Feeling lumpy

Harrie

Silver Member
The battery went on our scales so I haven't weighed myself since coming back from the UK and I've been good this week . . .yet I still feel incredibly lumpy and fat.

Thing is, if I stood on scales and they said I'd only gained a pound, I wouldn't feel as bad. Why do we rely on these bloody machines so much to make us feel good? Probably because my body image is buggered after so many years of being the biggest - now I always think I am even when clearly I'm not. Sometimes I wonder if this is why I'm forever on a "diet" - getting to goal, putting some pounds back on, dieting (in a fashion ;)) again - because in my mind I'm never "slim" so what does a few more pounds mean?

Does anyone else feel this way . . . or am I a rambling idiot :D?

Anyway, getting a battery today so I can WI on Monday. Fingers crossed.

I always find the days I feel "lighter" are the days I weigh heavier and get really frustrated then so you are not alone. Our consultant at class was saying last week that if the founder of SW had her way there would be no scales in class and it would all be about being a size you feel happy with, not numbers ona dial. I think for a lot of people this would be a really great idea as once the pressure of getting to a magic number has gone, many do far better. Good luck with your weigh in, I am sure you will be fine :)

Back