Feeling like a faliure

Taronga Leela

Well yesterday was day 5 of SS and I got to about midday and binged like crazy. Had lots of crusty bread, swiss roll, lucozade, pasta and other naughty things so obviously all my good work has been undone.

Hopped on the scales this morning and I've put on 3lb overnight. I don't mind seeing as loss of 3lb but a gain just made my heart sink:cry:so when I got up I ate like normal, had tea with milk and will be starting a roast for lunch.

I plpanned to start again this morning to get over the blip, but my question is will stopping and starting SS like this hurt me in anyway? I know my liver will be packed full with glycogen (which I'm secretly hoping was the 3lb I put on and not a lump of fat thats attached itself to my thighs!) but if I start again tomorrow will it be okay and will I start getting back into ketosis and things?

I know this is a bit of a self pity thread but I'm feeling really let down and just :sigh: with myself, which is really selfish I know when there are other people about who are experiencing really maga bad problems.

Just after a little pick me up, encouragement and reasurance. Thanks for reading :confused:

Dont worry about it, ive been on it for 8 weeks and only twice completed a full week without cheating, ive lost 22lbs in total, not as much as some obviously but i get into ketosis easily, i started a fresh on saturday as weekends are my downfall, i thought that if i started on a weekend and completed the two days then i know i can get through mon-fri without any cheating, my advice is start a fresh monday morning.xxx

hey nursebex
im a compulsive re starter im just trying to achieve day 4 so your doing better than me so chin up big huggles and cuddles and we will restart tomorrow with big smiles on our faces xxxxxxxxx

you are not a failure, you have just delayed things alittle bit thats all. Get with it from now on and good luck :)

Hun

You are certainly not a failure! Many of us can't get to day 5! .... Im talking about myself of course.

Sort out your head and get back on that wagon! (IF ONLY I WOULD TAKE MY OWN ADVICE!!!!)

Good luck babes!

XX

Thanks so much guys :) feel heaps better now I know I'm not the only one to have a blip!

When you start off though do you feel that you'll never reach goal and that when you see people with weigh ins done at 20 weeks and stuff that you'll never get there because it seems so far off?

Tomorrow I will start again and with more determination. A friend of mine said to me earlier (she's a size 8 btw and never had issues with obesity) that I couldn't want to be slim that much if I gave in so easily. So thats why I'm feeling like a failiure!

Thanks again and hope all the re-starters have more luck this time around and we'll reach the 20 weeks weigh in ;)

Beckie x x x x

Beckie ... my hubby is so supportive of CD but he did once say to me 'if you didn't want to be fat you wouldn't eat it' - needless to say he is 6'3 tall and skinny! lol

xx

you will get there too hun :)

Thanks so much guys :) feel heaps better now I know I'm not the only one to have a blip!

When you start off though do you feel that you'll never reach goal and that when you see people with weigh ins done at 20 weeks and stuff that you'll never get there because it seems so far off?

Tomorrow I will start again and with more determination. A friend of mine said to me earlier (she's a size 8 btw and never had issues with obesity) that I couldn't want to be slim that much if I gave in so easily. So thats why I'm feeling like a failiure!

Thanks again and hope all the re-starters have more luck this time around and we'll reach the 20 weeks weigh in ;)

Beckie x x x x

Hi beckie

i think you just identified the problem there hun, 1 day at a time (it will be so much easier for you)

debs xx
Goal 1 - get through day 1 (lol) Done!!
Goal 2 - get to ketosis Done!! :D

Goal 3 - 1st WI

week 1 weightloss?? (1st WI Tues 27th May)-

Back