Feeling like a total dummy :(

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Lightning86, 9 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Lightning86

Lightning86 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.8lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Custom
    Hey Guys!

Well I thought I had done a good thing buying a Stepper(Supposed to be like walking up and down stairs)Machine to aid my weight loss, But turns out there pretty much useless :(

I don't have room for a real exercise machine like a treadmill or exercise bike, Only thing I have is Stepper and Wii Fit+ but I am thinking of buying Biggest Loser for the wii.

I have been using the Meal Replacement milkshakes which I must admit I really do enjoy there quite yummy.

So feeling like a total dummy cause even when I really try I mess up :(

I do have a Pedometer(One of the Pokemon PokeWalker things you get with Pokemon Soul Silver :D Quite accurate)
    Can't really jog/run cause I hurt my ankle rather badly and it hurts when I try to but I can walk for about an hour, would this help at all?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dextermummy

dextermummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(23.2%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I don't know who told you a stepper is useless. It may not be the best aerobic excercise in the world but it's still better than sitting on your backside. If you go on that in the evening watching telly when normally you'd be sat on your bum, it will DEFINITELY burn more calories and help with weight loss. It will also help tone your legs and bum meaning when you do lose the weigh there's some nice structure under there.
    And yes walking is a great form of excercise, again not the highest calorie burner out there, but a good regular walking routine will do wonders for both wieght loss and overall fitness.
    Okay so in the ideal world we'd all be sprinting and cross-training and spinning. But in the real world where we have to fit our excercise around life, and budgets and space restrictions, anything we are doing that we weren't doing before has got to be a bonus.

4. Lightning86

Lightning86 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.8lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Custom
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question,
    But since using the stepper would help my legs, Does this mean it would help with me walking and possibly lead to jogging?

5. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes it could do because you will be building up muscle and strength in your legs by using the stepper so if you wanted to start jogging you would already have some muscle tone in your legs which would be a fab head start :D

6. CatCrazy

CatCrazy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(24.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I can't see how any piece of exercise equipment can be called useless, if buying it makes you do some exercise then its served its purpose. Yes you could use the bottom step of your stairs, front door step etc but you're more likely to use something that you can pop in front of the telly or take to your bedroom and do when you want.
    I'm too tight to buy a stepper, I use an adult skateboard as one...making sure it cant roll either way of course because me turning up in casualty with a skateboard injury would just be too stupid!:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.