feeling glum :(

large_lump

Sorry for the depressing thread on a friday night but I just need to be annoyed at myself out loud!

So I weigh in on a Wednesday and I lost nothing this week despite sticking to my cals and upping my exercise. I can see from trawling through these pages its probably due to the exercise and it will catch up.. still doesn't stop me from feeling a little disheartened though. I'm also one of these awful people that weighs myself daily but I know how I work. If I've been good I can normally see the weight coming off slowly daily/every other day dropping half a pound or so at a time (I lose a good few lbs a week) but even today I still haven't budged!

I then go out for the day with my friend today who tells me I deserve a day off as I haven't had one in ages (coincidently she's yet to start her diet and has only a little less to lose than me) and we go to Frankie and Bennys! basically I over eat by pretty much 1000 cals today!

so now, not only do I feel cr*p about my sts, I now feel cr*p for my binge and have to work my bum off at the gym to try and rectify it.. and still probably face another sts!

anyway sorry for the moan, just having a down day (coming down with a cold to top things off) I just needed to get it off my chest and I'm sure at least one of you would of been here yourself before! Tomorrow's a new day!

Aw hun, I'm sorry to hear you're down.

You know what I'm going to say - draw a line under today and just start again tomorrow. To me, this is going to be a way of my life now to try and keep my eating under control and you're bound to have days like that - you're only human! I had a bad weekend what with Easter and being away - the main thing is to get back on track, that is the key to it and then you'll soon undo any 'damage' done.

Hope youre ok lovely x

Sorry to hear your not doing so well, I know you say you like to weigh yourself daily, but I think it might be good for you not to. How would you have felt if you hadnt weighed yourself? Probably pretty darn good cos you knew you were sticking to your cals and exercising lots. Sometimes seeing the progress on the scales isnt always the best thing for us. Draw a line under whats happened, at least you had a good day out with your friend. Start fresh as of now and maybe try to avoid the scales if it isnt helping you.

I agree with the others, draw a line of it and carry on doing what you've been doing because it WILL work!

Thanks guys. Was just feeling very sorry for myself yesterday but a good nights sleep has helped me realise I was being ridiculous. It's not the end of the world eh? Been super good today too!

Lesson learnt! My brother said fat people want to keep you fat.. I think this is so true!

Sometimes, yes. Personally, I'm fat and I'd do EVERYTHING I could to help someone lose weight, especially if they were someone I care about. But sometimes people who need to lose weight do try and ruin it for other people, out of jealousy I guess. But sometimes I think it's because they're so stuck in their unhealthy cycle of habits that they honestly believe what they say to you and don't think it'll hurt to have 'a treat' or 'just one'.

Sometimes, yes. Personally, I'm fat and I'd do EVERYTHING I could to help someone lose weight, especially if they were someone I care about. But sometimes people who need to lose weight do try and ruin it for other people, out of jealousy I guess. But sometimes I think it's because they're so stuck in their unhealthy cycle of habits that they honestly believe what they say to you and don't think it'll hurt to have 'a treat' or 'just one'.

Completely agree with that!
Glad you are feeling better LL! Onwards and downwards we go...good luck x

Back