Feeling Poorly

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by emmievic, 12 February 2010 Social URL.

1. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Ive been feeling ill all day, headache, sore throat and achey....what is the recomendations on eating? I have 2 girls to look after so really don't want to be poorly for an extended period but am loathed to eat too much. Is it possible to make a quick recovery without eating? Im disapointed because I've not had a sick day in 3 years and it seems strange its now when I am not eating.
    Help! xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soon2bemotherofbride

soon2bemotherofbride Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    new to LT so not sure wat you can eat, but hope you feeling better soon..

4. justdoit-ro

justdoit-ro Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    strange that...i'm on day 9 and feel exactly as you say....throat, runny nose, headache, sore ears....is this just a coincidence or is immune system affected by the transition to tfr.....i'm planning to stick it out though...no food just paracetemol.....but feeling sorry for myself:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

5. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Thats exactly me....even the feeling sorry for myself! If it wasn't for the children I would just spend the weekend in bed and it would be easy!! We'll try and stick it out though shall we? Hope you feel better soon xxxxxxxxxx

6. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Girls, just keep up your fluids. Have some herbal tea. Take paracetamol or a lemsip if you are fluey. Lots of people on here have had colds and bugs and stuck to tfr with no ill effects. So unless you think you are much worse than that try and stick it out.
    Get tucked up in bed and keep sipping water for the throat.

7. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Thank you! Just bummed on feeling so rubbish I think, especially when I'm usually the only one in the house that escapes unscathed where bugs are concerned (I work in a hospital lab so am exposed to a lot!)
    Sometimes its too easy to find an excuse to give in....will try my best to not let it beat me xxx

8. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Good girl, that's the spirit!!

9. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    shakes of various companies I have gathered up
    How you feeling, Emmievic? Hope you a bit better than yesterday. x

10. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Thank you Jax...no I still feel horrible, daughter asked why i have purple under my eyes! Made me feel great. Does anyone know if you can take sudafed? I have blocked sinuses and don't want it to turn into sinusitis.
    How are you today Ro? x

11. bigmuthabluffa

bigmuthabluffa Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    HI there yes you can take sudafed I have been for the last three days as I have sinus blockage.
    Eating should have no difference in how well you feel hun, remember we get all the nutriants our bodies need and then we MUST drink up to 4 ltrs of water, you know the doctors always say drink more fluids make it water if possible.
    In fact you probably wouldn't get as many nutrients from eating as you are on LT.
    Try maybe streching out your shakes through the day so you get a little energy boost every few hours, have 6 instead of three just for today and be commited to your water intake, make it warm water to get the comfort feeling, you can do this hun.

Anna x

12. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Thank you, don't feel like eating today or having my shakes to be honest. Will keep drinking the water and try and force one down in a little while. Have taken sudafed so hopefully the face ache will calm down soon! Girls are busy drawing and making Valentines cards for their friends so apart from the occasional arguement over whos using the pink, they are quiet and well behaved!
    Heres to rest and recouperation! xx

13. Madmumto4

Madmumto4 must lose twinny belly :)

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    SW
    aww hun i really hope u feel better soon xxxxxx

14. ChellyWellyBoot

ChellyWellyBoot I will be skinny again!!!

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(19.37%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hang in there..

i got sick on lipotrim and took cold and flu medicine and stuck to TFR... I nearly cheated but as soon as I felt bad I was sooo glad I didnt eat

Get better soon xxx

15. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Thanks for the encouragement! xxxx

16. justdoit-ro

justdoit-ro Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi emmievic...feel sh** to be honest but have stayed in the bed all day so far ...have just watched 2 great movies ...1 was a weepy so that helped..(feeling pretty sorry for myself)...wait 4 this : my daughter had 5 teenage friends 4 a sleepover last night...yes 5!!! she is 13 & has this planned 4 ages..well she made pizza for tea ..then they all got ready and went to a local pre-teen disco...oh did transport bless him...they stayed up most of night chatting I think but I didnt hear them...then my daughter made pancakes 4 brekkie and messed around while I watched movies with headphones...then oh left them home.....goes to show they can manage without you if they have to ...moral of story is be good to yourself & take care of yourself...ps back to the point paracetemol & water only...not giving in...managed 1 shake so far...feel better soon emmievic & if possible get help with kids..take care

Last edited: 13 February 2010
  17. samonamission

samonamission Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.51%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I found on this diet the dreaded cold sore reared its head, and that was day 3!! I am sure last time it took weeks and weeks to feel poorly.
    I know it is dreadful and you feel weak and not good but soon your body will fight it off and you will feel so good, its odd starving the body gives you so much energy.. Soon it will come to you xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. thinking

thinking Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.7%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    Im a LT nub, just started today, feel quite encouraged by your success. Hope to keep at it and reach BMI 22! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.