Feeling guilty...what do I say?

lauratrev

Silver Member
Hi all,

Im feeling a bit guilty and i dont know how to put it politely to my C.

Shes asked me to fill in a SW questionnaire and i agreed thinking it was a general q and a piece of paper but it was 10 pages long and want to know the ins and outs of my weight loss journey, now i couldnt fill it in electronically so had to email it to tell her she couldnt have it in time to take to her meeting.

My c replied to me to take it in at next WI as she wants to go to the local newspapers and magazine i really dont want to, if i was aware of this in the first place i would never of agreed i dont want to shout it to the world what i weighed before/ dress sizes etc especially when theres people out there i dont want to read my story.

Just feel guilty as my C is brilliant and helped me make it this far and i know its probably a way for her to get more members.

What do i say? x

I am sure if you explain it to her exactly as you have explained to us , she will understand and not want to cause you any embarrassment or discomfort.

It is far better to face her with the truth than an excuse.

Thanks fillymum!

Its just that feeling of when you think of what your gonna say and then you say it and its comes out all wrong so at least i sound like im not going to offend her.

i think its guilt as i know it would be a way of inviting members to join and any money coming in during these times is ideal.

Maybe you could write down what you wanted to say first and then get it straight in your head before letting your mouth take over. I know it helps me when I am afraid of putting my foot in it or hurting someone's feelings. :)

lauratrev said:
Thanks fillymum!

Its just that feeling of when you think of what your gonna say and then you say it and its comes out all wrong so at least i sound like im not going to offend her.

i think its guilt as i know it would be a way of inviting members to join and any money coming in during these times is ideal.

I agree with Fillymum, just tell her as you have told us, she should have made it clear what she wanted!

Id just be honest with her, to be honest I think her tactics are both sneaky and rude. She should never in a million years have asked you to fill that in without being upfront about it. To say to bring it in so she can pass it on is incredibly rude, at the very least she should be asking you do you want to do it? Was she going to go ahead and do it without telling you?

Thanks fillymum!

NOTHING to feel guilty about.
It's your money you've paid, and most importantly your journey. Your not a piece of marketing, it's actually your life.
Never forget you are the customer as well..

My consultant gave me one of these too. I took it home, read it and decided that I wasn't ready for the rest of the world to know my story. I just took the blank questionnaire back to my consultant and explained to him that since I still have quite a way to go to target, I wouldn't be comfortable for everyone in my group to know my weight, since I was still on my journey.

Being honest, I've been here since September 2009 and STILL haven't entered any stats... and I don't know any of you in the outside world!!!

If I was given that questionnaire I wouldn't mind filling it in, remember that if only one more person joins and looses weight then it may save their life!
I got the message after having two strokes,and now I can reduce all the tablets I used to have and on Wednesday I expect to come off all of them, my blood pressure was very high before I started SW and now is low, I feel healthier, fitter and I believe I can have an extended life from my previous life!
I didn't have to tell other people my weight as it was obvious I was overweight.....
Pete

its your journey hun and you can only share it when you're good and ready, I understand that it would be a good marketing tool for her but you are not a marketing tool.

Just tell her you're not ready to share with the world your story and she should understand, can't imagine margaret miles-bramwell wanting to make someone feel uncomfortable about her weight loss.

Be strong xx

I was also given one of these when I got to target a long time ago and I declined to fill it in.
Yes, you are being used as promotion for SW and the consultants group, but is that really a bad thing? You are a success story and your consultant will be pleased she has a successful member, there are many of us who just "play at it" (me being one for the last few months!).

I wouldn't be upset or offended by it, just explain that you don't want publicity.

Ultimately she is in business and any success story will be good for business. Just tell her you are a private person and would rather your story not be made public.

You really shouldn't feel guilty. Your personal information is just that - personal - and it is up to you to decide how much or how little you share with other people.

Getting stories into the local press is the best form of "advertising" - it is free and reaches more people than conventional averts. That is why consultants are encouraged by SW HQ to get as many stories into local newspapers as possible.

Can you compromise - tell your consultant that you don't mind some information going into the local press, but you want to control exactly what is said?

Bah Humbug!

Nobody gave me one to fill in when I reached my target(s):cry:

Maybe third time lucky if I reach my 3rd target?

I'm delighted to share with the world;):eek:

Thanks for all your advice and views :). I managed to tell my consultant i wasnt comfortable completing the questionnaire as i really didnt want it in the paper. My C replied she doesnt want it for the paper but for a meeting at the weekend???

Ive left it for now im not going to do it as im not 100% convinced where its going, whose going to see it and what they plan on doing with it.

When and if im ready when im at target i may think about writing to SW direct and attempt to get my story in the mag but I doubt I will just not comfortable sharing my personal journey.

X

well done for talking to her, and well done for being brave and sticking to your guns.

one day the time may come that you are ready to share but thats your decision alone.

xx

Hmm she doesnt sound too trustworthy I think you're right! Well done for standing up for yourself xxx

Why would she need a particular form filling in if only for a meeting??? She may take it to her meeting, but her boss my have had other ideas so well done for standing up for yourself.

Back