss in the first week drank loads, a lot of that initial weight loss will be water; if you drink more, your body stops retaining so much.

Lastly...you are 3lbs down and I know it's absolutely gutting when others seem to lose so fast, and it seems not a lot of loss for quite a lot of trying (I've been there!) but 3lbs is 3lbs! I only lost a 1lb last week and was quite disappointed, and a lovely lady on here told me to go and google what a pound of fat looks like. After seeing that, I was just pleased it was gone from my body!

You will get there, just stick at it hun. Different people lose at different rates, think of it this way though, if you consistently lose 1.5lbs a week for 6 months, that's almost 3 stone! Which would take you to your target, looking at your stats. Its not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things :)

Totally agree with what flashharry said. Its different for different people, plenty in my group regularly lose 4-5lb a week and its gutting but i only really lose 0.5-1.5lb a week and yes it took me 8months to get to target but i did it at my pace and still lost each week. You also dont have loads to lose looking at your stats so its not like your body is likely to shed a huge amount at the start like other people with more to lose would.
It also depends on your eating habits before - people who maybe had really bad diets before suddenly doing a 100% week on SW would shock their body and obviously lose alot, but if you had fairly decent eating habits before and suddenly fruit and veg isnt a new thing to you then your body will react slower. You are still 3lb down and well on your way so dont get disheartened! You will get there and scientific study proves losing 1-2lb a week is the safest way to do it and that you are more likely to keep it off long term than if you lose it all quickly.

And some people are mountaineers and some are brain surgeons. You can't compare yourself with other people because you aren't them. If you are going to continue to lose at the rate of 1.5 pounds per week, that means you will lose a stone in two months and six stone in a year. That's your motivation!

Thankyou everyone. I feel better knowing how much 1.5lb adds up to over time. I weighed out 1.5g of sugar today and it is loads! I will have around 8 syns each day just for this week and see what happens. Thankyou all so much for the words of kindness and motivation x

Don't be afraid to use your syns :) So many people avoid using them for whatever reason, but they're there to be used :)
I completely agree with every comment above, there's so many reasons why one person will lose 6lbs, and another will only lose 1.5lbs. I'm more of a slow loser, so I generally only lose 1.5lbs to 2lbs a week, but it's still a loss so don't be too upset :)

this thread has really helped me
thank you!

Back