Feeling inspired

Serena A

Can't think of a title
I've just been over to the Lighter Life board and was struck by a particular post...

Someone who started LL last Jan has resurrected their old thread from a year ago, sadly for them they found their first week really hard and decided not to carry on (however good for them as they have decided to give it another go in 2009).

Someone else who had also just started LL also posted on that thread last Jan and 12 months and nine stone later they now have a healthy BMI and they look great, and despite them having a few weeks of really slow losses they stuck it out.

The contrast between the two stories really struck me...the year 2008 has come and gone for both people but one now has a brand new body to see in the new year...

So don't give up when the going gets tough, the time will pass regardless. Whether we are just starting our journeys, part way through or maintaining...let's all be the success stories of 2009 - we can do it!!

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year xx

What a wonderful and uplifting post - keep on keeping on xx

Serena, Thanks for making this point. Everybody, I remember when I started the liquid diet, I said I would do it for 16 wks. I thought I could do that and then no matter what I would stop where ever I was but I saw that the weight was coming off fast and continues to do so once I learned to stop looking way into the furture and concentrated on now, day by day and minute by minute. By looking at how much I had to lose, it was too over whelming and that is why my ticker still doesn't reflect the total amount I want to lose. Making sure you don't give up when the loses are low or you gain a bit, you will know that as long as you follow the plan you will lose no matter what. I know people get on here and say they have been 100% and have not lost or stayed the same. That happens but not week after week so we know if we have a small loss or no loss we can expect a bigger one the next week. It is important to be honest with yourself. Once I turned it all over and went 100% (no weekly double cheesburger as a once a wk treat but 100%) then the stress was off and I could focus on the program and not weather the scales would be going down at the next weigh in. This month has been difficult for me to lose and I am trying to at least stay the same or just a small gain, and as of today I have lost 1.6lbs for the month. This is due to a few factors with Christmas being just one. I did pretty good and still managed a loss for the month, however small. One thing I noticed about myself is that when I get on the verge of a milestone, I freeze up and it takes me forever to finally get there. This time it was having only 2.6lbs to go to losing 100lbs for this year. Well I will have to wait till next year because I gained 2lbs (which I am fine with due to christmas)and will have to shift those in addition to the 2.6lbs to reach -100lbs. But I will be having my "come to Jesus meeting" tonight and will get whatever road block is standing in my way sorted so I can shift it and get on with it. I am feeling inspired and looking forward to continuing the journey of a lifetime.
Wishing everyone the best in your journies, you may have ups and downs but know that it is all worth it in the end.
Much love and peace to you all and Happy New Year!
edi

Serena & Edi you are both right and so inspiring!! This time next year we could be totally different if we stick it out. Edi I like you had set myself a goal of sticking to CD till March then starting Weight Watchers but I have decided to stick to CD until I reach goal. I believe the pros outweigh the cons greatly! Here's to a brilliant 2009 everyone! We can all achieve what we set out to do.

One of my main main motivations is to lose 6/7 stone by June then I can wear vests over Summer instead of covering up my bingo wings lol.

great post and so true, lets just keep going everyone, we can all get to goal this year! just imagine it!! wow!

Thanks for the post

Serena

Thanks for this post. As the others say it is so true. I have had a struggle with my weight for ages. This year I want it to be the last and to move on with my life with the weight issue gone.

Keep posting - its these posts that keep me focussed on the goal!!!

Thanks again

Sharon:):)

Excellent post Serena

I remember once asking my doctor what made a successful dieter. What diet etc.

She said "no particular diet, but the only ones who were successful were the ones that stuck to it"

I remember saying "great idea batman...I must try it" :D

She said "no particular diet, but the only ones who were successful were the ones that stuck to it"

Oh, and she wasn't meaning those who were 100%. Just those who didn't make a lapse into a relapse, but just picked themselves up again and moved on forward.

Oh, and she wasn't meaning those who were 100%. Just those who didn't make a lapse into a relapse, but just picked themselves up again and moved on forward.

I think that's a key factor KD.....not making a lapse into a full relapse!! 2 very different things. :):):)

Excellent post Serena

I remember once asking my doctor what made a successful dieter. What diet etc.

I remember saying "great idea batman...I must try it" :D

Love it, so true and so simple it's genuis!

PS - yes I am stalking you :D:eek:

Back