Feeling like a total dummy :(

Lightning86

Hey Guys!

Well I thought I had done a good thing buying a Stepper(Supposed to be like walking up and down stairs)Machine to aid my weight loss, But turns out there pretty much useless :(

I don't have room for a real exercise machine like a treadmill or exercise bike, Only thing I have is Stepper and Wii Fit+ but I am thinking of buying Biggest Loser for the wii.

I have been using the Meal Replacement milkshakes which I must admit I really do enjoy there quite yummy.

So feeling like a total dummy cause even when I really try I mess up :(

I do have a Pedometer(One of the Pokemon PokeWalker things you get with Pokemon Soul Silver :D Quite accurate)
Can't really jog/run cause I hurt my ankle rather badly and it hurts when I try to but I can walk for about an hour, would this help at all?

I don't know who told you a stepper is useless. It may not be the best aerobic excercise in the world but it's still better than sitting on your backside. If you go on that in the evening watching telly when normally you'd be sat on your bum, it will DEFINITELY burn more calories and help with weight loss. It will also help tone your legs and bum meaning when you do lose the weigh there's some nice structure under there.
And yes walking is a great form of excercise, again not the highest calorie burner out there, but a good regular walking routine will do wonders for both wieght loss and overall fitness.
Okay so in the ideal world we'd all be sprinting and cross-training and spinning. But in the real world where we have to fit our excercise around life, and budgets and space restrictions, anything we are doing that we weren't doing before has got to be a bonus.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question,
But since using the stepper would help my legs, Does this mean it would help with me walking and possibly lead to jogging?

Yes it could do because you will be building up muscle and strength in your legs by using the stepper so if you wanted to start jogging you would already have some muscle tone in your legs which would be a fab head start :D

I can't see how any piece of exercise equipment can be called useless, if buying it makes you do some exercise then its served its purpose. Yes you could use the bottom step of your stairs, front door step etc but you're more likely to use something that you can pop in front of the telly or take to your bedroom and do when you want.
I'm too tight to buy a stepper, I use an adult skateboard as one...making sure it cant roll either way of course because me turning up in casualty with a skateboard injury would just be too stupid!:D

Back