Feeling glum...

Ali❤

My hubby decided to weigh himself today (he's 5" taller than me) and to my horror is 10lb lighter than me, I can't help but feel ashamed that I let myself get this way :( He's always been lovely and supportive and doesn't mention my weight, but I just feel like I must be a massive embarrassment... I suppose it's a good motivator!

Just needed to say it... I won't tell him my weight, so I couldn't tell him how I was feeling :sigh:

It is a good motivator - one of my personal mini-goals was to be lighter than my husband. You have no need to feel ashamed or as though you are an embarrassment! Look at how well you are doing!!! You have a lovely supportive man in your life who loves you whatever your size - so any feelings of shame are unnecessary, he wasn't embarrassed to be seen with you - so why worry about it? You are changing it now!

Thank you hun, think it was a wake up. I know he's proud of how well I'm doing (I don't normally touch vegetables). I think I'll make that a goal too, to be lighter than him. He can eat anything he wants and not gain weight, I just have to look at it lol

Wow just noticed how much you've lost!! Thats amazing!

I was heavier than mine too. It fells blooming great that I'm now a good 3 stone lighter than him - it's certainly a motivator. Good luck x

Thanks ladies... It would be very nice to be light enough for him to lift me up, at the minute he would just put his back out!! Lol

I was going to say, even when I was about 4-5 stone heavier OH could still pick me up. I hated him doing it coz I felt like I was going to fall on my face, but he could. I am pretty sure your OH could manage to pick you up without damaging himself.

Lol... He lifts a ton of weights and is really quite strong, perhaps I'm just worried he has a set of scales in his head! Lol I'm sure you've guessed my self confidence is pretty low atm, but improving :)

Don't be embarrassed, like others have said your doing amazing, its great that you have such a supportive man as well, plus now you can make a mini goal to be lighter then him.

I was the same when I started slimming world, I wasn't heavier then my boyfriend as he'd piled on weight as well, but I was heavier then my little brother and I was heavier then what my boyfriend is now. I used to hate photo's of me when I was bigger and deleted them or hid behind other people, but now I wish I had more so I could show people how well I've done! One day you'll be able to either show people, or if you still don't want to tell people exactly how far you've come you'll know yourself.

Good to hear that your self confidence is improving as well

Back